XO_Method REVISED - page 93

Hello all i`ve been reading this strategy quite some time and now i saw new system and wanna ask ok it works good but does it work only with these huge moves or it work good on quiet market where is the truth ;] also we could talk abt some filters for bad trades ...;] and some good setups for exit ;]

teodosy87:
Hello all i`ve been reading this strategy quite some time and now i saw new system and wanna ask ok it works good but does it work only with these huge moves or it work good on quiet market where is the truth ;] also we could talk abt some filters for bad trades ...;] and some good setups for exit ;]

So you are not happy with my suggested exits, Teodosy? Please let us hear what you can offer. We are always open to value being added to what we are trying to achive. Feel free to tell us what you feel we could do.

About the first question, this method has consistently given >40% in pips better than the original and at the moment it is making a "killing" - that is the beauty of this method.

I keep on reseraching for improvements without killing off this method, but if I find a better solution, I will kill it off.

Yourexpertise is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing your suggestions.

Best wishes.

Latest improved RSi-settings (??) for M5..

Hi guys,

I posted what I believed at the time to be an improvement on the RSi-set up, a littel higher up in #POST .......

Well, I now know that I jumped the gun a bit and after further research found the following improvements to be outstanding. I changed the RSi-14 for the RSi-4 (which we have been using when the RSi-2 crosses it), but with the same "channel" settings and for those who likes it "NOW" I will repeat the level settings again:

RSi-4 with levels (RED) @ 93; 56.5 / 43.5 / 5.

RSi-4-DOTS with levels in TEAL @ 76.4 / 23.6 / 45; 47; 49; 51; 53; 55.

The idea is not to trade when the RSi-4 is inside the "channel" and this morning's entry (my chart is GMT) @ close of 6h55 candle, was an excellent example of how accurate this could be.

Look at the following attempted "SHORTS" @ 3h25; 03h50; 04h20; 04h45 and 05h15 where we had a signal, but the RSi clearly indicated NO TRADE. (Naturally it corresponded with the deadly 15-EMA and in most places the 8-EMA would have kept you in anyway!!)

I would love to hear from you guys after you have loaded this set-up and checked it out back to at least yesterday's trade as it does not reset itself in any way.

Comments are always much appreciated - it is the deathly silence that I cannot handle.

Best wishes.

Files:

RSi vs Williams'PR

I wish to show you how effective it is to run both RSi and Williams'PercentRange (WPR), especially on the H-1 TF (or 30-M ) to indicate an early change in direction.

There are times when the RSi beats the WPR and then we follow the RSi, but when the RSi is totally "overheated" as you will see on this screen-print, that is the time when we look at the WPR and take our clues from there and start finding entries on the shorter TFs such as M5 and M15.

Please can we discuss this as a possible way of knowing when we can start looking for an overall change in direction. Tell me if you think I am barking up the wrong tree, please.

Best wishes.

Files:

QUOTE]

Should the "5." be 50 level? Is this an error? You know I'm a noob at this but want to get this set up right.

Thanks,

Steve

ValeoFX:

QUOTE]

Should the "5." be 50 level? Is this an error? You know I'm a noob at this but want to get this set up right.

Thanks,

Steve

No, it is correct. The levels are 93 for OverBought and 5 for OverSold. We are trying to create a "channel" and therefore the 50 is not necessary.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
So you are not happy with my suggested exits, Teodosy? Please let us hear what you can offer. We are always open to value being added to what we are trying to achive. Feel free to tell us what you feel we could do.

About the first question, this method has consistently given >40% in pips better than the original and at the moment it is making a "killing" - that is the beauty of this method.

I keep on reseraching for improvements without killing off this method, but if I find a better solution, I will kill it off.

Yourexpertise is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing your suggestions.

Best wishes.

Hello again i know that this system is 5 min but could i suggest using 1 min for eur/jpy i think that STML2 indicator is good exit most of the times it get you out in the best point it`s not good side is sometimes it get you out earlier in quite big trends ..... ;] i`ll post the indic but i`m sure that i downloaded from here ;]

Files:
stlm2.mq4  11 kb

stevewide:

No, it is correct. The levels are 93 for OverBought and 5 for OverSold. We are trying to create a "channel" and therefore the 50 is not necessary.

Best wishes.

Thanks ValeoFX; I have my chart set up according to your instructons.

Why would you use 93 which is 7 pips from the top (100) compared to 5 which is only 5 pips from the bottom(0)? Why 2 pips difference between them?

Thank you! I appreciate your teaching...

Steve

valeofx here ?

teodosy87:
Hello again i know that this system is 5 min but could i suggest using 1 min for eur/jpy i think that STML2 indicator is good exit most of the times it get you out in the best point it`s not good side is sometimes it get you out earlier in quite big trends ..... ;] i`ll post the indic but i`m sure that i downloaded from here ;]

Hi Teodosy, I am in the process of developing an M-1 method - so far so good. Will be posting it by week end.

I will try your suggestion regarding this STLM2 indicator although you don't explain much about settings and how you read it. I will try nevertheless.

Best wishes.

Reason: