Questions from a "dummy" - page 46

Why is there no moving average crossing signals and no Alligatora in the new wizard?

Rosh:

Take the indicator values without an offset and then mix the lines themselves. It will be easier that way. Look at how it is done in iEnvelopes, for example:

yes but there in mql4 the blending is set for each element of the array, and here for the whole line, how to achieve the same result ?

kirill-demo:

uncleVic: which parameter should be changed to 0 ? Please show me the fifth pattern.

The model number and the bit number in the mask are the same. Here are some examples:

0 (in binary form 000000b) - all mask bits are reset, no model is used,

4 (binary 000100b) - only bit 2 is set, only model 2 "crossing of main and signal oscillator lines" is used,

16 (in binary form 010000b) - only bit 4 is set, only pattern 4 "oscillator and price div,

31 (in binary form 011111b) - only bit 5 is set and all models except model 5 "double oscillator and price divisions" are used.

To set the "list" of Signal models used, add a line to the program:

int usage=4;   // для использования только модели 2
filterXXX.PatternsUsage(usage);

uncleVic:

The model number and bit number in the mask match. Here are some examples:

4 (binary 000100b) - only bit 2 is set, only model 2 "crossing of main and signal oscillator lines " is used,

16 (in binary form 010000b) - only bit 4 is set, only model 4 "oscillator and price divirgence" is used,

31 (in binary form 011111b) - only bit 5 is set and all models except model 5 "double oscillator and price divisions" are used.

To configure the "list" of Signal models used, add a line to the program:

could you explain it more clearly? I have absolutely no idea what a bitmask is.

uncleVic:

The model number and bit number in the mask match. Here are some examples:

4 (in binary form 000100b) - only bit 2 is set, only model 2 "crossing of main and signal oscillator lines " is used,

16 (in binary form 010000b) - only bit 4 is set, only model 4 "oscillator and price divirgence" is used,

To configure the "list" of Signal models used, add a line to the program:

Gentlemen developers, have you no shame? First you make MQL5 object-oriented, which implies encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance at least, and then you spit on the first whale of OOP, revealing the guts of the object model... Bitmasks.... You also get the pointers out there, fuck....

Couldn't you make some human methods, like SetSignalModels(ENUM_MODEL_MA_CROSS, ...)? It will be easier for you with support for

Vladix:

Gentlemen developers, aren't you ashamed of yourselves? First you make MQL5 object-oriented, which implies encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance at least, and then you spit on at least the first whale of OOP, revealing the guts of the object model... Bitmasks.... You also take the pointers outward, shit....

Couldn't you make some human methods, like SetSignalModels(ENUM_MODEL_MA_CROSS, ...)? It will be easier for you with support.

Honestly? No shame.

Sorry, I couldn't find a ladder to climb your bell tower.

Well, can someone still explain to me how to remove some signal patterns in the signals of the indicator? Explain it this way: open such a file, find such a parameter, change it to such a parameter, or delete it. That is all. Is it so difficult to explain it?

uncleVic:

Honestly? Not ashamed.

Sorry, couldn't find a ladder to climb your bellwether.

Perhaps I am wrong in your understanding of the following statement, if you find a discrepancy with your point of view, please correct me.

Programmers write code to make life easier for users.

In case of MQL, the users are MQL programmers and this is what all this is done for.

The ladder is object-oriented programming, the steps for it were made by Straustrup, Fowler, Gamma and many others. I hope you've had time to dwell on the steps of Steve McConnell's Perfect Code and Peter Goodliffe's The Craft of Programming? So many people miss them.

kirill-demo:
Can someone explain how to remove some patterns in indicator signals? Open such a file, find such a parameter, change it for so-and-so or delete it. That is all. Is it so difficult to explain it?

After completing the Wizard, the Expert Advisor sourcebook opens in the Editor. Find lines similar to:

//--- Creating and tuning filter CSignalMACD
   CSignalMACD *filter;
   if((filter=new CSignalMACD)==NULL) return(-100);
   signal.AddFilter(filter);

To remove some patterns, you need to add a line to call the PatternsUsage method with the parameter<some number>. It looks like this:

//--- Creating and tuning filter CSignalMACD
   CSignalMACD *filter;
   if((filter=new CSignalMACD)==NULL) return(-100);
   signal.AddFilter(filter);
//--- отключаем модель "двойная дивергенция"
   filter.PatternsUsage(31);

Vladix:

Perhaps I am wrong in your understanding of the following statement, if you find any discrepancy with your point of view, please correct me.

Programmers write code to make life easier for users.

In case of MQL, the users are MQL programmers and this is what it's all about.

The ladder is object-oriented programming, the steps for it were made by Straustrup, Fowler, Gamma and many others. I hope you've had time to dwell on the steps of Steve McConnell's Perfect Code and Peter Goodliffe's The Craft of Programming? So many people miss them

There's no way to get into a multi-page theoretical debate.
Reason: