At a loss for words.......

ace:
hello ValeoFX, thanks for all your work -- and others -- with the XO_Method

my problem: installed the indicators and ZZ 4 TF XO displayed correctly, but

the next time I started MT and opened a new chart, that indicator wouldn't

display, although a window did appear below the chart; tried a new install of

the indicator but nothing

would you please tell me what the problem might be and how to solve it. tia

Ace, I am also stunned. Is the "driver" plain XO loaded? It should be otherwise it would not have loaded in the first place. However, please chack it out again and let me know. Otherwise PM me with the list of indicators that you have loaded so that I can make a quick decision as to what may have gone wrong.

Best wishes.

aah-HAAAAAA !!!

thank you ValeoFX for responding so quickly and fixing my problem

I've been trying a lot of indicators and realize now I should have been writing

down my testing results then emptying the indicators folder before moving

onto another test; instead I was keeping some indicators and deleting others

in an attempt to limit the quantity of indicators in the folder, which is why the

XO indicator was deleted without my knowing it's purpose

this has also made me realize the value of templates which I've never used

before -- keep ALL the indicators in the indicator folder and create templates

with the desired indicators

Suggestion to Ace.........

Ace, what I do is to go to Profiles in MT4 where I delete all the profiles except the Default one. The Templates that you have on the MT4, will all sit here. I suggest you also copy them and keep them seperate in case you need to reload MT4 you can just copy and paste them back in again and the new MT4 opens up with your last Templates.

Glad you sorted your problem.

Best wishes.

thanks for the 'save' advice ValeoFX, will do the same for Indicators

Rsi

ValeoFX - We all sincerely appreciate your research on the CCI and RSI. Work like this serves to increase our confidence with XO entrys. Please keep up the excellent work. The November issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities contains a very nice article; "Does The RSI Give You An Edge" that discusses period length. I am sending a copy to you via PM.

Best regards,

Joe SDF

Hi ValeoFX

is it possible to place the standard MT4 Stochastic indicator on top of the

ZZ 4 TF XO indicator, if so, how ?

Joe SDF:
ValeoFX - We all sincerely appreciate your research on the CCI and RSI. Work like this serves to increase our confidence with XO entrys. Please keep up the excellent work. The November issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities contains a very nice article; "Does The RSI Give You An Edge" that discusses period length. I am sending a copy to you via PM.

Best regards,

Joe SDF

Thank you very much for your kind words, Joe. I do appreciate it very much. Also a great thank you for the article by Larry Connors & Ashton Dorkins. This made me sit up and guess what, if you put the RSI-2 in the window first and you then put an RSI-5 over it, you will have one of THE most impressive combinations that I have personally seen. Especially on the H1, H4 and Day charts.

These 2 gentlemen gets mentioned in my 2nd Post of this Thread and I am really in debted to them for making their research available to us all.

Once you have tried their recommendations out, you will NOT look back. Just go and see how effective it is.

Best wishes.

ace:
Hi ValeoFX

is it possible to place the standard MT4 Stochastic indicator on top of the

ZZ 4 TF XO indicator, if so, how ?

Hi Ace,

Yes of course it is possible. Just drag the indicator across from the Custom Indicators and drop it in on top of the XO. I also do that to save space. If you have a problem, let me know again, but I don't want to teach you how to suck eggs.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX, know how to suck eggs, just can't figure out

the drag and drop

"Just drag the indicator across from the Custom Indicators

and drop it in on top of the XO."

XO and Stochastic indicators are on the chart each in

their own window

none of the indicators in Menu/Indicators/Custom will

drag and drop, the Stochastic is the first in the list in

Menu/Indicators and doesn't drag and drop either

? ? ? ? ?

ace:
ValeoFX, know how to suck eggs, just can't figure out

the drag and drop

"Just drag the indicator across from the Custom Indicators

and drop it in on top of the XO."

XO and Stochastic indicators are on the chart each in

their own window

none of the indicators in Menu/Indicators/Custom will

drag and drop, the Stochastic is the first in the list in

Menu/Indicators and doesn't drag and drop either

? ? ? ? ?

Ace, lets try it this way:

First put the XO-4TF into the first window below the candles (it should be there anyway if you use my Template)

Now go to the Stochastic indicator you wish to put on top of the XO. Highlite it by left-clicking the indicator and hold it down - move the cursoor to the right and you will see a little "envelope-like" object appearing at the tip of your cursor - now you know that it is following your cursor. Once you get your cursor over the XO-window, jusr let go of the mouse and the Stochastic window will open up in front of your eyes. Do whatever you wish to do to the Stochastic and close it. The Stochastic will now appear on top of the XO. It is really THAT simple.

Sorry, I cannot be of any more help.

Best wishes.

Reason: