Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 53

can anyone post the latest version Goblin with fibo level entries? i got lost in this thread

SloForeX:
Bluto,

In last version of Goblin you added this function "EquityProtectionLevel". I must warn you that this will not working. Why?

For some reason every few minutes indicators reload itselfs. I don't know why but, when they do that EA is reloaded too. So you set AllowTrading to true again, and EA will again continue to open some orders.

I was trying to add a similar function which would close all open orders when for instance equity drops for about 5% below the acccount balance. But I can't do this, because EA get's reloaded and then I have this problem again.

Do you have any suggestions?

Dejan

You're saying that the EA and/or the indicators are reloading and resetting? That just doesn't make sense. If an EA did that all day long, things like global variables and a host of other tidbits could really get hosed up. Is you're connection good? Are you losing your broker signal frequently? Whatever it is, it's not a good scenario to be running an EA under. I've never heard of it.

Incidentally, I did test that equity closure fairly extensvely and it bailed out everytime, closing all orders and halting. Same thing with the order loss protector.

abrs70:
can anyone post the latest version Goblin with fibo level entries? i got lost in this thread

Not sure these are the latest versions, but have them posted in case you want to have a try.

Files:

File Descriptions - as files above

GoblinFibo1

- replaced martingale progression with Fibo, 4h indicator

GoblinFibo1.1

- choice of martingale/fibo progression, 4h indicator

GoblinFibo1.2

- choice of martingale/fibo progression, 1h indicator-depends on chart

On behalf of the silent majority of this tread readers... I would like to thank you Bluto for starting this tread... your work... also, for work of all the contributors here and your collective insightful mind... The Goblin... Congratulations...!!!

Probably many people such as myself read here, but they don't know enough yet to get involved... thanks again Bluto and... I will be following you at Jugulator...

bluto:
You're saying that the EA and/or the indicators are reloading and resetting? That just doesn't make sense. If an EA did that all day long, things like global variables and a host of other tidbits could really get hosed up. Is you're connection good? Are you losing your broker signal frequently? Whatever it is, it's not a good scenario to be running an EA under. I've never heard of it. Incidentally, I did test that equity closure fairly extensvely and it bailed out everytime, closing all orders and halting. Same thing with the order loss protector.

Thanks for your response. I don't know why is this happening. It looks like this (picture).

Files:
untitled1.jpg  66 kb

Trader1:
Wackena,

I find this negative float thing interesting. I have been running 24/7 since 11/28 and although I have been at work most of the time it has been running, I have never seen a float of more than say -$800. When I check the float after work, more times than not it is positive. I have not had a margin call (knock on wood). It will probably be my luck that tonight when I get home my account will be blown! I started with $10,000 Demo and this morning the account was approaching $25,000. I am running the four majors on the default setting, 1 Hr TF. I think maybe there is something else in play here, such as when the EA is started and at what stage a trend is in and how it is recognized. Any thoughts anyone? I will try to post my statement tonight or Wednesday AM-EST.

Trader1

Trader1,

A few hours after I reported yesterday the near $3000 (30%) negative float, most of the negative float orders closed. Profit went up and Float p/4 ended up under -100. That was one quick Float change. I would advise caution if using the equity protection feature. It could close orders for loss, when many could later make profit. It really needs to be a good judgement call when using equity protection feature.

So far from 2006.12.03 17:05 EST on 4 major pairs, $10,000 demo, account equity is $12,687.

Wackena

SloForeX:
Thanks for your response. I don't know why is this happening. It looks like this (picture).

I'll take another look at this matter. It could be that when the AllowTrading variable is set to false, it's essentially causing the EA to enter an infinite loop results in a timeout/reset. The real goal would be to deactivate the EA until you discover what has happened and then take action to either lick your wounds or turn it back on. Stay tuned.

Wackena:
Trader1,

A few hours after I reported yesterday the near $3000 (30%) negative float, most of the negative float orders closed. Profit went up and Float p/4 ended up under -100. That was one quick Float change. I would advise caution if using the equity protection feature. It could close orders for loss, when many could later make profit. It really needs to be a good judgement call when using equity protection feature.

So far from 2006.12.03 17:05 EST on 4 major pairs, $10,000 demo, account equity is $12,687.

Wackena

Very good point, Wackena. The equity protection thing was intended more as a "I can't take it anymore" parachute for those with weak knees and a small threshold for pain.

Reason: