Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 36

matrixebiz:
What settings are you using? Mine isn't trading yet?

H1 Chart

Settings

TakeProfit=20.0

Lots=0.3

InitialStop=1.0

TrailingStop=10.0

MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=2

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=1

risk=2

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Wackena

Wackena:
H1 Chart

Settings

TakeProfit=20.0

Lots=0.3

InitialStop=1.0

TrailingStop=10.0

MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=2

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=1

risk=2

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Wackena

Oh, ok. I'm using John's which I guess are less risky. That's why I haven't had any trades go off yet.

Some trades in the wrong direction

I also have some trades placed in the wrong direction.

Below my two current tests.

Goblin

Here are standings for the week. Sorry I accidently put them in 2. I think the validity of these indicators have more than proved themselves. With a proper MM and hedge plan this will be a great EA. Great Job Bluto. I think we will have to knight you. You haved served the "Holy Grail" well!!

extern double TakeProfit = 40;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double InitialStop = 1;

extern double TrailingStop = 20;

extern int MaxTrades=10;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2050;

extern int EndMonth=12;

// extern int EndHour=22;

// extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 123987;

The old Version of Goblin was "safer" and it didn't take so many trades against the trend

mike

Trading

During the week I expect that the EA will have time to overcome any adverse trading experienced from the "news" but on Friday when I want to close off the EA for the weekend there is no time left if the trade goes against the EA.

So on Friday I make a point of closing manually pairs that are in profit prior to the "news" especially if there are high impact announcements expected.

http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar&week=1164499200&month=12&timezoneoffset=

that page is set for TimeZone GMH+10hours and told me that there were a couple of high impact (red envelopes) announcements due. I closed off the EA prior to those announcements and here are my weekly results.

Progressing from a .01 unit start a closed profit of $430.63 was achieved.

John

Files:
goblin6.htm  110 kb
goblin6.gif  5 kb

Bluto, These are excellant enhancements especially for those of us who have learned in the past that money management is key with an EA and building an account is a slow process often using micro lots and that the mini lot crowd will suffer or just plain give up if they keep trying to double their account with big gains because with big gains/large lot size comes big losses. Laverne and Shirley.... I mean slow and surely.

bluto:
Some enhancements in the works for testing next week...

1. New "Lot_Size_Increment" - an optional setting that will be used to increment the initial Lots value by a fixed amount for each successive order. This will override the default behavior of doubling the Lots value. You can now have an order Lot series like .01, .02, .03, .04, .05, etc. if you wish.

2. New "Lot_Size_Multiplier" - an optional setting to use If you don't want to use the Lot_Size_Increment or the default doubling behavior. Set it to something like 1.2 or 1.5 and each successive lot will be increased such that New_Lot_Size = (Lot_Size_Multiplier * Previous_Lot_Size)

3. A new optional true/false "Close_Orders_On_Trend_Shift" setting that will cause the EA to close all open orders and start a new order sequence when the indicators detect a trend shift from buy to sell mode or visa-versa.

I'm hoping to have these available by Sunday for your testing on Monday.

Reason: