XO_Method REVISED - page 2

sorry forget to attach the indicator...

Files:
i_xo_a_h.mq4  3 kb

mrLoba:
sorry forget to attach the indicator...

Seeing that you call yourself "Mr.Loba, I should probably address you as "SIR"? right?

Well Sir, thank you for posting this indicator, I have not seen it ever and having looked at it now, do not wish to use it either unless you found something in it that I cannot?

If you have not already downloaded the indicators on page 1, I suggest you do and read the entire Post #2. If you still have any questions, please feel free to come back to me.

Wishing you well.

Hi Valeofx, just a nick name and it did not refer to anything. Does it make any different from others? You got sense of humor . Well i found that indicator from yahoo lightpatchs site, maybe we can make it usefull. But i cant find any tread which refer to it. Any comment from members?? Since your tread begin with XO so this indicator maybe belong to XO also ...

Hi Valeo,

I've been manually backtesting the system using the vHandsTrade indicator, and I've been impressed with what I've seen so far, I just have some follow-up questions from what I've read/seen so far:

Am I right in understanding that you trade both NY & London sessions, that being 13 or so hours a day on a 5 minute GBPUSD chart with no alert?

Do you only trade with the trend, specifically the 300-EMA?

Is there a specific method for using the various EMAs, MurreyMath and SDX-Pivot as Support/Resistances or do you just get a feel for them after trading the XO Method for a while?

Finally, my general impression has been that the method produces a majority of small gains/losses but every so often produces a nice big long gain which makes the system profitable. Is that an accurate assessment?

Thanks for all the great work you've put into this system

Hi Valeo and thank you for this (and the previous) system.

Until recently, I have been using the original version, although the revised was posted. I had gotten used to it.

Today I loaded the template I found in post#1. I was waiting for a short entry on GU, but did not enter because the 60M supertrend was not in place (it was in the middle).

I wanted to make it easier on my eyes and changed its colour. When it refreshed, it showed that for the last couple of bars, it had been at the bottom, which was not the case before the refresh. Have you noticed this, or am I doing something wrong?

If I see it again, I will post before and after screenshots for you to see exactly what I mean.

Thanks again

Nothing to worry about , this is typical of a MTF indicator.

Don’t forget it is working to a 1 hour bar and will not be complete until there are 12, 5 min bars in place. You are not supposed to refresh or change the time frame when using this type of indicators.

Mart

Thanks a lot mart-hart.

libertao:
Hi Valeo,

I've been manually backtesting the system using the vHandsTrade indicator, and I've been impressed with what I've seen so far, I just have some follow-up questions from what I've read/seen so far: Would you mind sending me this indicator so that I can see what you are seeing, please?

Am I right in understanding that you trade both NY & London sessions, that being 13 or so hours a day on a 5 minute GBPUSD chart with no alert? Yes, you are correct. i trade from 1 hour before London opens which is CET until 12h00 EST

Do you only trade with the trend, specifically the 300-EMA? Yes, I only trade with the trend.

Is there a specific method for using the various EMAs, MurreyMath and SDX-Pivot as Support/Resistances or do you just get a feel for them after trading the XO Method for a while? These MM and Pivot lines are obviously areas where the trade may stop, so therefore I need to see the potential dangerous pitfalls.

Finally, my general impression has been that the method produces a majority of small gains/losses but every so often produces a nice big long gain which makes the system profitable. Is that an accurate assessment? Once you get to understand the CCI in particular in relation to the trade, you will find no reason to make small losses - believe me. Get the hang of it and you will appreciate this method even more

Thanks for all the great work you've put into this system

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. I will reply inside your message in BLUE so to make it easier to understand.

Best wishes.

ssotiro:
Hi Valeo and thank you for this (and the previous) system.

Until recently, I have been using the original version, although the revised was posted. I had gotten used to it.

Today I loaded the template I found in post#1. I was waiting for a short entry on GU, but did not enter because the 60M supertrend was not in place (it was in the middle).

I wanted to make it easier on my eyes and changed its colour. When it refreshed, it showed that for the last couple of bars, it had been at the bottom, which was not the case before the refresh. Have you noticed this, or am I doing something wrong?

If I see it again, I will post before and after screenshots for you to see exactly what I mean.

Thanks again

One reasom why I am not using them anymore as an entry indication, but more a confirmation. As Martin says, stay with a dedicated 5M_chart.

Best wishes.

Hi Valeo,

One small question, just to finish setting the 2nd version correctly.

In post#2, you say that in the TFXO indicator, all values are 4.5 except 5mins which should be 5,

Does this mean that KirPER 2,3 and 4 should be 5 and KirPER1, should be 4.5?

The reason I am asking is because in the template, the values are all 5 except KirPER4 which is 4.5.

Thanks a lot.

Edited, thanks for the reply above. I had not seen at the time of this post.

Reason: