Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
The entire MQL5.community history on a single page!
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.08.20 19:47 

A must ! Before using it or asking any question : please read the Online Help  (Also accessible by F1 on your MT5 platform)

Strategy Tester

For Traders

For Programmers

Optimization

Cloud

Announce of the launch : MQL5 Cloud Network launched.

As Users

Some useful topic about usage of the Cloud :

As Providers (agents)

Work in progress, stay tuned !

Tonny Obare
Tonny Obare 2013.08.20 21:11  
angevoyageur please push for mt4 compatibility of cloud network
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.08.20 21:26  
tonny:
angevoyageur please push for mt4 compatibility of cloud network
This question has already been asked to Renat (CEO of Metaquotes), and unfortunately he answered no, sorry.
chinaski
chinaski 2013.08.26 13:50  

What is about my source when i test it in the cloud ?

I mean, is it save ?  

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.08.26 14:12  
chinaski:
What is about my source when i test it in the cloud ?

You don't read the FAQ about Cloud ;-)

Can someone access my program's code or any other data, if I use MQL5 Cloud Network agents?

Firstly, all data exchange between a computing ordering customer and agents is encrypted. Secondly, a testing agent does not save a code of a submitted program on a drive. So, it cannot be captured on the computer that performs calculations. Besides, the agents themselves are protected from the attempts to penetrate their execution environment and capture data from their memory.

Thus, all necessary measures are taken to protect computing ordering customer data.

chinaski
chinaski 2013.08.26 14:41  
angevoyageur:

You don't read the FAQ about Cloud ;-)

Hello angevoyageur,

thank you for this summary. You are right, did not read it. Now i did  and have one more question:

The cloud power can only be used or can save most time, when it comes to optimization.

I mean, for a single test run there is no benefit by using the cloud (except there is more powerful CPU installed than my own)

Can you confirm this ? Or is there some secret or magic concurrency method behind ? Thank you 

I asked this because i have a strategy using more than 1 symbol which takes much time for a single.

So i thought to use the cloud, but may be in my case there is no benefit... 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.08.26 15:21  
chinaski:

Hello angevoyageur,

thank you for this summary. You are right, did not read it. Now i did  and have one more question:

The cloud power can only be used or can save most time, when it comes to optimization.

I mean, for a single test run there is no benefit by using the cloud (except there is more powerful CPU installed than my own)

Can you confirm this ? Or is there some secret or magic concurrency method behind ? Thank you 

I asked this because i have a strategy using more than 1 symbol which takes much time for a single.

So i thought to use the cloud, but may be in my case there is no benefit... 

I am not aware of a solution for "testing only" with Cloud. It works only for Optimization.
galafron
galafron 2013.08.26 22:02  

hello,

The bars reach up to but not include the current date which is very frustrating because you always like to test the latest data, specialy when the expert is a daily trader. It was possible in mt4 if I remember well.  I hope Metaquote would let us test until the current day in the near future, It doesn't seem too difficult to implement.

Ramin Zahed
Ramin Zahed 2013.08.29 17:45  
I think it would be great if tester have a data feed from for example TCP/IP socket, I want to test my strategy with MATLAB generated tick data with specific properties and data is online generated in matlab and I want to feed them to tester, I think there is not any way to do this except writing data to file and then generating FXT,.... If I am wrong please correct me
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.08.29 18:30  
raminzk:
I think it would be great if tester have a data feed from for example TCP/IP socket, I want to test my strategy with MATLAB generated tick data with specific properties and data is online generated in matlab and I want to feed them to tester, I think there is not any way to do this except writing data to file and then generating FXT,.... If I am wrong please correct me
There is no fxt file in MT5. And there is no way to use your own data in the Strategy Tester.
JD4
JD4 2015.06.23 05:59  
Alain Verleyen:
I am not aware of a solution for "testing only" with Cloud. It works only for Optimization.
Serious question here, what is the functional difference between "testing" and "optimization" in this case.
/
To add comments, please log in or register