Questions from a "dummy"

Good afternoon. How does IntradayTimeFilter work? Where can I find a detailed description of all the signal modules in the Wizard, which parameters mean what?

How IntradayTimeFilter works is figured out. It allows (or disallows) one single hour during the day. What if you want to allow not just one hour, but a period?

strelec:
Afternoon. How does IntradayTimeFilter work? Where can I find a detailed description of all the signal modules in the Wizard, what parameters mean what?

A more detailed description of the signal modules will appear in the help later.

Regarding: "How does IntradayTimeFilter work?"

The module does not generate trading signals, but allows you to impose time limits on trading.

Different combinations of parameters will allow you to test the performance of a trading strategy based on other signals, e.g:

• on Mondays (or any other day of the week);
  • On any day of the week except Mondays and Fridays;
  • at 9:00 AM (or any other hour of the day)
  • twenty-four hours a day, excluding any number of hours in a 24-hour period;
  • etc.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

strelec:

How IntradayTimeFilter works is figured out. It enables (or disables) one single hour per day. But what if you want to allow not just one hour, but a period?

Enables (selects) one hour parameter GoodHourOfDay (-1 all hours are "good")

To allow a period (interval of hours) use the BadHoursOfDay parameter. This is the bit mask of the "bad" hours. 24 bits are used (by the number of hours in a day).

If you want to allow an interval from 8 to 19 hours inclusive, disable hours 0 to 7 and 20 to 23. The value of the parameter will look like this

1111000000000000111111111111 (in binary form),

16646399 (in decimal form).

Good afternoon. What do the checkboxes on the time axis at the bottom of the graph mean?

strelec:
Good afternoon. What do the checkboxes on the time axis at the bottom of the chart mean?

Economic calendar

Can an expert be trained to read the news?

strelec:
Can an expert be trained to read the news?
For the last week, you can already do it now. There are proposals to the developers to add news history and give direct access to the calendar from MQL5.

strelec:
Is it possible to train an Expert Advisor to read news?

Without a news history in the tester it will be difficult, although in principle it is possible.

The terminal automatically sets up graph objects signifying news events, which means you can read their contents using standard methods.

Then it is a matter of technique. Recognize and classify the event, make a trading decision according to the logic.

uncleVic:

Enables (selects) one hour parameter GoodHourOfDay (-1 all hours are "good")

To allow a period (interval of hours) use the BadHoursOfDay parameter. This is the bit mask of the "bad" hours. 24 bits are used (by the number of hours in a day).

If you want to allow an interval from 8 to 19 hours inclusive, disable hours 0 to 7 and 20 to 23. The value of the parameter will look like this

11110000000000001111111111 (in binary),

16646399 (decimal).

I'm not skilled in programming. Is this how the parameter must be set as one long string? The Expert Advisor will understand by itself when there is a binary code and when it is decimal? How would the value of the parameter look, to allow trading from 02 to 05 and from 14 to 17? Thank you in advance for answers.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе - Документация по MQL5

This parameter cannot be set in binary, no more than eleven digits can be entered. But in decimal form it works, but how do I resolve the time I want? Who can tell me?
Reason: