XO_Method REVISED - page 72

suk1000k:
I could not resist sharing the following snap with you folks (see below).

What does the Chinese writing say?

forexmoments:
What does the Chinese writing say?

i believe the english translation is below the chinese symbols in the picture...i could be wrong though...

cl

Clahn is correct. The writing is below. It was a wonderful restaurant, highest quality of service, decor, experience and food in the world.

The writing says XO sauce is the Emperor of sauces. It's ingredients are expensive so it is compared to XO whatever that is (ValeoFX' trading system he shared with us it is to me) and it is aromatic and delicious. Hope that helps.

ValeoFX I sent you an email with the link to the latest word document of the pdf. To edit/amend it, simply edit or amend the word document. I don't consider it my property, it is my service to the thread. Clahn is correct. The writing is below. It was a wonderful restaurant, highest quality of service, decor, experience and food in the world.

Unfortunately, I do not have the latest word version with me though, but it is close to being the most updated.

A thought on the H8

I noticed a CT on the H8 as I try to put the picture together as to where we're headed. I'm thinking that MAY BE the Southward direction is a false and that the downside may be limited to 1.9850/40 from my short signal on opening charts at 1.9876. It is only a guess. This is because of the RSI2 horizontal trendline and the contracting triangle limits. However the signal is short to me - is that correct? CCI crossed thru, below EMA etc. I realise I'm "up early" and I won't be looking to trade until about 8am GMT as per the rules but I want to keep an open mind about the upside as well as downside, because the CCI and turbo on the H8 are both above -100, so could be a ZLR trade...waiting waiting waiting...

**edit** Just to say I took the short. I will be travelling tonight on the train to the Terracotta Warriors, but I will be trading again tomorrow. ValeoFX if you need to be in touch, please send any instructions/additions to me if you are having trouble adding them to the pdf document.

I attach another pdf document (could not attach - link to vendor is below), which I polished off in a 2 hour sitting, and also traded it today (it signalled the short and has not given an exit signal so far from the short). Indicator also attached from another thread, may be NewDigital can link to the threads about it.

**EDIT** looks like I could not upload it. You can buy it from here though by the looks from the original vendor. I tried to find a free link but to no avail.

Last but not least from me, suk1000k, is that I mentioned a stock trading book from the 60's that I can honestly say contains a life-changing amount of insight in to chart patterns and why they happen in terms of the actions of market participants. I would like to share this book and encourage people to order it. Fantastic primer on technical analysis and easy to apply to forex - you will love it. WILLIAM JILER - How Charts Can Help You In The Stock Market.

Other doc is attached along with indicator. It may be that ValeoFX you have tried and tested this, would be interested in your results with it...

Please excuse me for posting so much on this thread. I am finding it useful to post updates, trades and ideas. I hope others can find them useful and I will try to keep them down to one per day max. V. thrilled by the possibilities here.

Incidentally, I got out of the short at 1.9846 with an overheated CCI5. I did not take the long as I was watching this new hype I found (actually it is quite old I understand) about ICEW (Impulsive Corrective Elliot Wave??) but it looks as though that trade was not a winner as a short, stop out at 1.9877 from entry 1.9865 or so and now signalling long. I did not take the long earlier due to forward testing this "new" idea and travelling, but I wish everyone, Joe, Valeo, Clahn, et al great pips today. God bless and keep you well and in good faith.

Since I could not upload the document about the indicator I posted below it is very simply traded.

1) Indicator goes on M5 chart

2) Put RSI with 50 line on Daily chart. If above 50 confirms long, if below 50 confirms short

3) Entry/exit signalled by a 40 pip "wave" retracing in to the middle zone and then breaking out to either the topside zone or bottom side zone and a complete candle closing having a range only in that zone.

4) Recommends 50 pip hard stop and stop then follows a candle completing in the zone furthest from the direction being traded.

5) Read the book if you want to know about that system.

6) Sorry for going off topic - however I am interested as to whether this has been tested by participants on this thread.

Suk

Files:
h8-ch.gif  35 kb
small-short.gif  35 kb

Thanks Suk for your charts, very instructive !

Here ya :

Period Converter Optimized

Features :

1. Real-time updating or custom interval millisecond level updating.

2. Low CPU cost, average 5%-10% or less.

3. Works as an indicator, so can be saved and reloaded during restart.

4. There is no one converter per chart limitation as it is not script any more, you can only use one window as source to generate as many new timeframe chart

as possible.

5. Auto updating if there is new history block loaded

Period Converter Optimized - MQL4 Code Base

Hey Suk,

ICWR seems to be a zigzag with fibo on it.

Sorry but i don't like zigzag.

And remember, the valeo method is one of the best out here

Icwr

Joe, the ICWR is NOT ZigZag with Fibs. In fact you choose the number of pips to be displayed and according to the author, we should have 40 pips for M5 and 100 pips on H1 and higher TFs.

I have used this incredible indicator for many years (NB) and the "extension"-version is my creation with the kind help of my friend DayTrader. I also change the pip settings to suit a particular set-up as I want to see how far the trade retraces without having to draw my own Fiblevels afterwards. So mostly you will see me use 100 for M5 TF and some times I use 200 for H1. You should try it as it is extremely accurate to say the least and save you time to draw the Fibs.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
Joe, the ICWR is NOT ZigZag with Fibs. In fact you choose the number of pips to be displayed and according to the author, we should have 40 pips for M5 and 100 pips on H1 and higher TFs.

I have used this incredible indicator for many years (NB) and the "extension"-version is my creation with the kind help of my friend DayTrader. I also change the pip settings to suit a particular set-up as I want to see how far the trade retraces without having to draw my own Fiblevels afterwards. So mostly you will see me use 100 for M5 TF and some times I use 200 for H1. You should try it as it is extremely accurate to say the least and save you time to draw the Fibs.

Best wishes.

Ok SORRY

I need to study it, i think !

Thanks

Edit : if you have any documentation or links ...

This afternoon's entries..........

Here are my entries for this afternoon.

Please note the Fib-level @ 1.9892 which I have highlited with a Yellow Trendline for your convenience. The price kept on stopping against this level (b.t.w. that is the ICWR-ext.mq4 you see here).

My first Long attempt was @ 12h45 @ 1.9877 for + 6 pips although I was +16 and expecting MORE!!

Next Long was at 14h25 @ 1.9881 and I managed to get + 34 on that Long. I missed the short @ 15h45 for "personal" reasons (I was out LOL).

Finally, Long again @ 16h20 close @ 1.9904 and I am still in this trade (+24 )

See you in the morning when I will tell you how many pips I banked here, although it seems as if the trade could be closed at this point due to inactivity in the market.

Best wishes.

Here we go :

+ 50 pips and GU and nothing on GY

Valeo ? It is a 15 min graph ? Because my cci don't look the same as yours (same settings 34 /6 )

And can you upload the icwr-ext please, it seems i not got it

Thanks !

Files:
gu_280708.jpg  111 kb