Questions from a "dummy" - page 212

Nailing the frame into the program

PERIOD_MN1

has not changed anything.

But that's not even the issue, the history is not being searched the way it should be, I came across it accidentally in this exact situation when testing in " opening price only" on a monthly frame. And I don't know where I will run into it again. Therefore, there is no guarantee that the testing coincides with the real robot operation. And this is very bad. I may miss a good stock market pattern by believing the wrong data.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5

Dear forum members, I have a slightly unusual question, where you can get acquainted with the world ranking of forex trading platforms, is metatrader4(5) as popular on the street as the participants of our brokers. I ask because if you study a lot of material you have to be sure that it is the world's leading product and not some adaptation or a locally popular self-propelled one.

EvMir:
If you're going to study a huge amount of material...

What material are we talking about? Charts and indicators? It's the same everywhere.

If you fail in Nizza or Tradestation, you'll fail in MT as well.

If you're talking about the MQL5 language, you'd better create a trading strategy first and trade manually for a couple of months. Or, you can just order the development of your own grail at the service. And you don't need to know MQL. You will be a muller.

EvMir:
Dear forum users, I have a slightly unusual question, where you can see the world ranking of forex trading platforms, is metatrader4(5) really as popular on the street as the participants of our brokers. I ask because if you study a lot of material you have to make sure it's the world's leading product and not some adaptation or a locally popular self-propelled one.

Google banned?

On the very first page of the question, there's a link to a related thread in a neighbouring forum... and then click, click, click.

And yes, the question is incorrect. It's not about a hat.

Can you tell me what the LICENSE_TIME identifier means ? More precisely, does it imply that a paid program for the Market can be time-limited in the demo test?

MegaVoin:

Nailing the frame into the program

has not changed anything.

But that's not even the issue. History is not being searched the way it should be, I came across it by accident in this exact situation when testing in " opening price only" on a monthly frame. And I don't know where I will run into it again. Therefore, there is no guarantee that the testing coincides with the real robot operation. And this is very bad. I can miss a good stock market pattern by believing the wrong data.

if (CopyHigh(_Symbol,PERIOD_MN1,0,ikolbar,MaxVal)<=0) return;
   ArraySetAsSeries(MaxVal,true);
if (CopyLow (_Symbol,PERIOD_MN1,0,ikolbar,MinVal)<=0) return;
   ArraySetAsSeries(MinVal,true);

double max=0.0, min=0.0;
for (iii=1; iii<ikolbar; iii++)
{  max=MathMax(max, MaxVal[iii]);
   max=MathMin(min, MinVal[iii]);
}

Print(“MaxVal = “,DoubleToString(max,_Digits),”, MinVal = “,DoubleToString(min,_Digits));

Is it possible to use a dynamic array as a member of a class?

everything is fine here

class claster
{
public: claster *next, *prev;
char arclaster[][2], weight; int sum,v1,v2;
}

compiles without errors, but when debugging e.g. curclaster.arclaster[1][0]=1;gives error Array out of range.

what's wrong?

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Объект динамического массива
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Объект динамического массива
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Типы данных / Объект динамического массива - Документация по MQL5

fellow:

Is it possible to use a dynamic array as a member of a class?

Sure.

what is wrong with it?
Is there an ArrayResize somewhere? It's a dynamic array.

Can you please tell me how to programmatically check if the Expert Advisor works or not?

The thing is that there are no errors in the log, but the EA sometimes stops working, and is restored only after restarting the terminal.

G001:

Can you please tell me how to programmatically check if the Expert Advisor works or not?

The thing is that there are no errors in the log, but the EA sometimes stops working and is restored only after restarting the terminal.

One of the easiest ways is to insert

Alert("Я работаю");

where you want to check the correctness of the code or check if a condition is true (i.e., if all conditions are true and an action should be taken)

I, for example, insert Alert inside each complex function with different text, in order to check if the function was executed at all and if the EA reaches it

Maybe you use some conditions and they are always false.

Reason: