XO_Method REVISED - page 8

libertao:
Looking again at my post, I have to say it's equally possible that my entries could be the problem due to trading into resistance thus causing a whipsaw so I will equally have to look at that as well.

One other question: what purpose does the MA on the RSI have? Do you usually wait for a cross in your direction?

Thanks again

Yes, sometimes as soon as the XO_signals the trade and the MVAs cross the RSI, I will enter, but you will find that mostly when the mvas cross (dots) is when the entry is correct.

THE MOST important signal remains the XO, but I take everything else as confirmation.

Best wishes.

Updated Zipped file........

I have updated Post #2 with the latest Template as well.

Also, I have added the Heiken Ashi_kuskus for those of you who wants to replace the 55-EMA with this Heiken Ashi. Setting must obviously be 55.

Please let me know should there be anything that I have not covered.

Best wishes.

Whipsawed

Is this just bad luck or is there something that should have prevented me from making this trade? The pivot? The time of day?

Files:

ValeoFX,

Look forward to your update next weekend and to your continued generousity!

Bill Marsh

Los Angeles

RSI percentage

ValeoFX,

you have added RSI percentage to your method not long ago.

I should admit i haven't tried it yet. Do you find it useful? ( looks like it rarely goes below 15/above 85 level)

Thanks

euro

fxblade:
Valeo,

Great work!!!! I stumbled across this thread and was amazed. I’ve been waiting for indictors that are across multiple time frames. My normal trading is across multiple time frames, so this fits right in. I’ve been forward testing it for the last week, and it works great. Many Thanks!

Do you Trade at all on the multiple time frames for higher charts, such as the 4 hour?No, I do not, but I do look at the Daily and 4HR-charts ona daily and 4hrly basis, but with different indicators / oscillators.

If so, what indictors and settings?

I’ve attached another Woodies CCI indictor for you, this one has the LSMA for the center line. If red, price is below LSMA. If blue, price is above LSMA I noticed your woodies CCI was missing it. I don’t know if you follow woodies rules and use LSMA or not, I’m just trying to be helpful.

Also I’ve attached another CCI indictor I found useful made by FX sniper. It shows trends. Red above blue, bearish. Blue above red, bullish.

Hopefully I can contribute, if not at least I can help you test any new methods. I’m really interest in doing this system on higher time frame of 4 hour. Let me know if you need any help.

Again, many thanks for a great system ,

Blade

Hi Blade, sorry I am responding so late. Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

Yes, I have switched to Linuxser's CCI, but I left it to the traders to decide if they want to change - I don't believe in forcing my ideas down anyone's throat. Personally I do not like the second CCI you have posted, but that is my preference. I do know the LSMA very well and have traded with it for years - read the posts in the first Thread and you will see how I have applied it and now that Linuxser incorporated it into the CCI, even better.

I believe that I have improved the method significantly (yet again) and will post my findings next weekend. All I can say is that it improved the trading significantly and kept me out of stupid entries.

Please send me your private e-mail address via my PM.

Best wishes.

european:
ValeoFX,

you have added RSI percentage to your method not long ago.

I should admit i haven't tried it yet. Do you find it useful? ( looks like it rarely goes below 15/above 85 level)

Thanks

euro

Good morning my friend. Good to hear from you. Yes, I do find it useful if I trade it around the 50% line, in fact extremely useful. That was until I read a very interesting article about some people that have tested my idea of the 3_RSI and found that both the 3 and 4-RSI are better than the 14-RSI. As you have not traded the 14-RSI yet, leave it until the end of this week when I post the latest improvements and then try it this time as it is very, very good.

Best wishes.

Poocher:
ValeoFX,

Look forward to your update next weekend and to your continued generousity!

Bill Marsh

Los Angeles

Thanks Bill. Please send me your e-mail address to my PM.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
I hope you are THE Akira and if you are, I am honoured to have you aboard.

How long is a piece of string my friend? When you start reading a book, do you look at the last page first? LOL. Well, the time spent reading what I had to say will be made up for in no time, just a little patience and you should know what I am talking about.

Do I realy trade this sytem?????? Are you being serious??? Why should I develop something and not trade it? Yes, I have done so from 6 weeks before I posted the first Thread and the development was awesome thanks to many people here, especially those I mentioned in my 2nd posting. Without them it would not have been possible and without people trading / testing it, neither. So not only do I keep myself on my toes, but everyone else keep me on my toes and I WANT to and enjoy being kept on my toes for everone's sake.

Best wishes and any thing else you need, just let me know.

My other friend Pip_Trip who took a large amount of work off my hands by replying to questions, seems to have disappeared, so I will check more regularly for any requests.

ValeoFX it is an honoured to see you daveloping the system from a scrach till now ... it been clone ....... been sold ..... but you are still standing tall ...... LIKE A ROCK ..... you are one of the best man I have not seen for aloongtime ...... all the best .

Reason: