Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Sergey Golubev, 2013.03.01 12:11
It is the filter. To filter false signals. Look at this post How to Start with Metatrader 5 for the idea and link to indicator to download (for MT4 sorry). I was using this indicator with live trading for the long time but it was many years ago so I just want to remind it to myself (and to convert it to MT5 for example).
NRTR is Nick Rypock Trailing Reverse and this idea was created in 2001:
NRTR indicator is standard filter for asctrend system (to filter false asctrend signals/dots).
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:06
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Hi fellow traders!
I have just signed up with MQL5 so am new to this forum and am not too sure of the protocols etc. Please be patient with me.
I do not understand how a person can create a Signal. We all have different strategies and setups with regards to trading, but when it comes to creating a Signal, is it just as simple as logging into MQL5 and linking it up with your MT4? If that is so, I am assuming MQL5 with extract what it requires from the MT4 and converts it into a Signal. IS that it? Surely it can't be that simple? Admittingly, I am asking out of pure ignorance with regards to Signals so if someone can educate me a bit on this I will greatly appreciate it!
Because there are many kinds of Signals:)
There are some threads/posts for newbies:
Where Do I start from?https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020
MQL5.community - User Memo
How to Start with Metatrader 5
Sergey Golubev, 2017.10.03 06:39
Just for newbies (if you are new to this website for example) - it is strongly recommended to read the following articles/posts/threads -
1. User Memo
Sergey Golubev, 2016.12.30 17:26
2. How to make a search on the forum/mql5 portal
Where Do I start from?
Sergey Golubev, 2017.07.25 15:47
How to search:
How to make a search on the forumhttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510
3.1. How to Start with MT5, a summary ! (incl the previous thread:How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning) MetaTrader 4 Help - Client Terminal – User Guide MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual
3.2. All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
3.3. ASCTREND SYSTEM summary (incl 2 good EAs)
3.4. BRAINTRADING SYSTEM HowTo
3.5. PriceChannel Parabolic system (incl 2 versions of the EA)
3.6. Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created)
3.8. Financial and trading videos - Table of Contents
3.9. All about Calendar tab and Macro Economic Events
3.10 All about MQL5 Wizard : create robots without programming
4. First key article:MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine!
5. The second key article:Limitless Opportunities with MetaTrader 5 and MQL5
6. How to add the broker to MT5:
6.1. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account
6.2. MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account
6.3. MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad Help - Connecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account
9. MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5
9.1. How to subscribe to VPS https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/187872#comment_4851530
9.2. You can move your VPS subscription from one account to another https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172120#comment_4166892
9.3. MQL5 VPS descriptionhttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172553#comment_4185979
9.4. Monitor VPS https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/188920#comment_4800677
9.5. Synchronize - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508
10.1. Find a Server by the Broker's Name:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page88#comment_3981953 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820
10.2. Help for beginnershttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214904
10.3. US brokershttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/12423/page500#comment_4736742
11. Promotion:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page88#comment_3982032 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page88#comment_3982030 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page88#comment_3982036
12. Freelance, decompilation, the rules, examples of the decompiled code:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/203200
13. General rules and best pratices of the Forum
13.1. Thread with the discussion
13.2. Forum rules
14. The thread about threads: what's going around the forum everywhere Good thread if you are looking for something new and modern (and free one)
15. MT5, mql5, mql5.com suggestions for improvement thread
16. How to subscribe to topic or invite a person into the topic - the thread
17. I just downloaded MT5 I am not sure how to pull up Cryptos - the thread.