XO_Method REVISED - page 89

EURUSD Trade

I just wanted to post a trade I took this morning as it was a little bit different. The difference was that I traded when the CCI5 overheated which as Valeo pointed out, is usually not a good decision. And don't get me wrong, I trade using the CCI and I agree that it's generally a bad idea to trade when the CCI overheats. So in order to trade when the CCI5 overheated, I looked for confirmations before entering the trade and I had 2 of them.

1. There was a pivot point right above the close of the candle where the CCI5 overheated. The price immediately broke that pivot in the next candle and this was a confirmation that the trade was simply going to continue.

2. I drew an elipse around four candles where the price topped out which makes it a good resistance point, so I waited for that price to be broken as well as confirmation.

I also listen closely to the news and at 9:00 AM EST, the US Fed announced they were going to purchase US commercial paper. This caused the yields on the commercial paper to fall and in the short-term, this has a similar affect to an interest rate cut and this could be considered another confirmation but not a technical one.

For the exit, there were a couple signals for exit:

1. The CCI5 overheats again.

2. Again the price topped out for 4 candles around the same price.

100 pips achieve

Hi , Valeo, I got 100 pips today ! Please see the following picture of my two entries !

for the first entry, I entered @ 1.7516 for long, and out @ 1.7578 for 62 pips !

for the second, I entered @ 1.7454 for long, and out @ 1.7559 for 105 pips !

I do not wait for the EMA-8 ! for me, 105 pips is very good !

your system are so good ! thanks again !

Files:
081008-1.gif  67 kb

Big Joe:
Just a monthly chart of gbpjpy.

Just to remind the bigger picture.

Doesn't seems to beautifull

Edit : note the rebound on the trendline, not the indicator (just heiken ashi)

Thank you for posting this chart. Question:.......are you saying that it has reached its bottom and that one could consider a turnaround ?

I found a very interesting article on Crosses of which I will send you by PM, the link. I think there is homework for us.

Hope you "creamed" it again this morning.

Best wishes.

Rig:
I just wanted to post a trade I took this morning as it was a little bit different. The difference was that I traded when the CCI5 overheated which as Valeo pointed out, is usually not a good decision. And don't get me wrong, I trade using the CCI and I agree that it's generally a bad idea to trade when the CCI overheats. So in order to trade when the CCI5 overheated, I looked for confirmations before entering the trade and I had 2 of them.

1. There was a pivot point right above the close of the candle where the CCI5 overheated. The price immediately broke that pivot in the next candle and this was a confirmation that the trade was simply going to continue.

2. I drew an elipse around four candles where the price topped out which makes it a good resistance point, so I waited for that price to be broken as well as confirmation.

I also listen closely to the news and at 9:00 AM EST, the US Fed announced they were going to purchase US commercial paper. This caused the yields on the commercial paper to fall and in the short-term, this has a similar affect to an interest rate cut and this could be considered another confirmation but not a technical one.

For the exit, there were a couple signals for exit:

1. The CCI5 overheats again.

2. Again the price topped out for 4 candles around the same price.

Again, my heartiest congratulations on a well executed trade Rig. Excellent reasoning.

I feel that once the Pivot was taken out as you highlited in the elipse, the entry is legitimate before the cross of the Pivot where you took the trade.

Secondly, if you keep an eye on what time that candle was, then I find that unless it is the closing candle for the 15-M, one can usually trade the overheating CCi-5. In your case you entered on the close of the first 5M-candle and there were 2 more left before the M-15 closed. Look at what happened when the 3rd candle closed (check the M-15 CCi-5 to see whether it overheated, plse)

Keep up the good work and please post - there are more people learning from us than meets the eye it seems.

Best wishes.

yevell:
Hi , Valeo, I got 100 pips today ! Please see the following picture of my two entries !

for the first entry, I entered @ 1.7516 for long, and out @ 1.7578 for 62 pips !

for the second, I entered @ 1.7454 for long, and out @ 1.7559 for 105 pips !

I do not wait for the EMA-8 ! for me, 105 pips is very good !

your system are so good ! thanks again !

What can I say?? Very well done Yevell, you and Rig are brilliant stars!!

Yes, I have always said that you do NOT need just the 8-EMA to exit any trade. One should be aware of other factors, which you are acutely aware of. Well done and please keep on Posting. We all learn from each other.

I notice you still stay with the CCi-setup for the M5 and not M15. Entries were outstanding using the current set-up.

Best wishes.

CCi-entry

Thought I might share this CCi-entry with you.

On my GMT-chart on the 09h20 candle, the MTF_CCi had broken through the zero-line and the Williams signalled as well as the M30-RSi. Perfect entry in a market that is still short. Also the SIGNAL are there.

Check each and every signal short for the last 3 Signals and see for yourself why this was the correct entry.

CCi-5 overheated immediately and you could have closed the trade for +70 pips, but I chose to stay in due to what happened in the markets this morning. (The BoE funded their Banks, hence the Long run which was broadcasted by Mr. Darling's Dept., that there will be funding at 09h00 this morning.)

The Aqua and Red Arrows are from FXBS and I am testing them to warn me when the CCi-5 and 15 crosses the zeroline on the MTF_CCi-M15. It may seem "messy", but it makes for entries like this one.

We need to have these announcements given a prominent place on our Forum. Maybe NewDigital could look at that for us as if he is not overloaded with work.

Best wishes.

Files:

ValeoFX:
Thank you for posting this chart. Question:.......are you saying that it has reached its bottom and that one could consider a turnaround ?

I found a very interesting article on Crosses of which I will send you by PM, the link. I think there is homework for us.

Hope you "creamed" it again this morning.

Best wishes.

No i'm not saying it finds its bottom.

With CRISIS we absolutely can't say. I just posted for the beauty of it.

To tell all Valeo, i never watch the long term figure, for me each day is a new day, and i don't whatch the past, but look our signals at the present time.

Yes this morning was great, hope you too, i will post the chart this evening, going to lunch.

hi guys where i can find the last template and the indicators?

thx

jtraderco:
hi guys where i can find the last template and the indicators? thx

Hi,

Withou any disrespect, won't you do yourself a favour and go to the first Post from where it will guide you to where to start reading. You will soon find what you are looking for.

If I can be of any help beyond that, just let me know. There are guys here that will also assist equally professionally if I am not around.

Best wishes and thank you for your enquiry.

need to learn

Hi ValeoFX!

I got better results with old xo-method:) Probably it is becouse I still must learn

a lot about trading..

Trade indicator "*" makes me angry when repaints couple of times

Anyway thank you for your work I'm still on plus for today

Reason: