XO_Method REVISED - page 24

"Arrow" underneath current candle........

tredd:
The blue arrow is under the current candle.

The chart was open for probably 3 hours. The one thing that I noticed which is kinda wierd, is that if I open up a chart, the XO's will be totally incorrect. If I reapply the template then they will fix themselves, and be correct. How long do the charts have to be open for it to calculate correctly? Why would opening the chart yesterday have any effect on the current readings?

Thanks

Tim

Tim, I am sorry for having missed the "arrow" - that is part of the Murrey Math indicator's calculation routine. You do not have to ever worry about it.

Best wishes.

Updated Template with indicators.......

I attach here a screen-print of the latest Template of the XO-5m method for your convenience.

Also the Template and 3 indicators that Dimitry and my friend DayTrader very kindly constructed for me. Two of these indicators are for convenience sake and has assisted me very much. Some of you have tried them out with me and I had no complaints from anyone.

So, here is what you need to do, before I place them onto the first Thread and the description "disappears" among the rest of the instructions:

1. Replace the excisting DoublecciWoody set for the current M5 TF, with the Z_MTF_DoublecciWoody set @ 60m and 13/5 (Default). We only trade whne this indicator tells us the direction!!

2. Pull a normal CCI-5 over the first one so that you can see when the M5 TF is overheating.

3. Add both the CCI-5 and CCI-13 Alerts to your TF so that you can visualise on the candles when the overheating occurs.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask please.

Best wishes.

Valeo, may I ask - from what I can see, this method seems very mechanical, so in essence, it should be possible to code an EA for it. Although I appreciate it's rather a daunting task, because there are so many variables.

Anyway, just wondering, have you ever given this any thought? I would be happy to help in the funding of the development costs. Your methods looks very sound.

Keep it up dude.

forexmoments:
Valeo, may I ask - from what I can see, this method seems very mechanical, so in essence, it should be possible to code an EA for it. Although I appreciate it's rather a daunting task, because there are so many variables.

Anyway, just wondering, have you ever given this any thought? I would be happy to help in the funding of the development costs. Your methods looks very sound.

Keep it up dude.

Thank you for your kind words fxmoments, I do appreciate it very much.

To tell you the truth, I was well on the way to developing a workable EA, when the developer ran off and sold it on e-Bay before it was completed, much to my disgust to say the least and I warned everyone on the Forum about what happened.

Since then I found another great coder, but we just were not able to get it to work the way I want it to. All I am after is just the automatic entries - I can handle the exits very well. The last EA we tested did very well and was probably 80% better than the one sold by that unscrupulous biggot who ran off with the first attempt. BUT it was not good enough to offer it to anyone.

Sadly, this trader/coder is now leaving for another country and I am back to square one, so to speak. having said that, I have not stopped developing the idea and when he comes to visit I will try to get him to understand the proposed changes to the EA and hopefully we can be successful from there.

Thank you for the offer of funding, but I have now seen that one needs to be with the person who does the coding so that he can understand what you are thinking rather than writing waht you mean.

However, I will keep you posted on the developments. I have already another trader who very kindly offered that I could use his team to analyse the completed EA before releasing it.

Best wishes.

A Blessed Christmas to all...........

May the Christ of Christmas be real to you and your family tomorrow and may 2008 be a year of progress and peace.

Best wishes,

ValeoFX:
Thank you for your kind words fxmoments, I do appreciate it very much.

To tell you the truth, I was well on the way to developing a workable EA, when the developer ran off and sold it on e-Bay before it was completed, much to my disgust to say the least and I warned everyone on the Forum about what happened.

Since then I found another great coder, but we just were not able to get it to work the way I want it to. All I am after is just the automatic entries - I can handle the exits very well. The last EA we tested did very well and was probably 80% better than the one sold by that unscrupulous biggot who ran off with the first attempt. BUT it was not good enough to offer it to anyone.

Sadly, this trader/coder is now leaving for another country and I am back to square one, so to speak. having said that, I have not stopped developing the idea and when he comes to visit I will try to get him to understand the proposed changes to the EA and hopefully we can be successful from there.

Thank you for the offer of funding, but I have now seen that one needs to be with the person who does the coding so that he can understand what you are thinking rather than writing waht you mean.

However, I will keep you posted on the developments. I have already another trader who very kindly offered that I could use his team to analyse the completed EA before releasing it.

Best wishes.

That is an absolute disgrace, how a coder could do that. That is the problem with presenting your idea to a coder who you don't personally know.

As for the method itself, I will study it in more detail over the break, this XO indicator is very intruiging.

Thanks Valeo.

ValeoFX:
May the Christ of Christmas be real to you and your family tomorrow and may 2008 be a year of progress and peace. Best wishes,

Merry Christmas Herc!!!

1st Step

Hi Valeo,

Just suggestion, how bout an Entry EA for the 1st step?. Disable all the indicator alert, only alert when all indicator agreed.

Thx

Poocher:
Merry Christmas Herc!!!

Much appreciated, Poocher.

Hi, Valeo

I'm a french trader.

First, congratulations for your work, it's great !

I've a problem with the xo indicators which don't display.

It's possibly a missing driver file but I don't understand the reason because the 4 TF XO 2 and ZZ MTF XO 2 are in the indicator folder.

See the attach file with the two missing indicators.

Regards.

Madscalp.

Files:
image1.gif  27 kb
Reason: