Questions from a "dummy" - page 17

Cron:

3. I want to switch to MT5! :) But I cannot because of some small problem, the developers are still keeping silent. I would like to hear their version: why in MQL4 I have a guaranteed close position with SL/TP, and cannot do it in MQL5.

The absence of a guarantee concerns any market and any trading system. And in MT4 you could get slippage on stop.

Probably, you are only focusing on the program model without taking into account real market conditions, where it's banal not to find execution at the right conditions. Forex gives a deceptive sense of infinite liquidity, which is very different from stock trading, where execution cannot be absolutely accurate and guaranteed.

Renat:

Lack of guarantees applies to any market and any trading system. And in MT4 it was possible to get stop slippage.

Probably you are only focusing on the software model without taking into account real market conditions, where it is trivial not to find execution at the right conditions. Forex gives a deceptive sense of infinite liquidity, which is very different from stock trading where execution cannot be absolutely accurate and guaranteed.

Thank you for your reply, Renat.

What method of solving the problem within the current toolbox would you advise, as a system creator:

a) remove SL/TP before closing out of the market

b) pull SL/TP to the STOPLEVEL distance and wait for the closing

c) use the PositionClose method and after its successful execution check the presence of a new open position and close it, if it appears?

d) Your variant?

You have implemented the basic types of execution (Instant - guaranteed price, non-guaranteed execution; Market - guaranteed execution, non-guaranteed price).

In the case of SL/TP positions, we cannot guaranteed exit the market at ANY price, i.e. even at an unguaranteed price we cannot get a guaranteed execution :(

And why do you think there should be guaranteed execution in the market ?

Also, a market order is in no way a guarantee of execution.

Renat:

And why do you think there should be guaranteed execution in the market ?

In addition, the market order is no guarantee of execution.

Indeed, I could be wrong, as I know more about programming than markets :)

Renat, what do you advise to close a position in the market with a relatively close SL/TP?

Cron:

Renat, what would you advise to close position with relatively close SL/TP?

If the position volume is small, as it is in forex and there is no news movement of a couple of hundred pips, then close as usual without looking back at stops.

If you have time and do not want to take risks, and market conditions are also calm, you can zero out the stops and then close as usual.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций - Документация по MQL5

how to disable news on the chart in MT5????

Parkhomenko:
How to disable news in MT5 that is displayed on the chart????

Tools-Options-Server-Enable news

Parkhomenko:
How to disable news in MT5 that is displayed on the chart????

Good question :)

And when the "Tools - Options - Allow news" checkbox is disabled, followed by deleting the objects manually after restarting the terminal, the checkboxes reappear.

Uncheck the "Auto update" option in the context menu of the Tools tab -> Calendar + There is also a "Delete all events" command to delete news that are already on the chart.

It is, thank you.
Reason: