Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator

This is a another hybrid of 10Point3 with what I believe are some significant enhancements to improve trading success based on the Predator EA I posted in the Elite Section a few weeks ago. Predator has had some really good results so far (knock on wood).

This EA scraps the standard MACD used in 10Point3 for trade signals and instead uses a Jurik RSI based on Jurik MA's. We've found this to be a tremendously more responsive indicator in Predator for getting you in and out of the correct trade direction in the first place. There's an additional new feature that now restricts trading to go with the daily trend. Loosely translated:

1. If the trend is strongly up, you buy only on the dips.

2. If the trend is ranging/weak downtrend/weak uptrend, you can buy or sell.

3. If the trend is strongly down, you sell only on the rallies.

Settings can be the same thing you've used with 10Point3, Terminator or Predator. I've found that keeping the TakeProfit/Pips/Stoploss intervals tight can result in more rapid smaller but consistent profits. The enhancements in this EA should go a long way to help avoid trading in the wrong direction and to reduce those huge drawdowns.

Give it a shot with a demo account and post your results.

Files:
goblin.zip  18 kb

before i go testing, nice work @bluto

i have one problem when i put it on micro demo on neuimex.

it is only micro till 2.50 from then on it goes to 3 and then 4 lots etc...

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.04 / 0.08 / 0.16 / 0.32 / 0.64 / 1.28 / 2.56 (this one dont trade my broker) / 5.12 (this one else..) /

can we fix progression to:

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.04 / 0.08 / 0.16 / 0.32 / 0.64 / 1.28 / 2.50 / 5 / 10

?

greetz

bluto,

i love it, excellent work my man, i have 2 concerns that i was wondering you can answer me on......#1- can i use this EA with micro lots on interbankfx?? and if i cant how can you change the EA to do so??

also, is there an option to turn off the Jurik indicators and let the EA run nakedly non-stop without using the indicators to determine a buy or a sell, can you implement this feature??? thankyou bluto........keep on phreaking

Timeframe

bluto:
This is a another hybrid of 10Point3 with what I believe are some significant enhancements to improve trading success based on the Predator EA I posted in the Elite Section a few weeks ago. Predator has had some really good results so far (knock on wood).

This EA scraps the standard MACD used in 10Point3 for trade signals and instead uses a Jurik RSI based on Jurik MA's. We've found this to be a tremendously more responsive indicator in Predator for getting you in and out of the correct trade direction in the first place. There's an additional new feature that now restricts trading to go with the daily trend. Loosely translated:

1. If the trend is strongly up, you buy only on the dips.

2. If the trend is ranging/weak downtrend/weak uptrend, you can buy or sell.

3. If the trend is strongly down, you sell only on the rallies.

Settings can be the same thing you've used with 10Point3, Terminator or Predator. I've found that keeping the TakeProfit/Pips/Stoploss intervals tight can result in more rapid smaller but consistent profits. The enhancements in this EA should go a long way to help avoid trading in the wrong direction and to reduce those huge drawdowns.

Give it a shot with a demo account and post your results.

What's timeframe do you use for this ea?

phorex_phreak:
bluto,

i love it, excellent work my man, i have 2 concerns that i was wondering you can answer me on......#1- can i use this EA with micro lots on interbankfx?? and if i cant how can you change the EA to do so??

also, is there an option to turn off the Jurik indicators and let the EA run nakedly non-stop without using the indicators to determine a buy or a sell, can you implement this feature??? thankyou bluto........keep on phreaking

I also use an IBFX mini account which is what this EA was developed & tested on, so it should definitely work for you. You can select lot sizes as small as .01

As far as turning off the indicators, that's not really feasible...like most EA's, this one needs some idea of what direction to place the trade. It uses an ordertype variable which is driven by the indicator to tell it whether to place a buy or a sell whenever the martingale sequencing tells the engine it's time to place another order in the progression. In the absence of that, it wouldn't know what to do. It's just a dumb machine. I suppose you could generate a random number and base the order on that, but you'd be dealing with a pig in a poke...wouldn't really make any sense.

If you want to trade countertrend, there's a "ReverseCondition" flag you can set to 1.

uagadugu:
What's timeframe do you use for this ea?

I've had very good results on an H1 timeframe.

baggermatsch:
i have one problem when i put it on micro demo on neuimex.

it is only micro till 2.50 from then on it goes to 3 and then 4 lots etc...

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.04 / 0.08 / 0.16 / 0.32 / 0.64 / 1.28 / 2.56 (this one dont trade my broker) / 5.12 (this one else..) /

can we fix progression to:

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.04 / 0.08 / 0.16 / 0.32 / 0.64 / 1.28 / 2.50 / 5 / 10

?

greetz

Wow. I didn't realize Neuimex or other brokers work their lot sizes that way. I'll have to look at the code to see what can be done. Stay tuned.

Goblin

Looks good to me, I have attached it to H1 charts and used the preset from my 10points3 Dynamic Stop testing, MaxTrades10 & starting from .01.

It has opened one trade and is analysing the daily trend on the other pairs. It gives one a feeling of confidence in that it is actually working out what to do. As opposed to jumping in automatically.

Thanks bluto,

John

bluto,

any suggested or preferred pairs for Goblin?

Wackena

pluto,

I was reading the Globin code and have a question. In the Turbo_JVEL part of the code, is the last part below correct. I see you have when trendtype=2 and trendtype=3, both trendtext="Weak Downtrend/Ranging".

When trendtype=3, should trendtext="Strong Uptrend";

UpTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_D1, "Turbo_JVEL",10,-100,0,0);

DnTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_D1, "Turbo_JVEL",10,-100,1,0);

TrendVal = (UpTrendVal + DnTrendVal);

if(TrendVal <= -0.1)

{

trendtype = 1;

TrendTxt = "Strong Downtrend";

}

if(TrendVal > -0.1 && TrendVal < 0)

{

trendtype = 2;