Moving average crossover scanner
This indicator identifies when a fast moving average (MA) crosses a slow moving average line. A slow MA could typically be MA 200 whereas a fast could be set to MA 15.
- Can monitor all symbols visible in your Market Watch window at the same time. Apply the indicator to just one chart and instantly monitor the entire market.
- Monitors every timeframe, from M1 to MN, and sends you a real-time alert when a MA crossover is identified.
- Can use RSI as an additional trend filter.
You can place the indicator on for instance EURUSD M5 chart and receive an alert from any symbol and any timeframe of your choice.
Please note that due to the multi-timeframe functionality this indicator is not supported in the strategy tester. Please also note that due to the same reason the MA lines will not be drawn on any chart.
- Slow MA period: Period for the slow moving average.
- Slow MA shift: Default is 0. The shift simply moves the value of the MA in time. So the MA value for bar 0 with shift 1 is the same as the MA value for bar 1.
- Slow MA method: Default is SMA (Simple moving average).
- Slow MA price mode: Default is Close price.
- Fast MA period: Period for the fast moving average.
- Fast MA shift: Default is 0.
- Fast MA method: Default is EMA (Exponential moving average).
- Fast MA price mode: Default is Close price.
- Enable RSI filter: True or false.
- Signal only when RSI is between the buy and sell level: The alert will be sent only if the RSI level it between these values (please see below).
- RSI buy level (signal from this level and above): If you set this to for instance 55, alerts will be sent for crossovers (fast MA crossing slow from below) where RSI >= 55.
- RSI sell level (signal from this level and below): If you set this to for instance 45, alerts will be sent for crossovers (fast MA crossing slow from above) where RSI <= 45.
- RSI Period: Default period is 10.
- RSI apply to price: RSI level is calculated from this setting.
- Symbols to scan: Here you will put all symbols you would like to monitor. Every symbol must be put in the exact way as it is visible in the Market Watch window and separated with a comma without spaces. If you put a symbol which does not exist in the Market Watch window, that symbol will not be scanned.
- Timeframes: Set to True for each timeframe you would like to monitor.
- Alerts: Set to true for each alert type you would like to receive.