XO_Method REVISED - page 127

Hey Joe, that's not the answer to my question

But thanks for the link, i will throw an eye at it

Hi Big Joe,

Please read the info from this link : 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions - Windows Vista Help

Basically all 32-bit applications(like Metatrader) can run in 64-bit windows without any problem.

The main reason to migrate to 64-bit (based on my understanding) is that 64-bit OS allows a "64-bit capable" program to address a large amount of memory (>4G).

In 32-bit OS, the limitation is 4G.

dyeung

Big Joe:
Hey guys !!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR all !

Lots of BIG BOOBS, TIGHTS ASSES and BIG PIPS for this year

I need some help : so i am looking to buy a new computer, you know i want the new intel processor the new intel core i7, and i'm looking for alienware and i see this morning that the windows they deliver is 64 bit, oh theres only windows 64 bit so no 32 bits anymore.

So here is the question : 32 BITS OR 64 BITS ? What does it changes for us ? Metatrader, platform borkers, etc ?

Thanks !

Hi my friend,

Are you sure you spelled the 32 "BITS" and 64 "BITS" correctly?

Hope you had a wonderful holiday, but now it is back to making more money.

Best wishes.

dyeung:
Hi Big Joe,

Please read the info from this link : 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions - Windows Vista Help

Basically all 32-bit applications(like Metatrader) can run in 64-bit windows without any problem.

The main reason to migrate to 64-bit (based on my understanding) is that 64-bit OS allows a "64-bit capable" program to address a large amount of memory (>4G).

In 32-bit OS, the limitation is 4G.

dyeung

Hi Dyeung,

I am also looking at upgrading my "new" computer which was built 10 months ago, but I think it is "useless" as I cannot run more than 2 MT4s before it hangs. I was told not to get Vista. Any suggestions, please?

Also, what specs would you guys recommend for a PC that can do the job properly please?

Best wishes for LONG pockets and SHORT arms to you all.

Sans CCi for a while...

Pauluk:
Hi yevell,

A happy new year to you! Haven't seen you in chat this year!

I haven't got the cci on, am trading without it for a while. Reason being that I'm relying on the signals that are part of Valeo's system! The overheating cci -5 tells me when to get out or review the situation, as does the rsi -m30 and wpr.

The signal arrows plus the std entry bar, and rsi bars, and wpr and position of ma's give me the entries. I found that by looking at too many indis, it was keeping me out of trades - this makes it simpler for me!!

Thanks to Valeo and yourself. Be glad to hear comments.

As you can see, I'm also experimenting with the price channel stop indi.

regards

Pardy

Interesting comment regarding the CCi.................."for a while" (Hope the "while" will not drain your resources my friend). The CCi-5 on the charts shows perfect re-entries that you cannot see any other way and I will show you many examples of that. Also, the position towards overheating is crucial to see, hence my comments up front that I will never trade without it ever again. Personally I think you are a very brave man. I just hope that not too many Newbies follow you in this way of thinking?

I had the PriceChannelStop made by iGor as I was intrigued by it, but my application for it was very different from what it was intended for. In the end I realised that it was not adding any value to my trading and dropped it. Be interesting to hear your thoughts by month end.

Best wishes,

ValeoFX:
Hi Dyeung,

I am also looking at upgrading my "new" computer which was built 10 months ago, but I think it is "useless" as I cannot run more than 2 MT4s before it hangs. I was told not to get Vista. Any suggestions, please?

Also, what specs would you guys recommend for a PC that can do the job properly please?

No, you can run multiple MT4 instances in XP or Vista. Although I have not tried in 64-bit OS, but I don't think it'll be an issue. Windows XP is no longer sold by Microsoft therefore XP is not an option anymore if you buy new computer (unless you chose those low-performance mini laptop)

The trick to run multiple MT4 is that you install/create MT4 in different folders under "c:\Program Files\MetaTrader - xxx" and run them separately. A lot of memory is obviously required if you run multiple MT4. It's pretty easy to setup, if you have issues let me know.

Currently I'm running Vista on my Dell XPSM1330 laptop with 4G of memory. I have four MT4 instances running, two instances point to Interbank, one point to ODL, one point to Alpari, each instance monitors different currency pairs using the same Valeo templates. I think it's more handy and I can switch the screen faster, besides I can watch the spread from different brokers too and know if they have mark up/down the currency pair in news time.

The choice of computer is rather subjective. For trading I think you may need a fast CPU(Intel Core 2 Duo, or a quad-core CPU?), big screen and lots of memory. Personally I like to use laptop because it's portable and saves space.

My only advice is you need at least 4G memory to do anything useful in Windows Vista. (better to have 8G or 16G if you can, RAMs are very cheap today.)

If it's not urgent to upgrade, I suggest you buy a new PC until Windows 7 is available(very soon!) in the market.

dyeung

ValeoFX:
Hi Dyeung,

He ya Valeo !

Window XP

Core 2 duo processor

3 gigabit of ram (xp 32 bits don't support 4 gigas, that's it )

after like me i think you have a pc for gaming with all stuff wanted (radeon 4870, etc)

I'm a noob killer at america's army (a free war game)

The first july 2009, microsoft will give coupons to vista users in order to install windows seven.

That's for dyeung

Reason: