XO_Method REVISED

AS FROM MARCH 1st, 2009 I HAVE CHANGED THIS ORIGINAL METHOD SIGNIFICANTLY AND I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO THERE FIRST - IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND SHOULD GET YOU "UP TO SPEED" SOONER.

THE NEW THREAD IS CALLED......."ValeoFX's Trading Method".

============================================================================

This is the first Post for the REVISED_XO_Method as too many people have asked for a summary and just the latest information displayed.

I am satisfied that this is what the latest method is all about and you may now proceed to post your queries (and I hope not too many otherwise I have not done a good job at summarising) and or comments.

NewDigital once again very kindly allowed me to start a second Thread in order to get traders “up-to-speed” within the first POST. My sincerest thanks to him for all the hard work he is putting into the Forum.

LATEST UPDATED and Dated versions will contain a Template with latest date displayed - thanks "European" for the suggestion.

Firstly, I am indebted to Sharipov Ainur who wrote this incredible Oscillator. Secondly, to adoleh2000 for converting it to MT4 format and lastly to the originator of the "Multiple Time Frame idea" namely Kerris2112.(MTF) – the development of the #MTF-method, is a blessing and something I have been wanting for more than 2 years. Be blessed all of you, especially Kerris who made this come true.

I am further indebted to the following people who continue to assist in developing this method, without you it could not have been possible: ShadowWiz; HoggZilla and VideoJ(VideoJ in particular who incidentally, is responsible for the ZZ_4_TF_XO); Hellkas; Elihayun; Raff; Kalenzo and Perky. Since Jan 2007, my friend and fellow trader Gerhard a ka DayTrader- without you there would have been no development and I am extremely grateful for your friendship, support and dedicated research without questioning. Also, your input is highly rated and appreciated. As of late, Mladen came to my rescue with his brilliant work and produced a stable version of the 4TF_XO, which you can find on Page 29 in #Post 287. Please forgive me if I have missed out on anyone else, but kindly bring it to my attention. And as of April 2008, Suk1000k very kindly put the latest method into pdf-format and for that I am indebted to you too. Long may our relationship last in producing the goods.

A special thank you to those of you who relentlessly tested and tested again like Money-Line; PipTrip; and Mart_Hart who suggested the 34-CCI and even longer!!!; Creative; et_PhoneHome2. Lately, there is BigJoe who has been an inspiration as he believes as much as I do, that we have a winner. Thank you Joe.And then of course to all who shot it down initially for you made me aware of where the short-comings were. Without your support it may have taken much longer and for that I am very grateful.

Wishing you success, always.

Non lagging juice to help with entry

Hi Valeo,

I have a suggestion that in my opinion would allow high confidence entries to this great system. I propose to add a non-lagging juice to help is enter with market momentum on our sides. When all the other parameters match up according to your rules and there is strong juice we can enter with high confidence.

Could you please check this out, and if other forum members could possibly post a non-laging juice indicator or something similar and we can trial this suggestion. Currently the juice indicator lags, and thus would not be useful.

Thanks to all who have inputed to this great system.

regards,

Trader

traderandreas:
Hi Valeo,

I have a suggestion that in my opinion would allow high confidence entries to this great system. I propose to add a non-lagging juice to help is enter with market momentum on our sides. When all the other parameters match up according to your rules and there is strong juice we can enter with high confidence.

Could you please check this out, and if other forum members could possibly post a non-laging juice indicator or something similar and we can trial this suggestion. Currently the juice indicator lags, and thus would not be useful.

Thanks to all who have inputed to this great system.

regards,

Trader

Hi Trader, thanks for the suggestion, but I tested Juice as Perky gave it to me after it was created the first time. My testing showed that it did not add any value to the way I trade and therefore I stopped using it.

I take note of what you are saying and I suggest that Perky himself has a look at his creation and see if it could improve this method. So, Perky please any comments??

Secondly, why don't you use the latest Juice and see whether it does in fact assist and post an entry here so that we all can see?

I am testing another 2 options, one of which is superior at this stage and as I mentioned before, I will post my results by month end. If it does not meet my criteria, I reserve the right NOT to say which oscillators I tested as they are both excellent by nature and do not wish to "rubbish" them in the way that I am testing them. I have seen far too many people "rubbishing" indicators and methods alike, knowing full well that they are not a trader's back-side but some people do look for excuses NOT to try something for themselves.

So, I look forward to hearing from you and our mutual friend, Perky.

Best wishes.

Juice

Hi Valeo,

Thankyou for your comments, I have tested the latest juice but it still lags. Quite often your parameters align, but owing to poor market momentum, the entries are less than desirable. It would be ideal to get perky involved on this matter. I believe entering when there is good market momentum is the key.

Any suggestions from anyone else?

thanks,

Trader

I must agree with ValeoFX, I too have tried using juice and I found that you will indeed miss too many trades. The indicators which is currently used with this system is more than enough. If someone needs an assurance of confidence when to go in a trade, I can only suggest that one trades during the start of the Asian/European and European/US session since that is where you will see most of the moves.

RSI_update.........

I am just waiting for ShadowWz before I will update the RSI entry - please keep an eye out for this update as it will enhance your strike-rate considerably.

Best wishes.

Approximately how many signals per week/month are you getting with this method?

And to your knowledge, do any of the indicators repaint the past? (just so I know while I'm backtesting)

Thanks again for all your work!

Hello Valeofx , what a long topic ... but wont be too boring to read it . just get read to 20% . I have to said these is the nices topic all I came a cross . Seems like you realy know what you are doing and have the responsiblity to your topic and to fellow trader . Do you realy trade these system ?

libertao:
Approximately how many signals per week/month are you getting with this method?

And to your knowledge, do any of the indicators repaint the past? (just so I know while I'm backtesting)

Thanks again for all your work!

You should get a minimum of 2 - 3 tradeable signals depending on the day. Please read carefully what I said about the fact that the 5M_chart should not be switched between 5m and any other TF for that matter as all MTF_indicators will "repaint" (not correct word imho) the longer TF. However, if you keep the 5m open all day, the signals are there for you to look back at the end of the day.

You may check them back as the other indicators and oscillators do NOT repaint in any way. The entries are there for you to see.

Best wishes.

Akira:
Hello Valeofx , what a long topic ... but wont be too boring to read it . just get read to 20% . I have to said these is the nices topic all I came a cross . Seems like you realy know what you are doing and have the responsiblity to your topic and to fellow trader . Do you realy trade these system ?

I hope you are THE Akira and if you are, I am honoured to have you aboard.

How long is a piece of string my friend? When you start reading a book, do you look at the last page first? LOL. Well, the time spent reading what I had to say will be made up for in no time, just a little patience and you should know what I am talking about.

Do I realy trade this sytem?????? Are you being serious??? Why should I develop something and not trade it? Yes, I have done so from 6 weeks before I posted the first Thread and the development was awesome thanks to many people here, especially those I mentioned in my 2nd posting. Without them it would not have been possible and without people trading / testing it, neither. So not only do I keep myself on my toes, but everyone else keep me on my toes and I WANT to and enjoy being kept on my toes for everone's sake.

Best wishes and any thing else you need, just let me know.

My other friend Pip_Trip who took a large amount of work off my hands by replying to questions, seems to have disappeared, so I will check more regularly for any requests.

I think maybe this is proper tread to ask about XO method or XO indicator. I found this indicator but i cant find any comment about it. Anyone had used it. Its repaint like fisher???

Reason: