MA 3 Ducks Bot settings and optimization guide
As the adviser can be used as a manual trade assistant or a fully automatic one it needs to be optimized for the traded instrument if manual trading not used. Default settings are configured to trade in 'Auto' mode but should only be used on EurUsd M5. Adviser not tested for Stocks and other instruments then Forex!
Adviser is fast and convenient to optimize and test as it work with 'Open prices'.
Which settings to focus on and optimization range of them
Adviser equipped with functions like take profit,stop loss,trailing stop,reversed order close(exit strategy rule) and partial order lot close. All these settings can be either included or excluded as desired together with a set of other important settings. So let's start with selecting them all together and set them up to perform an optimization. Remember that if 'Reversed order close' used there won't be any stop loss or take profit set to the orders but as we select all vital settings we optimize them to in one go to get the best settings. All order settings in pips were 1 pip is equal to 10 points. Period of optimization could be all from 6 months to a year or so, that's up to you to select.
- Settings selection
- Settings optimization range(increment steps)
1. First step, select settings to optimize
First of all make sure that 'Chart visuals' is turned off=false else the optimization process will slow down significant and ' Auto or manual assistance' set to 'Auto'
- Reversed order close - Range true-false
- Order take profit - Range 2.0 - 100.0 (step 0.5)
- Order stop loss - Range 2.0 - 100.0 (step 0.5)
- Trailing stop - Range true - false
- Break even - Range true - false
- Break even level - Range 1.5 - 10.0 (step 0.5)
- Stop loss movement - Range 1.5 - 10.0 (step 0.5)
- Minimal profit trailing - Range 1.5 - 10.0 (step 0.5)
- Ma method - Range Simple - Linear Weighted
- Order exit below/above Ma M5 bar close confirmation - Range 1-4 (step 1)
- Bars back to start i-Highest price search - Range 1-35 (step 1)
- Bars back period search for i-Highest price - Range 1-35 (step 1)
- Bars back to start i-Lowest price search - Range 1-35 (step 1)
- Bars back period search for i-Lowest price - Range 1-35 (step 1)
2. Second step, adjust the increments steps and range to optimize
That's it, now we have selected or settings to use in optimization. Note that i have excluded 'Partial close' in this setup and it's up to you if you want to use it or not. Last step in this process is to setup ranges and steps for selected settings and then it's time to optimize and only on M5 time frame (don't ignore this) as it's the adviser main operational time frame!
Manual trading with MA 3 Ducks Bot
When you trade manual with this adviser which i think is the best optimal way to use it,it's all up to you how you want things to be done. You will be assisted by advisers entry signal dashboard when to enter a trade and you have a set of different order types to choose from. Kind of no limits how to...but if you select 'Reversed close' the assistant will do the order closing for you automatically and no TP/SL will be set for the order but you can still enable and use trailing stop (recommended). If 'Reversed order close' not used, you have full control of your manual orders were you set your own take profit, stop loss and trailing stop levels as you like and choose when and where to close an order. I believe that the reverse close system only optimal to use in a strong trendy market - in choppy,flat or week trend market it's a disadvantage and for the best i always recommend to use TP/SL orders along with trailing stop.
About the 3 Ducks system
Basically three moving averages (exponential - default) on three different time frames M5,H1,H4 and a period of 60. These ma's can not be changed, only the ma mode!
New function added - Spread filter
New function added - ADX trend search filter
New function added - Dashboard chart position. It's now possible to toggle between right or left corner
Product link https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/44032