Toggleable Moving Averages
This indicator can be a handy tool if you mostly trades from naked charts but sometimes need a quick look at the moving averages. You can add up to three separate moving averages that can be easily shown or hidden by a single click of a button.
The button can be placed in any corner of the chart with a text of your choice. You can also specify the x and y distance from that corner.
- Show or hide the moving averages by a single click of a button
- Add up to three moving averages
- Minimalistic and discreet
- Remembers the state even when you exit the terminal
- Data Window shows smoothing method and period for each moving average
- Button can be placed exactly where you want it to be
The following input parameters can be set.
- Button text - the text of the button
- Button X offset - horizontal distance from the corner
- Button Y offset - vertical distance from the corner
- Place the button in - what corner to place the button in
- Period (n) - averaging period for calculation
- Shift (n) - shift value in bars
- Method (n) - smoothing method
- Apply to (n) - desired price base for calculation
Set the period to 0 if you want to disable a moving average.
Coded by Erik Dahlstrand