Questions from a "dummy" - page 113

RedFish:

All the problems started when I saved the EA and include files via the menu into a separate folder "just in case". And everything went wrong ...

If you have saved an instance of the Expert Advisor in a separate folder, and then run that instance, it is likely to be launched from that folder. Since the include files were saved along with the Expert Advisor, the format #include"file_name"("with quotes") calls include files saved in the folder. This is where it sees the "old" files.

The format#include<file_name> ("with quotes") means the reference to a standard directory of the terminal_directory\MQL5\Include type. But it is true when an instance of the Expert Advisor is placed interminal_directory\MQL5\Experts. Whether it is true when an instance of the Expert Advisor is placed in other directories - I do not know. But try to run your instance of an Expert Advisor in a folder of the terminal_directory/MQL5/Experts type, and see the results.

Yedelkin:

That's why it sees the "old" files.

It doesn't see the old ones. That's because they're new. I think I've sorted out this "separate storage space" thing. I had to put everything there like you described and it worked. Strange why the system won't let me use the intended folders ...

Thanks for your help.

Tell me, construction:

if( a==0 && b==0 && c==1)

If the first condition is false, will the other conditions be checked, or is it better to write nested if on one condition?

I mean, will it affect the speed?

fyords:

Say a construction:

in case "a" is false, the other conditions will be checked

No, they won't. There is something like "short evaluation" in Handbook, I'll look for it now.

MQL5 Reference / Language Fundamentals / Operations and Expressions / Boolean operations / Short evaluation of boolean operations

Yedelkin:

No, they won't. There is something in the Handbook like a 'short assessment', I'll look for it now.

Thanks for the tip, I found it here.

fyords:
Thanks for the tip, found it here.

Very quick :)

Good day!

Can you tell me the cost of providing the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester?

Thank you in advance.

884ka:

Please advise how much the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester costs.

https://cloud.mql5.com/ru/faq/payments

Hello.

Can you please tell me if there is an automated method to convert a tpl template from MT4 to MT5

To exchange levels and markers between traders working in different terminals.

It takes too long to do it manually, + transferring vertical lines if broker's server time is different.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Типы объектов
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Типы объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Типы объектов - Документация по MQL5
Reason: