XO_Method REVISED - page 15

For dem lazy bones........

Here is the link again to a summary only of Spudfyre's work on Stochastics:

Stochastic Equilibrium occurs about 85-90% of the time on any time frame or price chart. This means that if we see a movement of the stochastic line from 76.4% to below 50% and that stochastic line reverses and climbs back across 50% than there is an 85% probability that the stochastic line will climb to 76.4%. Likewise, if we have a stochastic line that moved from 23.6% to higher than 76.4% than we have an 85% probability that the stochastic line will fall back to 23.6% after crossing the 76.4% line.

To see the images: MTF Stochastics - Page 63 Post #933

As long as you don't get sidetracked.

Best wishes.

Yes Valeo, that clears it up. Thanks for the explanation. I will forward test this method.

july 4th update

hello ValeoFX

I'm new to this thread and would just like to know if I should follow the settings in the template tsd-forum.tpl (110.2 KB) from post#2 or should I follow the settings on your post#2?

In your post you use 15-EMA, but on the template you have 13-EMA just an example of something different from the post and the template.

I would also like to know what the dots on the top/bottom of the candlebars are for. I don't see it in the entry or exit rules.

Thanks!

Franco

francob604:
hello ValeoFX

I'm new to this thread and would just like to know if I should follow the settings in the template tsd-forum.tpl (110.2 KB) from post#2 or should I follow the settings on your post#2?

In your post you use 15-EMA, but on the template you have 13-EMA just an example of something different from the post and the template.

I would also like to know what the dots on the top/bottom of the candlebars are for. I don't see it in the entry or exit rules.

Thanks!

Franco

Good morning Franco, welcome on board. Good to have you.

It is my mistake for not updating the Zipped File and I will do so today still, but yes, I want you to change to 15-EMA I find it better. The DOTS on top of the candles are the AcTrend1sig_noSound indicator and can be set according to your Money Management method. As it is it works best for me, but feel free to experiment with it or even do away with it. It is mentioned in the rather lengthy description, which I will also highlite today.

Best wishes.

Xo5..

Hey,

First off the XO5 seems like a useful indicator.

Does anyone know if it repaints any of the bars?

I want to know whether it does repaint as I have been looking at two months of charts, and I would like to know before checking the ongoing charts from Monday 20/8.

Thanks guys.

Paddyfxy.

Siro,

Siro, please do NOT be such an ignoramus after you have been on this Forum for however long and if you have only joined recently, all the more reason why you should get yourself "up to speed" on all matters useful.

Paddyfx:

The MTF indicators DO repaint ONLY if you switch between TFs. AND the reason for that is very eloquently described in the beginning of this Thread by none other than the developer of the MTF indicators in the first place. I made it very clear right from the start, that you need a dedicated TF. I do not care whether Siro calls them useless, it is my bank account that matters.

Amen Mister V!

ValeoFX:
Siro, please do NOT be such an ignoramus after you have been on this Forum for however long and if you have only joined recently, all the more reason why you should get yourself "up to speed" on all matters useful.

Paddyfx:

The MTF indicators DO repaint ONLY if you switch between TFs. AND the reason for that is very eloquently described in the beginning of this Thread by none other than the developer of the MTF indicators in the first place. I made it very clear right from the start, that you need a dedicated TF. I do not care whether Siro calls them useless, it is my bank account that matters.

This is a great, great system. I am in some ways indebted to ValeoFX for his generosity, even if in some way I've wronged him, he needs to know that - but that doesn't detract from this being a great, great system...but I do have to say that there are definitely definitely definitely IFs.

If...you know how to trade the market without any indicators whatever (eg using candlesticks and visible support/resistance) + perhaps some input.

If...you spend up to one or two years not giving up on it

If...you only enter trades based on your foundational knowledge of the market as mentioned in the first IF and not just because the system seems to be teling you so - or you will time and again get in too late.

If...you do not think that this system tells you what the market is going to do next and you don't need anything else such as looking at a 1 hour chart or a 4 hour chart, indeed a daily, weekly and monthly

If...you think this system will replace your brain and you won't have to use it any more

Otherwise it is an excellent concoction.

Valeo, can you share which broker you are using and your experience of withdrawals?

I think that it is fair to say the above. What this means is incredible, It means any trader can take this system (which I have studied for more than 2 years) and make money if their prepared to take the sacrifice of learning how to actually trade forex, not just learning the XO method. The XO method is an adjunct to trading and a method for trading (which I believe needs certain extra information) that will never leave my computer screen (1) for as long as metatrader continues to run.

What I have found is it is also an excellent system for staying out of the market. If my trade is going to be against the systm (and I have mastered trading against this system - it is so easy in fact)...then I check the system to see what it says. It is definitely worth listening to whether XO is saying up or down. It is especially amazing when you get in to a trade a lot before XO signals and then you can switch to XO and allow it to help you with both confidence, and exiting the trade.

Steve.........

Steve, I have NO bone to pick with you neither an axe to grind - seriously!

Thank you for this contribution. I do agree with you wholeheartedly especially when you say that you have better entries and yes, this is ONLY an ADJUNCT to trading, nothing more!

Any method should be seen as an adjunct and that the basis is to learn about what Forex-trading is all about. I am going to block this Thread for a day or two as I have more to say regarding the XO-method and what work I have done up till now. When I am quiet, it does not mean I am not working continuosly at improving this method, but I have been at the receiving end of some unscrupulous traders that took this method and made an EA which they sold on e-Bay and I just have an issue with such people.

Your contribution is much appreciated and so from everyone else. Let it just suffice to say that I made 70% more pips in August 2007 by comparing it to August 2006. ALL of that is due to an improved method and more about that will follow sometime today or tomorrow, but at least by Friday - that is a promise.

Finally Steve, I would like you to share your experience with your own method of trading with us. Please?????????

Best wishes to all.

Repainting indicators..............

Thanks to NewDigital who posted this article in a seperate Thread and just in case you missed it, I have copied the posting in full and pasting it here for those still asking about re-painting. The Thread is here:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/indicators-metatrader-4/9542-repainting-indicators.html

Some people confused: re-painting or not re-painting?

It is very easy to check.

For example D1 timeframe. Attach indicator to the chart. Do you see arrow for 2 days ago bar? Close Metatrader and open Metatrader tomorrow. Do you see same arrow 3 days ago? If no so it re-painting.

Of course people are cheking with M1 timeframe and probable some pairs as GBPJPY or GBPCHF. D1 timeframe is bad example of course.

About MTF indicators (Multi Timeframe Indicators). Some people said that MTF indicators are not re-painting and they are right. The other people said that MTF indicators are re-painting and they are right as well. Because MTF indicators are re-painting open bar. Re-painting the open bar is not re-painting at all. But if we attach MTF indicator to the chart (for example, MTF indicator with H1 settings to M15 chart) so MTF indicator will re-paint H1 open bar on M15 timeframe, right? So, that is why MTF indicators are something different. All MTF indicators re-paint open bar as any other indicators.

Reason: