Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Alert system from MT4 or MT5 ?
Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez, 2016.12.19 16:15
Currently, no need to send an email and configure complicated web services to resend your email as a sms, etc, etc.
You can configure Push Notifications directly on your MT4 / MT5 and all your Alerts will arrive directly to your mobile phone.
1. You would have to download MT4 / MT5 Mobile aplication (for Android or iOS), and inside that aplication, go to Menu\Settings and go down till you see "MetaQuotes ID" field. You have to remember number appear there.
2. Now, you would have to go inside your PC MT4 / MT5, and go to Tools\Options\Notifications, and there you have to check "Enable Push Notifications" and enter the number you previosly saw inside your mobile aplication (MetaQuotes ID), as I show in the picture:
3. Then, you would have to go to your "Terminal" window, "Alert" tab, right click, select "Create" and configure the alerts that you want, selecting "Notification" in "Action" Menu field, as I show in the picture:
That's all. I hope it help you.
More than 100 major brokers around the world offer MetaTrader 5
MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2016.12.21 12:00
Recently, a number of major brokers, including ActivTrades, Just2Trade, NAS Broker and Halifax Investment Services, announced the launch of MetaTrader 5 with hedging. This trend was supported by other prominent market players: GLOBAL FX, Global Equity Brokers (GEB) and Forexer Limited. The number of such companies is growing on a weekly basis — totally, more than 100 brokers from over the world already offer the flagship platform for trading on financial markets to their clients.
"We, in NAS Broker, are glad to present our clients with MetaTrader 5 — a professional multi-asset next-generation trading platform," says Oleg Sergeev, Senior Analyst at NAS Broker. "Multiple exciting technological innovations allow professional traders to increase their trading efficiency right now: the advanced MQL5 programming language, the MQL5 Cloud network, the new timeframes and the main features – the depth of market and the new strategy tester. In NAS Broker, we support both netting and hedging accounts suiting the needs of various trading strategies".
"Just2Trade Online focuses on high-tech brokerage solutions for all major world markets," notes Evgeny Zhilin, Head of Operations at Just2Trade Online, explaining the company's choice of the platform. "While having such a powerful product as MetaTrader 5, we do our best to make maximum use of it. Currently, Just2Trade clients have direct access to over 9 000 tools on NYSE, NASDAQ, LSE, FSE, MOEX, CME, NYMEX, ICE, EUREX, as well as the Forex market from a single account on the MetaTrader 5 platform".
"Halifax Investment Services, an Australian and New Zealand licensed market maker, is proud to offer MetaTrader 5 to its clients and global White Label partners", says Jonathan Schneider, Head of Sales for Halifax. "We offer both exchange traded and OTC products via MetaTrader 5, thus fully revealing its true multi-asset nature. MetaTrader 5 allows Halifax and its White Label partners to compete on all fronts".
"The addition of hedging meets the aspirations of many traders, current MetaTrader 5 users as well as others," adds Ricardo Evangelista, International Desk Manager at ActivTrades. "We believe it will appeal to many, including those currently using MetaTrader 4. From the early days, following the launch of MetaTrader 5, the request for hedging has been a constant. It was something desired by traders interested in exploring the potential of the platform but put off by the restriction on hedging. Now that is available we expect to see an increase in the demand for MetaTrader 5".
Sergey Golubev, 2014.06.06 09:25
3 Steps to Trade Major News Events (based on dailyfx article)
Today, we are going to cover three steps to trade news events.
Step 1 - Have a Strategy
It sounds simple, yet the emotion of the release can easily draw us off
course. We see prices moving quickly in a straight line and are afraid
to miss out or afraid to lose the gains we have been sitting on.
Therefore, we make an emotional decision and act.
Having a strategy doesn’t have to be complicated. Remember, staying out
of the market during news and doing nothing is a strategy.
A strategy for the trader with a floating profit entering the news event
could be as simple as “I am going to close off half my position and
move my stop loss to better than break even.”
For the trader wanting to initiate a new position that is technically
based, they may decide to wait until at least 15 minutes after the
release, then decide if the set-up is still valid.
The active news trader may realize they need a plan of buy and sell rules because they trade based on what ‘feels good.’
Step 2 - Use Conservative Leverage
If you are in the market when the news is released, make sure you are
implementing conservative amounts of leverage. We don’t know where the
prices may go and during releases, prices tend to move fast. Therefore,
de-emphasize the influence of each trade on your account equity by using
low amounts of leverage.
Our Traits of Successful Traders research found that traders who
implement less than ten times effective leverage tend to be more
profitable on average.
3 - Don’t Deviate from the Strategy
If you have taken the time to think about a strategy from step number
one and if you have realized the importance of being conservatively
levered, then you are 90% of the way there! However, this last 10% can
arguably be the most difficult. Whatever your plan is, stick to it!
If I put together a plan to lose 20 pounds of body weight that includes
eating healthier and exercising, but I continue to eat high fat and
sugar foods with limited exercise, then I am only setting myself up for
You don’t have to be stressed or frustrated through fundamental news releases.
LIMITLESS OPPORTUNITIES WITH METATRADER 5 AND MQL5
Some question about Signals
Sergey Golubev, 2016.12.30 20:14
Just some information about the Signal Service:
This is the information about where to start to.
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:08
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Rashid Umarov, 2018.02.15 14:05
Signals based on cent accounts can not have a paid subscription
From the rules -
How to host an automated trading robot on Metatrader (how to attach EA to the chart for trading)https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/238562#comment_7158340 -
automated trading robot
Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.04.19 11:43
1. Open your MT4 platform.
2. Open the chart of the instrument that you want to trade with (currency, stock, commodity or index).
3. Copy the .ex4 file of your expert advisor (I believe this is what you call automated trading robot) and paste it in the: File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4 >> Experts folder of your MT4 platform.
4. Right click on the Refresh option of your Experts Advisors folder in the MT4 Navigator window.
5. Click on the Experts Advisors folder, find the expert you've just inserted and drag it on the chart that you want to use it with.
6. A window with the Expert Advisor's setting will be opened and there you can fill all the parameters of your "robot".
7. Don't forget to tick the: Allow live trading in the Common tab of your Expert's settings.
8. Close the settings window and if you want to begin trading with your Expert Advisor, click the: Auto Trading button of your MT4 platform.
9. If you see a happy smiling face in the upper right corner of your chart, then you are OK.
10. If you want to avoid internet and power outages, it is strongly recommended to use a VPS service for your automated trading.