XO_Method REVISED - page 130

filmerton:
Maybe you don't have in indicators folder that indicator what this custom indicator call out.

Example: (MA_WPR_Alltf needs W%R_MA_LC, without that it hangs/crash when you add MA_WPR_Alltf on chart)

Go to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder and when you find "custom indicator".log file then this indicator doesn't work properly.

Correctly working indicators doesn't create logs files in that folder.

After Terminal crash/hang, there is one solution:

1.Close terminal.exe

2.Cut all indicators from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\indicators to new Folder

3.Start terminal.exe and close all open charts and then close terminal.exe

4.Delete all log files from

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\logs

and

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\logs

("Bad log" files take a lot memory)

5.Cut indicators back to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder and start terminal.exe

The less indicators you have in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder the less memory it takes

Maybe it helps

Thanks Filmerton, will try it this week.

During the week end, i pass one of my laptop under WINDOWS SEVEN beta 1 (just to see this new windows)

All run smoothly, and meta works great.

One example, at the start of windows, it consumes twice less memory than vista (my win seven consume 400 Mo), and it occupied twice less space than vista (my seven occupied 10 Go).

The reactivity is AWESOME.

This gonna be a great os (this time )

But thanks for the advice

Respected,Valeo.В №1251 you showed to mail indicator Chimp mtf.It is possibleto receive it?

serrus:
Respected,Valeo.В №1251 you showed to mail indicator Chimp mtf.It is possibleto receive it?

At this stage I am not sure that it adds value to our trading, but I will post it when I have been convinced otherwise.

If you still insist on having it, send me your private e-mail address to my PM.

Today's entries...

Without much explanation, here are my two trades this morning. (Remember my charts are GMT) - The Yellow vertical line is my entry for SHORT although "correct" entry would have been 4 candles later. No prizes for guessing why I entered "early".

Best wishes.

Files:

The "Artemis_Sitter" is here...

I have now uploaded the latest "Artemis_Sitter" above. For those of you who downloaded it, I apologise for the trouble I have caused you, but kindly download the latest version above.

Let us know what your experiences are, please.

Best wishes from both of us.

An "EA" to manage your manual trades...

I have had the privilege of meeting some wonderful people on this Forum and therefore I want to offer you an oportunity to meet my friend Yannis Sferopoulos from no where else, but Greece! He is a wonderfully talented man and is in the "IT" business like many of you here, but he has a passion for writing EAs and he very kindly allowed me to make his "Artemis_Sitter" available to all who want to trade it on DEMO only.

Believe me, this is a little "GEM" as I use it for my live trading with great success - saves me moving the stops, etc.

Once you have read his Manual (all attached) and you have downloaded and installed this "gem", you will see his name pop-up in the right top corner with his e-mail contact details where you can correspond directly with him. In his e-mail to me he wrote:

The EA can read the current account and 'understand' if it is a demo or a live account. Nothing too fancy from a programmer's point of view since it is Metatrader's a built-in function.

So any trader can actually use the EA and evaluate it freely on a demo account. All the EA-functionality along with the licensing info and the differences between the 2 available versions can be found inside the detailed user's guide which describes all the features and settings in a most clear way.

I am sure that many members of the thread will be thrilled with this tool, I know, 'modesty' is one of my virtues LOL, but on the serious side, there is no other EA in the market doing what the sitter does and especially with the ease, the security provided and the robustness the Sitter does it. "Artemis_Sitter" is an invaluable trading tool for manual traders.

Traders can modify any settings to suit their own trading style.

Files:

ValeoFX:
Without much explanation, here are my two trades this morning. (Remember my charts are GMT) - The Yellow vertical line is my entry for SHORT although "correct" entry would have been 4 candles later. No prizes for guessing why I entered "early". Best wishes.

Hi Valeo,

Wonder if that was just a rhetorical question! Anyway, from the charts I can see a bounce from the yellow ICWR, the chimp cross of the 10 ma, the cross of the rsi m30 ( which you consider important as an early entry) and the candle without the green line. The trend also sometimes changes after 8.15 am, as city traders settle down. ( Or maybe a secret indicator! )

But definitely interested in understanding your reasoning, and the main factor that you considered in your decision.

BTW, any luck in locating that ICWR document at all?

Look forward to your insight.

Regards

Pardy

ValeoFX:
Without much explanation, here are my two trades this morning. (Remember my charts are GMT) - The Yellow vertical line is my entry for SHORT although "correct" entry would have been 4 candles later. No prizes for guessing why I entered "early". Best wishes.

Hi Valeo,

Is 08:35 entry a valid one(although it's not as good as 08:55 entry)? I see the CCI-5 has crossed the zero line at 08:35, and 4 bars later it took the CCI-15 to cross the zero line and started the run.

Also did you take the 07:45 entry for LONG? I mean did you have a LONG/SHORT bias on the market(did you look at H1 chart to derive these trades)?

dyeung

Heya guys, i'm back on wheels.

Here are yesterdays entrys.

In 15 minutes, look for the red vertical lines.

2 trades on kble : 1 long for 50 pips, 1 short for 70 pips

1 trade on GY : 1 short for 80 pips

Files:

Big Joe:
Heya guys, i'm back on wheels.

Here are yesterdays entrys.

In 15 minutes, look for the red vertical lines.

2 trades on kble : 1 long for 50 pips, 1 short for 70 pips

1 trade on GY : 1 short for 80 pips

Hi Big Joe,

Just curious to know, why don't you use RSI in your M15 entries?

dyeung

Reason: