XO_Method REVISED - page 88

pug124:
Hallo ValeoFX! Please tell me how to avoid these trades. Thank you in advance as always!

Well, firstly let me say that the market was sideways most of the morning and therefore it needs to make a clean break out before one attempts to trade it. I for one tried 4 times (+1 / +14 / +5 and +38) starting with a short followed by 3 consecutive Longs, before the final short which generated +243 pips.

So my advice to you is, stay out of such low volume / volatility trades until it breaks out.

Also, notice how close the 100-EMA was to the price? When it breaks out like the first one you marked @ 11h15 the Williams' on M5 was clearly way too "HOT" so I gave the next candle the opportunity to show me whether the trade was in fact on or not.

Next entries marked:..........the price stayed between the 8-EMA (60M) Low and the 100-EMA. Why would you want to consider tarding it?

Secondly, when you hit days like this morning, switch to the M-15 TF. That will help you and that is how I made my +38 pips Long.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Big Joe:
Hi ya Valeo !

Enormous day

Do you realize that this crisis will be write in history books ! AWESOME ! And we see with our yeyes, UNBELIEVABLE !

A nice short on the cable, and a bad long on the GY ( - 35 pips) and a very nice short on the GY.

That's it, we can't make 100 % positive with none system.

But the result are beautifull anyway, look at that, the cable is very smoth

Great thanks again Valeo

Thanks Joe. Would you mind telling me why the GY "bombed out"? Surely the entry could not have been so bad?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
Thanks Joe. Would you mind telling me why the GY "bombed out"? Surely the entry could not have been so bad?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes.

After analyse, the entry was correct, cci, wpr, etc, all were up.

But the responsible is GREED

That move go to + 40 pips, but

Here is a zoom, on 5 minutes, look the first red vertical

The greedy man

Files:
new_zoom.jpg  121 kb

Files:

You are true, a good coffee, nothing better : http://www.nespresso.com/precom/n_limited_fr_en.html

Talking about crisis, he he not for everybody well done Valeo

cable + 158

GY + 278

Valeo, i want to ask you, about your stop loss ? Where do you put it ?

Files:
new_valeo_9.jpg  149 kb
new_valeo_10.jpg  131 kb

Big Joe:
After analyse, the entry was correct, cci, wpr, etc, all were up.

But the responsible is GREED

That move go to + 40 pips, but

Here is a zoom, on 5 minutes, look the first red vertical

The greedy man

No, I don't think this has much to do with being greedy, my friend. I would NOT have traded where you did for 2 main reasons:

1. The 100-EMA was too close.

2. The CCi-setup were borderline overheated (are you using the #CCI_Alert_5-Silent on your candles? It has saved my bacon many a time.

3. Check where the Williams' was - overheated and now pointing down for a retrace. Had you waited 1 more candle, you would have had a better price and the chances of a neg. trade negated.

Nevertheless, you did very well yesterday and today but I like to learn from my mistakes and therefore I asked about your neg. trade.

Best wishes.

pug124:
Hallo ValeoFX! Please tell me how to avoid these trades. Thank you in advance as always!

Hi Pug124,

Would you mind commenting on my "comments" regarding your questions here? Do you agree or better still, do you see what I am referring to?

Best wishes.

Just a monthly chart of gbpjpy.

Just to remind the bigger picture.

Doesn't seems to beautifull

Edit : note the rebound on the trendline, not the indicator (just heiken ashi)

Files:
weekly.jpg  100 kb

I got the UP I got the UP

Monstruous pips again

WPR + CCI = AWESOME

At first, i was totally against MTF , because of repainting, BUT if we wait the close of the 30 minutes bar, there is no problem, ((2 bars) M15 to M30 )

You know Valeo, for the gbpjpy, i just put the same template as for the gbpusd.

All in 15 minutes.

My friend, time to buy another screen

Edit : Ok for the stop, on the 15 Ma. (Thanks)

Files:
new_1.jpg  140 kb
new_2.jpg  151 kb
Reason: