Semafor 3LZZ Scanner Dashboard
3 Level ZZ Semafor Scanner:
This is a Dashboard indicator which uses 3LZZ Indicator in the background to find semafors.
It will give priority to the level 3 semafors because they specify a strong signal.
You can go through this video tutorial to see how it works:
What each button means (examples):
Green font 1 or 2 or 3 :: Bearish Semafor 1 or 2 or 3 on current bar
Red font 1 or 2 or 3 :: Bearish Semafor 1 or 2 or 3 on current bar
Orange 1/1 or 2/2 or 3/3 :: Both Bullish and Bearish semafors on current bar (very rarely occurs)
Green Block:: 3(4) :: Bullish Semafor 3 occured 4 bars back
Red Block:: 3(2) :: Bearish Semafor 3 occured 2 bars back
- :: No semafors
-- :: Semafor 3 in previous bars but hidden because higher timeframe has a current bar semafor
(See screenshots for examples)
Popup alerts or email alerts or push notifications. Can be specified in Indicator Properties.
- Specify your Own Pairs using a comma-separated list. Or you can select a pairs list from our drop-down for forex pairs like "Forex Core 7", "Forex Core 14", only AUD pairs, only JPY pairs, etc.
- Specify your own preferred time frames in a comma-separated list.
- Settings for showing alerts: Popup, email, sound alerts, etc.
- x_axis, y_axis: to position Scanner Dashboard
- fontSize: to resize the whole panel and it's fonts. For best experience use fontSize between 5 and 8.
- ColumnsNum: Number of Dashboard Columns
- OnButtonClick Open New Window: On clicking any dash buttons open that Pair-TimeFrame in a new window with your specified template (next setting)
- Use Template for New Window: Template name without ".tpl". Eg: Create a file Template1.tpl in templates folder and here specify: "Template1".
(only works if previous property set to true). Does not work if on button click is set to open in current window because otherwise you might lose your current window indicators or existing dashboard settings.
- Check Previous Bars for Semafor 3: Specify number of previous bars to check Semafor 3 for.
- Skip If Semafor On Higher Timeframe: If true: If a semafor is still forming on a higher Timeframe then hide any previous semafors on the just lower timeframe. And just show double dash "--"
Because if higherTF semafor is still ongoing then price might still move. So it's best to wait for bar to finish.
Alert Semafor On Bar 3(x): Show alert for semafor on (x) previous bar
How to Trade:
Best way to use this indicator is with Support and Resistance or Parabolic SAR. Or any other indicator which might validate the reversal shown by the 3LZZ.
Support/Resistance levels will also help you set the Stoploss and TakeProfits.
- Please don't use too many Timeframes and too many Pairs because Scanner will need to scan each and every one and might get slower the more pairs you select.
- Scanner scans every bar only once for 3LZZ. But it refreshes every new bar. So for example, if your lowest timeframe on dashboard is M5, set the current chart timeframe to M5 too. So it will refersh every 5 minutes.
- Best is to trade trending markets. Don't trade when market is sideways. Ranging markets will show unreliable signals.
- If you want price to be above the dashboard, then right click on chart -> Go to Properties (F8) -> Common Tab -> Check "Chart on Foreground".
But if dashboard is behind the price chart, then you might have difficulty pressing the buttons. So, best to keep dash in the front and open buttons in new charts.
AlertPrevBarsSemafor3x: To show alert only for a semafor at prev bar x.
Will fix too many alerts.