Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 59

I think that on days like NFP where the market is completely volatile people should should not trade with these types of Cost Averaing EAs - best thing to do is say close all open postions on the day before the news release.

Anyone else getting clobbered right now?

Files:
gob_kill.jpg  36 kb

matrixebiz:
Anyone else getting clobbered right now?

no...........

phorex_phreak:
no...........

Wierd. GBP/USD has been going down for the past little while and as you can see my my pic, Goblin has been placing Buy trades. What could I have done wrong?

Files:
gob_kill.jpg  36 kb

Weeks results

I closed off Goblin1 and 10points 3 Dynamic Stop prior to the NFP announcement to avoid the potential hassles that some have experienced. It is the only news announcement that I take that action with for the reason that it is always the most volatile announcement and always comes on Friday giving little time to get out of trouble if it goes against the EA.

My earlier experiments during the week with Maxtrades13 to experience a 1.5 progression did not work out so well and has slowed down the profitability on both somewhat.

John

Files:
goblin9.htm  124 kb
goblin9.gif  6 kb
10points314.htm  107 kb

matrixebiz:
Wierd. GBP/USD has been going down for the past little while and as you can see my my pic, Goblin has been placing Buy trades. What could I have done wrong?

Your trading the GBP/USD, bad idea, stick to the ranging pairs my friend, look at my trading log a couple of posts up...

Wackena:
Attached is Goblin sorted by pairs report for this week.

1. Timeframe: H1

2. Broker: FXDD

3. Settings file: Default, except MaxTrades=7

4. Account: Demo

Deposit $10,000

Balance $13,246

Equity $12,162

137 wins - 62 loses

13 open trades - Float ($-1,082)

ROI 21.6%

Wackena

I should have waited a few hours before reporting. This Demo just took a major hit. Equity has been cut in half with over $6000 lost

Wackena

MaxTrades

Wackena:
I should have waited a few hours before reporting. This Demo just took a major hit. Equity has been cut in half with over $6000 lost Wackena

you nominated MaxTrades7 did you have AccountsProtection on and at what level did the trades close? Would have MaxTrades10 been successful?

I am testing MaxTrades10 and to date it has not been beaten but I was not open fror the NFP so avoided your time frame.

Always interested when large drawdowns occur,

John

I think, if is the Big News Time like Today, then the Goblin need simply to going offline and to wait some time. (No make new opens. Better when no have open positions.)

You can put the Time Management Option in the Code.

You can make this with days (the day in the European Time Zone) or with hours. So you have no open positions when the is the Major News time like today.

/---- if (UseHourTrade) { if (!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade && Hour()<=ToHourTrade)) { Comment("Time for trade has not come yet!"); return(0); } }

Or better, no making new opens and close all floating. Then wait 1 or 2 hours. The Market going no more wild after the one or two hours after the major news.

You can put this in the hardcode.

I thing this is the good way.

It is impossible for Goblin (a realy great EA) to work on this spikes at this short times of Major News. We know the times of the news also we need to get out of the market.

(Sorry for my English)

phorex_phreak:
i love it.........

detailedstatementphreak.htm

Oh brother. Get a load of this dorky braggard. Lol. Need to check your ego at the door playboy. We will believe you when you show us the money. And the EA.

Sorry I couldnt resist.

Reason: