US Dollar Index DX
US Dollar Index (USDX) is an index (or measure) of US dollar value comparing to a basket of foreign currencies.
It is a weighted geometrical average of the dollar value calculated as a share of each currency in the basket:
- Euro (EUR), 57,6% share
- Japanese Yen (JPY), 13,6% share
- Pound sterling (GBP), 11,9% share
- Canadian Dollar (CAD), 9,1% share
- Swedish krona (SEK), 4,2% share
- Swiss Franc (CHF), 3,6% share
USDX goes up when the US dollar is gaining "strength" (value) comparing to other currencies.
The indicator has one parameter Bars for Calculations. It sets the number of bars for calculation of the indicator (default value is 500).
When launching, the indicator will need some time to prepare data for all symbols in the currency basket.