Exp4 Tester PAD for Strategy Tester
The utility allows you to manually test your strategies in the strategy tester. One-click trading on the visualization chart.
Convenient and complete functionality for testing trading skills is now available in the strategy tester as well.
Warning: This panel is for the strategy tester!
Find the detailed description of the manual tester in our blog
Combining the beauty of our universal panel for EAs EAPADPRO and the power of our VirtualTradePad trading utility, we have created the product Exp - Tester PAD to test your strategies in the MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 strategy testers.
The manual simulator for the Strategy Tester is a utility for testing indicators and trading skills in the strategy tester in the visualization mode in the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 platforms.
The market is closed? No problem! Trade in the tester!
- Dear friends and users of our EAs, please add your ratings in the Reviews section.
- All updates to our forex software are free!
- Developer of forex tools: Expforex
- This is a free trading utility!
To use this panel, enable the strategy tester mode in your terminal. Visualization Mode.
General concepts: The EA reacts to pressing the buttons only when a tick arrives. Choosing the quotation speed, keep in mind that the EA responds to the button pressings only after a new tick appears on the screen.
Since it is impossible to use the input field in the strategy tester, you can adjust the numerical levels using + and - buttons.
The panel contains two trading tabs: Positions and Orders.
- Reverse - reverse the current positions. If there are several positions, the EA reverses all of them changing their type. Buy >> Sell and Sell >> Buy. Stop loss and take profit are set as well.
- Lock - lock the current positions. If there are several positions, the EA calculates the lot for locking and opens a position that locks all other positions. Stop loss and take profit are set to 0.
- TrailingStop - track a position using a trailing stop. A trailing stop is enabled only if TrailingStop exceeds 0. In TrailingStop, you set the trailing stop activation distance.
- Sell - sell.
- Buy - buy.
- Lots - lot size. Lot step depends on the contract specification.
- Close Sell - close all sell positions.
- Close Buy - close all buy positions.
- Close All - close all positions.
- Stoploss - stop loss in points. 0 - not used. Increase step is equal to 10 pips on 5-digit quotes for more convenience.
- TakeProfit - take profit in points. 0 - not used. Increase step is equal to 10 pips on 5-digit quotes for more convenience.
- Modify - button for immediate modification of the current stop loss and take profit values at all positions.
- Sell STOP\LIMIT - sell.
- Buy STOP\LIMIT - buy.
- Delete Sell STOP\LIMIT - close all SELL STOP\LIMIT orders.
- Delete Buy STOP\LIMIT - close all BUY STOP\LIMIT orders.
- Grid - number of pending orders within a grid.
- Distance - distance from the current price to a pending order. Order placement level and a distance between the order grid.
Loading indicators to the strategy tester
You can also load your indicators and a trading template into the strategy tester.
In MetaTrader 4, this is done directly on the visualization chart. In the normal mode, you transfer the necessary indicators from the Navigator to the tester graph.
In MetaTrader 5, this is done differently:
- Open a standard chart
- Launch all necessary indicators and configure them
- Right-click on the chart with launched indicators - Templates - Save Templates
- In the strategy tester, go to Charts - Templates - Load Templates in the upper menu of the visualization graph
When loading the template, the EA does not receive a re-initialization command (only in the strategy tester).
In the drawing function, added a line to force-reload the entire panel on the chart.
- Fixed errors.