VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor review — efficient and simple earning algorithm for the Forex market
VR Smart Grid Advisor will help any newcomer to travel the “way of the turtle” in less than two weeks. At the same time, the trader will not need to spend years on his own improvement, which is not an option for everyone because of the complex psychological component of trading.
● Read this review carefully● Understand the logic of strategy● Master the VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor settings● Download, install, make sure that the received software works correctly● Purchase VPS, open an account, make a deposit and monitor the growth of balance
VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor general description
● Growing trend on signs of new highs set by exchange rate or other instruments● Falling trend — on new lows of the asset price
The figure below clearly shows the operation of the Donchian channel, the lines of which indicate the direction of the trend of the currency pair to any newcomer at a glance at the chart.
The creator of CCI came up with a formula that fits 85% of prices taken in the period defined by the trader, in the relative interval marked by 100 and -100 levels. Pay attention to the picture below - “bursts” - the highs of the indicator curve for these levels, predict a reversal of quotes or a trend correction.
● Trend — according to Donchian indicator● Countertrend - on joint signals of CCI oscillator and DonchianTrading strategy signals have a number of drawbacks - appear ahead of correction or give false trend definition, so VR Smart Grid developers apply a grid strategy that allows:● To close the unprofitable position on the rollback● To “locate” negative trades with opposite orders, the profit of which will cover any loss
Recommended Forex Trading Platforms and Instruments
Installing VR Smart Grid on Metatrader 4 trading platform
Download and unpack the archive, the VR Smart Grid code is implemented in a single ex4 file. Start Metatrader 4, click on the top panel “File” option and select “Data Catalog” from the dropdown menu.
In the opened window, browse the MQL folder, the VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor file should be placed in the “Experts” directory.
Restart the Metatrader 4 trading platform and open the Navigator menu to make sure that VR Smart Grid is installed correctly, its name should appear in the Expert Advisors list.
The first installation of the VR Smart Grid EA on the chart is done by simply dragging the file from the Navigator window - that will open the settings window of the trading robot. By default, they are already configured by the developer, but the user should check the selected items.
● Fixed — The EA builds a grid based on the numerical calculation of the lot, for example, from the minimum value of 0.01 or any other specified in the settings below.● Percentage — the size of transactions wil be determined by percentage of the depositSometimes it is difficult for beginners to understand the value of a lot, especially for CFD contracts on indices or stocks, so it is easier and clearer to choose the percentage of deposit● Lot value — starting lot value
● Lot calculation type — the option sets the size of each subsequent deal, providing five types of algorithm — fixed and four types of increase of each new order: twice, by Fibonacci coefficients, using a simple sequence (1,2,3...), by the sum of loss-making orders + the size of the fixed investment
● Maximum/minimum allowed buy/sell lot — parameters limiting the possibilities of the above settings to increase infinitely the size of each new buy/sell trade
The second block offers four averaging options or the ability to disable this feature (not recommended).
● Trade in the direction of the current trend? — an option that potentially increases the profit of trading by the trend by opening new orders in a safe way, after protecting against the loss of the previous trade
● Trade type — intermediate setting of the robot
● To buy,● To sell● All orders
A separate case is the transfer of the robot to manual control (only for “advanced” traders). Enable manual trade mode — mode in which the grid is built on channels constructed “by hand” with the help of sloping straight lines.
● Trade in the new bar? — requires detailed explanation. The EA logic opens orders as soon as the level is crossed, but the trader can enable the option to pause until a new bar is opened and only then, having checked the conditions, output a new deal.● Maximum amount of the buy/sell order — limits the number of maximum possible open positionsThe fourth block determines the distance (step) between the order grid: “Setting the order steps”. It is implemented via two parameters:● Step between the order points● Series of orders — the number of open trades, after which the robot can increase the step
● Deposit allocated for the advisor — determines (in the deposit currency) the amount of the maximum possible drawdown of the Expert Advisor. This number includes the total loss of already closed and current open positions.
If the trader is not going to “entrust” the robot with the entire deposit, he puts a number less than the total amount on the account. The robot will close all positions independently as soon as it reaches this loss level. To restart the EA for a new one, go to IX and change the Magic Number value to any other number.
● Profit disrtibution
The trader is offered 10 options for distribution of the received profit, the first figure, for example, 10% goes to increase the trade deposit, 90% to the non-trading deposit.
● Minimal profit upon the closure of series of orders in points is an option that allows you to take into account the price of the broker's spread. A trader can set the robot to close a series of orders in breakeven + spread points, the value of which will be set independently
● Minimal profit for unprofitable order closure in the deposit — this option allows setting a complex condition for opening orders by trend and against trend. The robot can close part of orders or the entire “structure” if the accumulated profit of opposite positions exceeds the total current loss. In the settings line, you must specify the size of this excess in dollars
● By the percentage of profit (classic)● According to the Donchian Canal lines● According to the “Moving Average Line” indicator
● Trailing stop distance — stop loss distance from the maximum profit point● Donchian indicator or moving average... - period of indicators, under the conditions of which trailing stop is rearranged● Trading stop time setup is settings of stop and start time of trades in the format of 24 hours (for “advanced” traders)
● Show balance... - display of information in the chart window with current trading results● Order comment - leave unchanged● Magic Number — a unique number used by the robot as an identifiers of “its” orders, is necessary for several Expert Advisors (must differ from each other) or parallel, “manual” trade. If you leave it as “zero”, the robot can close any trade opened outside the strategy● Slippage — slippage, prevents the EA from opening orders when there is a large difference between the planned price of the deal and the actual, unexpectedly changed price value of the quotes
How to choose optimal settings for VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor
Example of VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor work
The first order is opened as soon as VR Smart Grid determines the location of quotes relative to the middle line of Donchian channel. In our example, the EUR/USD rate is higher than the indicator line, so the EA sells with a lot of 0.01 (specified in the settings).
EUR/USD continues to rise and Donchian channel redraws higher, which gives a signal to buy on the trend with a lot of 0.01. Now the loss on the first short trade will be compensated by an open long.
● Increases shorts to 0.02 lots by Martingale● Averages the first, losing short, automatically calculating the profit level and placing a pending order — take profit
The buy order is still open, as the signal of Donchian channel to the growing trend is still relevant.
Further fall of the course “closes the shorts”, bringing the first profit indicated in the upper left corner of the chart on the appeared balance monitor. Now VR Smart Grid manages only a losing position to buy.
After closing the short, the robot will look for the opportunity to open a new deal for sale, as the algorithm seeks to constantly “be in the market”. The current candle is above the moving average of Donchian channel, so the strategy produces a short signal that faces a restriction in the settings — “New bar deal”. The deal is opened only at the close price, on a new candle, which turns out to be way below the middle line.
The trade shorts are closed with a profit, which is displayed on the balance monitor report in the upper left corner, “in the market” under the control of the robot there are two buy trades with take profit to close.
- VR Smart Grid MT4 - https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/28140
- VR Smart Grid Lite MT4 - https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/20223/ open source
- VR Smart Grid MT5 - https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/38626/
- VR Smart Grid Lite MT5 - https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/25528/ open source