Questions from a "dummy" - page 60

Why can't I download FREE EAs and indicators from Martet?

Rosh:

What did you expect to get out of this expression?

Read Boolean operations

I simply tried to shorten the code without expecting anything :) Not knowing how to mark an "empty string", I tried different variants and their combinations. Now with your help I see that I've experimented in the given variant :)

Question. A year ago there are two new identifiers:SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT andSYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS. And how are the corresponding values calculated? More exactly, why is the value of a tick in a profitable position different from the value of a tick in a losing position? And is the value of a tick in a losing position always greater than in a profitable one? The purpose of the question: by the allowed amount of loss (in the deposit currency) and the distance from the opening price to the SL to calculate the request.volume

Yedelkin:

Question. A year ago there are two new identifiers:SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT andSYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS. And how are the corresponding values calculated? More exactly, why is the value of a tick in a profitable position different from the value of a tick in a losing position? And is the value of a tick in a losing position always greater than in a profitable one? The purpose of the question: by the allowed amount of loss (in the deposit currency) and the distance from the opening price to the SL to calculate the request.volume

The operation of the parameters in the formulas should not be a question.

sergeev:
The parameter handling in formulas should not be an issue.

Honestly, I don't understand the answer :) The question has already appeared and been voiced. The question is about how specific "parameters" are calculated, namely: SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT) and SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS). The question has been voiced with an explanation of its causes. Can you clarify the situation in essence?

profit=lot*point*tickval

didn't you know ?

sergeev:

profit=lot*point*tickval

didn't you know ?

So why are profit and loss ticks different in value? After all, in the case of both profit and loss the position is closed the same way (either at Ask or Bid in both cases).

Yedelkin:
So why do profit and loss ticks differ in value? After all, in case of both profit and loss the position is closed the same way (either in both cases at Ask or at Bid).

What do you care? Just use the appropriate tickvalue.

You need to calculate the lot for a possible loss. so use the concepts.

You don't ask why stoplevel changes. you just use its current value. and it's the same here.

You may ask why the current value of stoplevel changes for profit and loss.

this is done for other exchange instruments.

sergeev:

By the way, it is not a fact that in forex the tickvalue will be different for profit and for loss.

They do, it's a fact. That is why I asked.

sergeev:

What difference does it make to you? Just use the appropriate tickvalue.

Yes, the difference is that it's hard to use a value without knowing its "physical meaning". Yes, I need to calculate the volume with a known amount of allowable loss. Calculate it before sending the request, before opening a position. But if the value of a tick is not equal to 1, then the value of such a tick is floating. And this current tick value can be very little connected with the future position opening price and its SL. So it turns out that without knowledge of the "physical sense" it is a bit presumptuous to apply these tickvalues.

sergeev:

You don't ask why stoplevel changes. you just use its current value. and it's the same situation here.

Yes, I don't ask. But in this case we need to ensure that the actual loss does not exceed a specific value. And the pre-calculation of the volume uses tickvalue in two hypostases.
Reason: