XO_Method REVISED - page 94

ValeoFX:

Thanks ValeoFX; I have my chart set up according to your instructons.

Why would you use 93 which is 7 pips from the top (100) compared to 5 which is only 5 pips from the bottom(0)? Why 2 pips difference between them?

Thank you! I appreciate your teaching...

Steve

Steve, I have found that in a short, the indicator will go lower than in a long and that is pretty consistant with what we see in a trade where the shorts are quicker and "deeper" than the longs.

Just keep your eyes on it and do some homework by back-testing it. I made special tools for the research so that it sped up my research.

Best wishes.

Thank you ValeoFX; very interesting; You've been researching for several years so I will defer to your wisdom. Proud to be here with you.

Steve

ValeoFX:
Hi Teodosy, I am in the process of developing an M-1 method - so far so good. Will be posting it by week end.

I will try your suggestion regarding this STLM2 indicator although you don't explain much about settings and how you read it. I will try nevertheless.

Best wishes.

sorry abt that i use standart setting the deal is .. when i enter a trade let say we are in long and we follow green bars of STLM2 and when then we see red bar this is our exit i saw that when we have big move i mean some big spikes if we are in a trend and let say we are 50 pip ahead better to exit this works pretty good on regular market with standart movement sorry abt my explanation if could help more i`ll be more than happy i try now pretty good method on 1 min chart if you are interest i could show it to you and we could make some combo of both systems if not no prob ;] just really wanna help ;]

ValeoFX:
Hi Teodosy, I am in the process of developing an M-1 method - so far so good. Will be posting it by week end.

I will try your suggestion regarding this STLM2 indicator although you don't explain much about settings and how you read it. I will try nevertheless.

Best wishes.

Hi and sorry abt my foolishness i use STLM2 with standart settings i use it only for exit let say we are in up trend and we are long ... so we fallow green bars of the indicator no matter where are they above or below 0 line when we have red bar this is our exit.Also i work on a 1 min system that looks promesing if you want we could work together to make one combo and if we could to make best one yet i`ll be more than happy to work with you!

teodosy87:
sorry abt that i use standart setting the deal is .. when i enter a trade let say we are in long and we follow green bars of STLM2 and when then we see red bar this is our exit i saw that when we have big move i mean some big spikes if we are in a trend and let say we are 50 pip ahead better to exit this works pretty good on regular market with standart movement sorry abt my explanation if could help more i`ll be more than happy i try now pretty good method on 1 min chart if you are interest i could show it to you and we could make some combo of both systems if not no prob ;] just really wanna help ;]

Thanks for this reply, but from what I see this far, I have my doubts. But I will reserve judgement until Friday when I will comment on this indicator and your suggestion.

You can show me your M-1 set-up but please NOT in this Thread as it may be confused with something that I am busy doing and it is not. I suggest you open a Thread under the heading "M-1 Trading Method" and we all can evaluate it.

Sincerely.

I see but also this is not my method i just try to make it better do not want to post method that is not mine it wont be fair ...;] send me a pm i`ll explain all ...;]

A M1 method !

Super !

Scalping , scalping, scalping !

Question

This is more a question than a statement. Are these 4 valid 5m trades long marked with green dashed line?

The next chart is the 1h chart marking long trends with green and a short trend with red. The red line says I should be trading down yet I did well trading this area long so I feel I have more to learn....

Thanks for helping me solve this puzzle,

Steve

Files:
10.28_5m.gif  92 kb
10.28_1h.gif  79 kb

stevewide:
This is more a question than a statement. Are these 4 valid 5m trades long marked with green dashed line?

The next chart is the 1h chart marking long trends with green and a short trend with red. The red line says I should be trading down yet I did well trading this area long so I feel I have more to learn....

Thanks for helping me solve this puzzle,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Answer to your first question about the M5 entries are "YES" they are correct and you would have made money without a loss.

Secondly, If you were trading the H1-TF and decided to short the hourly candle, you would have been burnt. Simple as that. BUT if you were inside that candle on M5, you would have made money. Does that make sense?

Do not wait for the H1 candle to close before you trade - that is why we are using the M5 (M15 for Big Joe) to see what is happening inside the H-1 candle. Hope that makes sense.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
Hi Steve,

Answer to your first question about the M5 entries are "YES" they are correct and you would have made money without a loss.

Secondly, If you were trading the H1-TF and decided to short the hourly candle, you would have been burnt. Simple as that. BUT if you were inside that candle on M5, you would have made money. Does that make sense?

Do not wait for the H1 candle to close before you trade - that is why we are using the M5 (M15 for Big Joe) to see what is happening inside the H-1 candle. Hope that makes sense.

Best wishes.

Hi Valeo,

I can see quite clearly that the 4th signal was great, everything lined up. Still trying to understand why no.3 would be a signal to take, as in the cci window, the 5 is still below 0 ( altho' beginning to point up), and the white cci line is also below. Also, the green is below red in the ma-wpr window.

From what I can see, if all signals line up, the trades are phenomenal!!!

Your insight on this trade would be appreciated.

BTW, can't wait for your 1 min system. That'll be genius as well!

Regards

Pardy

Reason: