XO_Method REVISED - page 35

I am not sure that the middle of the CCI is sidewinder or not (running along zero line). Would it add any confidence to have a chopzone in there as well? I include a version of Chopzone alongside a link to one of the "official" Woodies CCI interpretation books.

Without a doubt the CCI is the most valuable indicator of all (apart from understanding basic technical analysis) for me. But it takes some learning before it's quirks are fully understood, but there is so much valuable information on this one indicator - multiple entry signals, multiple exit signals, momentum analysis, trend analysis, all in one window. It's worth the study time for sure.

Explaination of sidewinder and chopzone are in the book I believe. Very basically (feel free to correct me here) a brown chopzone confirms a downward entry, an aqua chopzone confirms an upward entry. The sidewinder (green or red) simply confirms a directional bias either way. These are for use with particular patterns of the CCI explained in the book (for example a zero line cross I think).

The chopzone I have attached requires to be set beneath the CCI as runs in separate window.

CCI doc: http://www.successdir.com/CCI-instructions.pdf

Files:
chopzone2.ex4  5 kb

ValeoFX:
I was recently an invited guest at an Ophthalmological Congress and was intrigued by an article I picked up to read describing the "fovea centralis" and its role in the eye. So, like a good scholar, I went and looked it up at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fovea). What is most fascinating to me is the fact that I have always had a problem reading the scrolling news down at the bottom of the TV during News Times. Much to my surprise I now discovered why it is in fact NORMAL for us not to see that if we are focused on the news bulletin.

The article quotes from a group of researchers at Harvard University led by psychologist Barbara Flagg, who were expert in something called "eye movement photography". Eye movement research is based on the idea that the human eye is capable of focusing on only a very small area at one time- what is called a perceptual span. When we read, we are capable of taking in only about one key word and then four characters to the left and fifteen characters to the right at any one time. We jump from one of these chunks to another, pausing - or fixating on them long enough to make sense of each letter.

The reason we can focus clearly on only that much text is that most of the sensors in our eyes are clustered in a small region in the very middle of the retina, called the "fovea". (Wikipedia says................The foveal pit is not located exactly on the optical axis, but is displaced about 4 to 8 degrees temporal to it.) That is why we move our eyes when we read; we cannot pick up much information about the shape or the colour, or the structure of words unless we focus our fovea directly on them.

Is it surprising then that the people making TV-commercials are obsessed with eye tracking.

Long story short, we need to rearrange our screens in such a way that whatever is THE most important information to us, hits us straight in the eye.

Almost all eye movement research demonstrates, when it comes to TV, people tend to fixate on the centre of the screen.

Hence my moving the CCI to the very first window in my HOURLY chart as well as the M15 and M5. I need to see immediately what the CCI-5 is doing and I can assure you that it works. Ignore the RSIs sitting in window 1 on the H4 and H8 TFs. That I can explain in as much that it takes that much longer to occur and therefore I spent more time focusing on each and every indicator on the longer TFs.

See you in the next Post for details of the Hourly chart.

Are you an Optometrist Valeo?

forexmoments:
Are you an Optometrist Valeo?

, No I am a full-time forex-trader, but my wife is an Ophthalmological consultant for a Pharmaceutical company and has to attend these Congresses. They are a wonderful group of people, I may like to add.

ValeoFX thank you for the updates, I will work on further presentation of some of my ideas for the coming weeks. Looking forwards to the new 5 min chart.

I don't understand...are you suggesting we slide the chart shift over to the center of the screen? I apologize...I must go re-read your post as I was concentrating on the wrong input..

ES

ValeoFX:
, No I am a full-time forex-trader, but my wife is an Ophthalmological consultant for a Pharmaceutical company and has to attend these Congresses. They are a wonderful group of people, I may like to add.

ElectricSavant:
I don't understand...are you suggesting we slide the chart shift over to the center of the screen? I apologize...I must go re-read your post as I was concentrating on the wrong input.. ES

No, what it says is that we look at the MIDDLE of the TV screen involuntarily! Therefore, we will see those characters BEST in the middle of the screen. Therefore, the first window below the candles, will be seen better than any subsequent window, hence me putting the CCI-combination immediately below the candles as I take the CCI to be the best in preventing me from taking stupid entries.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Hi ES,

No, it is CCI to top of indicators windows as ValeoFX regards it (literally) as the most important indicator. Based on the amount of info the brain can take in through the eye, it is important to be able to see and interpret the most vital information as a priority. Therefore placing CCI at top of chart was deemed a good idea.

So eye level placement of products in the grocery store has several reasons...no? ES

ElectricSavant:
So eye level placement of products in the grocery store has several reasons...no? ES

I am unable to answer this one, but I guess that is also correct as it is at eye-level. The research I am referring to was very specific for TV and if you really want to know, it was research conducted into children's programs. Fascinating reading!!

Best.

Reason: