The indicator shows favorable points for entering the market. The indicator can be used for scalping on small timeframes and for long-term trading.
- Count bars - bars counted to draw indicator. Optimal value on chart 500..1000. For an EA this value can be reduced to 1, improves testing and optimisation speed
- Indicator period - bars used for calculations, can be 0 to 100
- Deviation, 0..100 - indicator deviation coefficient, 0 to 100
- Filter period - filter period in bars, 1 to 50
- Filter applied price - applied price chosen from the list
- Filter level (50-100) - filter level, values in range 50..100
- Filter Shift - how many bars shift of filter default 0
- Only completed bars - choose to work on completed bars only or on null bar too
- Arrow vertical shift - distance from arrow to bar extreme
- Up arrow color - choose color for UP arrow
- Down arrow color - choose color for DOWN arrow
- Arrow size - give size, optimal
- Allow alerts globally - allows all alerts when true
- Pop-up alert - allows showing a pop-up alert when an arrow appears
- Play sound - allows playing a sound when an arrow appears
- Sound file - sound file, must be placed in %terminal path%\Sounds or it's sub-directory
- Send e-mail - allows e-mail message on arrow appearance when true
- Send push notification - allows sending notifications on arrow appearance when true
Example of parameters list to pass to iCustom
input int P=5; //Indicator period
input int K=5; //Deviation, 0..100
input int cper=4; //Filter period
input ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE cpr=PRICE_CLOSE; //Filter applied price
input int lim=70; //Filter level (50-100)
input int csh=0; //Filter Shift
//Passing other parameters not required, they configure the appearance of the indicator on a chart
Example of call from an EA on the 1st bar
double dc2= iCustom(_Symbol,0,"DreamCatcher_v2.500release",drawbars,P,K,cper,cpr,lim,csh,1,1); //second buffer - down arrow
- Added possibility to define arrow shift from bar's extremum as a raio of bar height - value shift=0.5 means distance between indicator's arrow and bar High or Low of (High-Low)*0.5.
2. Added all types of notifications (alerts, push notifications via MetaQuotes ID, email and sound) triggered when the indicator changes its direction.
- New filter levels, now values are within the range 0-100.