- Reviews (6)
- Comments (35)
- What's new
Moving average crossover scanner MT5
This indicator can identify the following 5 crosses:
- when a fast moving average crosses a slow moving average line.
- when price has reached a single moving average (closed above/below or just bounced).
- when a triple moving average formation has appeared (all 3 MA:s in consecutive alignment)
- when the MACD main line crosses the signal line.
- when the signal line crosses the MACD zero(0) line.
- The indicator can write the signals to a file which can be used by an Expert Advisor for auto trading. For instance this product.
- Can monitor selected symbols visible in your Market Watch window at the same time. Apply the indicator to just one chart and instantly monitor the entire market.
- Monitors every time frame, from M1 to MN, and sends you a real-time alert when a crossover has been identified.
- Can use RSI as an additional trend filter.
- The indicator includes an interactive panel. When clicking on an item, a new chart will be opened with the symbol and time frame in question.
It is enough to place the indicator on one chart and you will receive an alert from any symbol and any time frame of your choice.
Please note that due to the multi-time frame functionality neither buy/sell advice nor MA lines will be drawn on the chart.
I strongly recommend to put the indicator on a clean (empty) chart without any other indicators on it which could interfere with the scanner.
Please find the description and explanation of the input parameters here.
Please check out my other Moving Average products:
This is not a mandatory update if everything is already working as it should.
- added the possibility to add a custom text to the pop-up, push and mail alerts.
- minor improvements
The following changes have been made in this version:
- added the possibility to enable a moving average major trend filter
- added the possibility to scan for cases when the price has reached the second (slow) MA
- added support for the Strategy tester
Added MACD scanning:
- alert at lines crossover (main line crosses signal line)
- alert at zero(0) line cross
- upon customer request I have changed the alert text to show it like fast MA/slow MA instead of slow MA/fast MA. For example 8/21 instead of 21/8.
- added a smiley in the upper right corner of the chart showing that the indicator is up and running properly
- added the possibility to set a custom panel title
- added the possibility to scan for triple MA crosses
- added 2 different possibilities to scan for cases when the price has reached a single MA
- added an option to use symbols from the Market Watch window instead of the symbols written in the Symbols parameter