Questions from a "dummy" - page 175

marketeer:
Why? ENUM_DEAL_ENTRY describes all possible "ways". Just because no mention is made of reducing the position size by DEAL_ENTRY_OUT does not mean that the enumeration needs to be expanded.
Once again, repeating question #2: How do we currently identify trades that have reduced the size of a previously open position (without closing or reversing the position)?

Yedelkin:
Again, repeating question #2: How do I currently identify trades that have reduced the volume of a previously open position (without closing or reversing the position)?
And as I wrote above,doesDEAL_ENTRY_OUT not work in this case?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства сделок
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства сделок
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства сделок - Документация по MQL5

marketeer:
And as I wrote above, doesDEAL_ENTRY_OUT not work in this case?

I.e., according to your version, deals which resulted in reduction of volume of previously opened position (without closing the position), should be identified "due to DEAL_ENTRY_OUT"?

I can't answer your question, because I have no information about how information about properties of deals is formed.

Yedelkin:

I.e., according to your version, deals which resulted in reduction of volume of previously opened position (without closing the position), should be identified "due to DEAL_ENTRY_OUT"?

I cannot answer your question, because I do not know how information about properties of deals is formed.

Well, logically, why do not you ask the same question about filling a position? It is denoted by the same member of the enum as the initial entry into the market -DEAL_ENTRY_IN. You don't suggest for some reason to complete the listing in this case, do you? And on the occasion ofa partial withdrawal youmiss DEAL_ENTRY_OUTfor some reason.

marketeer:
Well, logically, why don't you ask the same question about refilling a position? It is denoted by the same member of the enum, as the initial market entry -DEAL_ENTRY_IN. You don't suggest for some reason to complete the listing in this case, do you? And on the occasion ofa partial withdrawal youmissDEAL_ENTRY_OUTfor some reason.

Please answer at least one of my questions :) For example, on the last one:

according to your version, deals that resulted in reduction of volume of previously opened position (without closing the position) should be identified "at the expense of DEAL_ENTRY_OUT"?

Otherwise you constantly ask new questions instead of answers - forcing me to think for you, what you mean by that. And I would like to get clear answers instead of guessing.

DEAL_ENTRY_IN entry or refill

DEAL_ENTRY_OUT closing partial or full (exit).

Although not...Partial is realized by entering the market ( IN ) in the opposite direction...

Good evening !
StdDev_handle= iStdDev(
   string              symbol,            // имя символа
   ENUM_TIMEFRAMES     period,            // период
   int                 ma_period,         // период усреднения
   int                 ma_shift,          // смещение индикатора по горизонтали
   ENUM_MA_METHOD      ma_method,         // тип сглаживания
   ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE  applied_price      // тип цены или handle
   );   
Tell me, would it be a mistake to use numeric values of int type instead ofENUM_TIMEFRAMES? In general, are there any assigned values that correspond to periods?

Dimka-novitsek:
Good evening, will it be a mistake to use numeric values of the int type instead ofENUM_TIMEFRAMES?

A function has a set of parameters of a well-defined type. If a parameter of a different type is inserted, it will be an error. The compilerwill generallyreport an error, but not always. For instance:

void f(ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period)
  {}
void OnStart()
  {
   f(3);
   f(200);
  }
Dimka-novitsek:
Generally, do any specific values correspond to periods?

Yes, each period corresponds to a certain value. Somebody posted it on the forum a couple of years ago. You can find it out on your own by running a line similar to the one below:

Print("Идентификатору PERIOD_W1 соответствует значение ",(int)PERIOD_W1); 

Karlson:

DEAL_ENTRY_IN entry or topping up

DEAL_ENTRY_OUT partial or full close (exit)

Thank you for your clear answer. It turns out that the Reference contains incomplete information about the value of DEAL_ENTRY_OUT property, since only a complete closing of a position is attached to this property at the moment. Right?

Next. If the value of DEAL_ENTRY_OUT means either complete closing of a position or reduction of the position volume without closing, then how can we determine whether a trade withDEAL_ENTRY_OUT resulted in closing of a position? According to the current version of the Handbook, everything is clear: if a deal has the DEAL_ENTRY_OUT property - it closed it. But according to your version, the mere presence of this property does not mean anything, and we have to make up some additional checks.

OK... I've tried everything. Let's look at an example so as not to get confused.

1.Entry into the market - IN.

2.Adding more IN.

3А. Closing of all positions (press Close - sell will work) - OUT.

3Б. Closing partially by opening of half of the sell - OUT.

Reason: