XO_Method REVISED - page 63

"Double diamond" entry...

I got the double diamond below (there was a second signal two candles later). In actual fact my entry was three candles before when the RSI's gave short sig. Nice setup on all charts. I will be travelling tomorrow but trading whilst away in China for the Olympics. Anyone welcome to meet me there if they want to see Beijing. Thanks a lot Shaun for the above contributions and interesting thoughts/observations, welcome to the "trialogue", looking forward to studying them and hearing more from you.

Notes: 1) Below dynamic pivots 2) Repeat testing of pink pivot line 3) Selling action @ 13:45 4) Announcement showed bearish reaction 5) CCI was approaching to be zero line cross and turbo had a chance to bounce back off 165 to again lead CCI 5) below EMAs 6) Capped by EMAs on H1 and more importantly H4 on this occasion 7) Downward dir of W1 8) RSI's aligned

My 9 year old has expressed an interest in trading. I was teaching her about "probability" based on trend direction and momentum identifiers. It would be very interesting to create a large list of "critical factors" for example:

- below emas

- rsi 5 crossed

- rsi 15 crossed

- rsi H1 crossed

- RSI H4 crossed

- CCi M5 pattern

- CCI H1 pattern

- CCI H4 pattern

- XO H1 supports trade dir

- XO M5 (classic) turned

- XO H4 (classic) color

etc etc etc

And to work on probability of a successful trade given any number of the "critical factors" support the trade decision.

For example, for me, having 10/10 of the various indicators and signals lined up (including my own intuition) gives me a very, very high probability of making money on the trade (probably about 9/10 chance of making 10 pips or more from the trade).

Each indicator could be given a score to weight it's relative importance. The view being to make the system even more mechanical. For example if only 9/10 indicators signalling also gives 9/10 chance of making 10 pips or more it would mean more trading opportunities could be found. I really think that ValeoFX has laid a foundation for limitless possibilities with ehst is in place ove here at xo-method thread.

So as I was explaining to my daughter if I see 10 indicators lined up in a trading system with 10 indicators, whatever they are I can say no one really knows for sure what will happen next but probability may be on my side if I'm correct about what the indicators are suggestion. It's this faith in probability of a system giving the direction that I think is key to getting an huge edge in this market.

It is the dynamic of learning and growing as wsell as giving that seems to help provide the profits. So it's important to keep the view that the opportunities are also changing, dynamic and growth is always possible, in order to avoid stagnation of ideas.

Just my 2c.

Files:
entry-short.gif  25 kb

Great to see you Joe Picasso.

Glad you are feeling better.

I agree with your comment.

I feel it should be worked to somehow avoid "false entries" - not that I've taken any based on the diamond alone - but to the uniniated around here it could be seen as giving false signals. And it came to me in a moment of intuition that it could be very possible to tweak this baby so that it actually provides only the moves that run with the diamond...just not sure how right now.

It is amazing however and accurate I am finding in terms of what it is supposed to do.

suk1000k:
Great to see you Joe Picasso.

Glad you are feeling better.

I agree with your comment.

I feel it should be worked to somehow avoid "false entries" - not that I've taken any based on the diamond alone - but to the uniniated around here it could be seen as giving false signals. And it came to me in a moment of intuition that it could be very possible to tweak this baby so that it actually provides only the moves that run with the diamond...just not sure how right now.

It is amazing however and accurate I am finding in terms of what it is supposed to do.

Hi Suk !

I'm entirely agree with you, i think we can tweak this one a little bit. But our master did already a great job !

Next week, i will look at it all the days and i will be taking notes of what i will see.

I will post here my observations.

BUT : first we should take care of the small repainting problem

Have a nice day, and good olympic games

Big Joe:
Here i am friends.

Definitely back on wheels

Health is finally good

A little feedback : DIAMOND is IMPRESSIVE and FANTASTICABULOUS.

It's unbelievable.

Great thanks

Welcome back, Joe. Sorry to hear about your health not being so good. Trust it was just something minor.

Watch your e-mail for an explanation of the "tweaked" (read GTi-M5 ) Diamond.

There is nothing we can do about "re-adjustment!! It is MTF based, remember? It does NOT repaint at all.

Best wishes.

Suk...........

Wish you an enjoyable stay in Beijing, Suk.

Your private e-mail box seems to be either FULL or corrupted. My e-mail to you keep on coming back undelivered and I need you to look at the GTi-M5 too please.

Let me know a.s.a.p.

Best wishes.

A beautiful entry...

This system is increasing my confidence - indeed the free education at this thread alone is the key to a happy and successful career in forex I do believe. You don't get that in 3 years of hard graft at university spending $15k or more. I want to thank newdigital also for providing this forum and the amazing diligence put forward (considering there is no advertising these days for additional revenues). My entry below. I guess I should still be in trade (but I'm not) however even if you take 5 pips out of these trades at a time you will soon realise wealth is pretty much inevitable if you commit.

My entry was at 1.9727. In hindsight may be I was a bit hasty. Mind you I am always prepared to take a loss if I have to because I know I will make it back and more next trade pretty much guaranteed these days. However, the temperature rose considerably when got the confirmation on the M15 and M5 that the direction picked was right. Also H4 was set up for a break of the EMA. As soon as price closed above 1.9740 it was a sure thing due to 19 minutes left on H4 and a prior "hammer" candle. Pic included.

Notice also the awesome clue given by the H4 "RSI reject" - this is what really caused me to take the long when I did. So it was not premature actually. It was darn good thinking by me. Gonna give myself some credit now.

I've marked on H4:

1) Hammer candle

2) RSI reject

3) CCI cross (turbo already over)

4) Other thing I noted was RSI8/4 in window one, RSI4 was pointing up and we were looking at a potential cross of the 50 line with the RSI8 which also "gave the game away"

All I can say is WOW!

God bless.

Suk1000k (vacuum suck 1000ks out of the market)

PS correction my actual entry: 1.9731, 14:06:59 UK time; chart 15:06:59

Files:
m15.gif  22 kb
h4.gif  11 kb
my-entry.gif  16 kb

Hi Suk,

Me too i did well on the cable today : +35 pips

Can i ask you what settings do you use for your diamond, because as you see on the picture i have one more false entry than you :

This pic is on 15 minutes too.

Thanks !

Files:
diamond_suk.jpg  76 kb

I use the default setting, Joe, but it would seem that your false signal was from misreading of H4 - where RSI I believe stayed above on the long side.

"False signal"............

Hi Joe,

"False signal" my foot, my friend. If you want to trade this method, where are the essential CCi-setup below the candles?

..........the CCi-5 was ABOVE the zero-line and the CCi-15 was climbing back up. How could you have mistaken that for a short?

Clearly, you should have waited for the next candle to see what the CCi-5 was going to do?? It dipped below very briefly and not enough volume in the candle for you to want to trade short. (You should have consulted the H1 at this point). Next Diamond appeared 3 candles later and the trade was on.

I am just giving you this information off the M15 chart and I am totally ignoring the H1 and H4-charts for this excercise.

Hope with the new addition things will be better.

Best wishes.

H1 divergence for LONG this afternoon............

Watch this excellent divergence for a LONG @ opening of the 16h00 candle on H1. I marked the divergence for your attention.

Entry price @ 1.9741 and still in the trade if you follow the 8-EMA on M5 - otherwise exited at the close of the H1 candle due to overheating CCi-5 @ 1.9779 (+38 pips).

Best wishes.

Files:
Reason: