XO_Method REVISED - page 9

Hi, Valeo!

could you, plese, give a short description, summary of XO indicator (indicators), mentioned in Waddah_Attar_Explosion trhread ?

if possible - why XO, how its work, what it does, what it became with the system developement (just short, your take)

or please, give a link, i just lost in 1000 posts...

thank you

Akira:
ValeoFX it is an honoured to see you daveloping the system from a scrach till now ... it been clone ....... been sold ..... but you are still standing tall ...... LIKE A ROCK ..... you are one of the best man I have not seen for aloongtime ...... all the best .

Akira my friend, I am humbled by your generosity. All the best to you too, always.

fxbs:
Hi, Valeo!

could you, plese, give a short description, summary of XO indicator (indicators), mentioned in Waddah_Attar_Explosion trhread ?

if possible - why XO, how its work, what it does, what it became with the system developement (just short, your take)

or please, give a link, i just lost in 1000 posts...

thank you

Hi FXBS. Sorry to tell you that I could not find any detail on the XO either and whatever it was, was in Russian. I just tested this incredible indicator until everything was confirmed.

I still work on the MTF versions daily to get the best settings, but man, is this an accurate oscillator. The devoper must be a genious and I cannot get hold of him to tahnk him personally.

We all want accurate signals for entries and that is how I found the XO ans started comparing it to whatever I could lay my hands on.

Sorry to have to disappoint you, but you will have to wade through all the first Thread data when the MTF version appeard the first time thanks to Mart_Hart and his friend.

Best wishes.

Updated Thread...........

For those of you interested, I have updated Post #2 as well as the Zipped-file for your kind perusal and comment.

I trust that this update will take you a step closer to where you want to be. Thank you for using the XO_method.

I will be available for questions as usual.

Best wishes.

Thanks Valeo. Newer version is easier on the eyes.

One question. Since the Williams % is not in the template, do you mean it should be period 14?

BTW, this XO indicator is probably the best way to identify a trend. I have yet to find anything better. Would I use the same settings (240,6) at a 30M chart?

Thanks.

ssotiro:
Thanks Valeo. Newer version is easier on the eyes.

One question. Since the Williams % is not in the template, do you mean it should be period 14?

BTW, this XO indicator is probably the best way to identify a trend. I have yet to find anything better. Would I use the same settings (240,6) at a 30M chart?

Thanks.

Hi Ssotiro, thanks for the positive feed-back. Yes, I am sorry for not mentioning that, it stays on default @ 14.

As I use the XO setting of 6-KirPER even on my 4HR_chart, you can do so with confidence.

Best wishes.

Great. Thanks Valeo

100-EMA added...........

I have added the 100-EMA back onto the 5M_chart as I often find that the price will stop there or bounce before it comes back to break it before it either stops again (and sometimes bounce off) on the 156-EMA, which represents the 13-EMA on the Hourly chart.

Best wishes for success this week.

First Post

I have just finished reading all 114-pages and 1125-posts for both threads for the "X-O"-Method and found it to be a worthwhile effort. I am really impressed by 3 things; the professional and cooperative effort from so many serious traders, the patience and leadership from ValeoFX, and lastly the result of this evolutionary effort. Apparently a year ago ValeoFX saw the potential of "X-O" and understood that as good as it was it needed some filtering to improve entries. The core filtering indicators you have added puts this methodology squarely on the shoulders of some of the giants in modern technical analysis:

ASCTrend = Dr. John Wang

CCI = Donald Lambert / Ken Wood, "Woody"

RSI = J. Welles Wilder

Stochastics = George Lane

...and I must add the mysterious Sharipov Ainur to this illusterious group for his "X-O". This methodology appears to be accurate, stable and most importantly profitable. I believe that using MTF's should also make it robust through changing market conditions. I am just starting to use the method in realtime and look forward to making some contributions to the thread. I do have some ideas regarding MTF variances. Well done my electronic friends.

Joe SDF

Reason: