Questions from a "dummy" - page 45

kirill-demo:

1. Where are the moving average crossover signal modules? Where are the alligatora signals?

2. Each indicator has several types of signals. How to make MACD accept only zero crossing signals?

1. Formulate your questions more clearly, if you do not want to get "rhyming" answers.

2. Almost all classes of Signals analyze several market patterns. For example, for CSignalMACD it is:

//--- "weights" of market models (0-100)
   int               m_pattern_0;      // model 0 "the oscillator has required direction"
   int               m_pattern_1;      // model 1 "reverse of the oscillator to required direction"
   int               m_pattern_2;      // model 2 "crossing of main and signal line"
   int               m_pattern_3;      // model 3 "crossing of main line an the zero level"
   int               m_pattern_4;      // model 4 "divergence of the oscillator and price"
   int               m_pattern_5;      // model 5 "double divergence of the oscillator and price"

In the base class CExpertSignal, the void PatternsUsage(int value) method is described. This method sets a bitmask (do you know what a bitmask is?) to use market patterns.

When initializing Signal, all mask bits are set to "1" by default. It means that all market models described in the class are analyzed to make a decision about possible price movement. For any model not to be used, the corresponding bit of the mask should be reset (set to "0").

I can't do without one reference book. I, in particular, cannot do without it. I write everything in simple terms, because I don't understand what all the rest is for. Yes, maybe it's too complicated for some people, but it seems to me that most people need it the other way around.Take the same classes ... At least the knowledge, the advantage and the need will be, but to get to this point, one directory is clearly not enough ...

Karlson:
I wish there was a textbook. I can't do without one. Particularly for me. I write everything in simple terms, because I don't understand why everything else is needed. Yes, maybe someone needs it too much, but it seems to me that most people need it the other way around.I'm not sure why they're needed, I just took two wiffle ball buffers and compared... Well, I understand that if you deepen everything, at least the knowledge, the advantage and the need will be, but to get there, one manual is not enough...
Have you read MQL4 Book Russian? You may use it, but you don't have to do it yourself.

I started programming a few months ago and almost immediately switched to MQL5. However, I rather have some general understanding of MQL4, depending on my needs. I still write in MQL5 without any complications, so I haven't realized the potential and possibilities of the new language.It's good, when you have the entire idea of what classes are and what they are for. Frankly speaking, I didn't want to go further into MQL4 when I switched to 5. As compared to Basic, you can start with C++ and learn MQL5 easily after that :-) I've just expressed my opinion about the need for a textbook. There's a lot of information about MQL4, both in simple and complex forms :-)

Karlson:

I started programming a few months ago and almost immediately switched to MQL5. However, I rather have some general understanding of MQL4, depending on my needs. I still write in MQL5 without any complications, thus not realizing the potential and possibilities of the new language.It's good, when you have the entire idea of classes and why they are important. Frankly speaking, I didn't want to go further into MQL4 when I switched to 5. As compared to Basic, you can start with C++ and learn MQL5 easily after that :-) I've just expressed my opinion about the need for a textbook. There's a lot of information about MQL4, both in simple and complex forms :-)

At a subconscious level the Handle is a doorknob)

Makser:
On a subconscious level, the handle is the window handle.)
Well, somewhere very deep in the subconscious :o)

uncleVic: which parameter should be changed to 0 ? Please show me the fifth pattern.

Urain:
Well, somewhere very deep in my subconscious :o)
Wondering on Yandex, couldn't understand) and suddenly saw this comparison

Good afternoon!

I am rewriting the indicator for mql5,
for(int i = limit - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
        lineBuffer0[i] = iStochastic(NULL, 0, kPeriod1, dPeriod1, slowing1, MODE_EMA, 1, stochasticBuffer, i);
}
it looks like this
handle=iStochastic(Symbol(), 0, kPeriod1, dPeriod1, slowing1, MODE_EMA, 1);
CopyBuffer(handle,0,0,limit,lineBuffer0);

question
how to make shift - the index of the value obtained from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar by the specified number of periods back)

Lodar:

question
how to make shift - index of the value received from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar by a specified number of periods backwards)

Take the indicator values without an offset and then mix the lines themselves. It will be easier that way. Look at how it's done in iEnvelopes, for example:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int OnInit()
  {
//--- привязка массивов к индикаторным буферам
   SetIndexBuffer(0,UpperBuffer,INDICATOR_DATA);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,LowerBuffer,INDICATOR_DATA);
//--- зададим смещение для каждой линии
   PlotIndexSetInteger(0,PLOT_SHIFT,ma_shift);
   PlotIndexSetInteger(1,PLOT_SHIFT,ma_shift);
Reason: