Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 6

teamfri:
Using the one posted on the first page, I got the smily face on the chart. On the upper left corner of the chart, it shows several lines, including:

'No conditions to open trade'

Is that nomal?

Thanks a lot if anyone can help.

Yes, that's normal. The EA will place trades when the short term trends (JRSI) correspond to the overall trend (JVEL).

bluto:
Yes, that's normal. The EA will place trades when the short term trends (JRSI) correspond to the overall trend (JVEL).

If "'No conditions to open trade'", then time for Firebird?

yeoeleven:
Here is a detailed statement after closing off for the weekend.

The settings were previously posted.

This looks like a very useful EA having earned $119 over 3 days starting off at .01 units and the highest progression was to .08 and that only once.

Very impressed with it's ability to trade in the right direction.

John

This is default settings ? Timeframe?

wilson1668:
Hi there,

I suggest if the updated / dubugged Goblin EA and its related indicators can be attahced in the first post, for easier reference.

Thanks!

Done! Any further changes will be updated on the original post.

frantacech:
If "'No conditions to open trade'", then time for Firebird?

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with Firebird. Here's how Goblin works:

1. Place the Turbo_JRSI indicator on your chart with a period of 17.

2. Look at what the daily trend direction is at the top of the chart window.

3. If the trend direction is Strong Uptrend, the EA will only place buy orders. This only happens when the JRSI line is increasing.

4. If the trend direction is Weak Uptrend/Ranging/Weak Downtrend, the EA will place buy orders when the JRSI line is increasing and it will place sell orders when the JRSI line is decreasing.

5. If the trend direction is Strong Downtrend, the EA will only place sell orders when the JRSI line is decreasing.

If you're not seeing orders placed, then the short term trend (JRSI) conflicts with the daily trend (JVEL). This is designed to keep you out of trouble. Be patient until the short term trend changes.

Settings & TF

frantacech:
This is default settings ? Timeframe?

I am using the settings for Goblin that I used for 10points 3 Dynamic Stop as per my earlier post and using the TF recommended previously by bluto........... H1

John

yeoeleven:
I am using the settings for Goblin that I used for 10points 3 Dynamic Stop as per my earlier post and using the TF recommended previously by bluto........... H1 John

Thanks

I testing with M15 - GPBUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF and USDJPY

extern double TakeProfit = 30; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.3; // First order will be for this lot size

extern double InitialStop = 300; // StopLoss

extern double TrailingStop = 20; // Pips to trail the StopLoss

extern int MaxTrades=10; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=10; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=60; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // If one the decision to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // Month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2050; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

// extern int EndHour=22; // Not used for now

// extern int EndMinute=30; // Not used for now

extern int mm=1; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=5; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

bluto:
Hmmm...I'm not familiar with Firebird. Here's how Goblin works:

1. Place the Turbo_JRSI indicator on your chart with a period of 17.

2. Look at what the daily trend direction is at the top of the chart window.

3. If the trend direction is Strong Uptrend, the EA will only place buy orders. This only happens when the JRSI line is increasing.

4. If the trend direction is Weak Uptrend/Ranging/Weak Downtrend, the EA will place buy orders when the JRSI line is increasing and it will place sell orders when the JRSI line is decreasing.

5. If the trend direction is Strong Downtrend, the EA will only place sell orders when the JRSI line is decreasing.

If you're not seeing orders placed, then the short term trend (JRSI) conflicts with the daily trend (JVEL). This is designed to keep you out of trouble. Be patient until the short term trend changes.

hi , bluto

i've a question/suggest about the logical_EA :

Goblin opens orders based on logical of EA, then I suppose that market condition changes and short term trend (JRSI) conflicts with the daily trend (JVEL), so that open-orders are loosing.

Under this condition Ea can close/reverse positions ?

what do you think about this

giapel

Arthur_1_:
your lotsize is extremely to much for an account size of 5000$. sooner or later it will blow out your account.

imagine if you use the 4 major pairs with 0.1 lotsize and maxtrades=10 then you will need this margin if maxtrades are open:

200:1 leverage at every broker except IBFX:

1. 0.1 50$

2. 0.2 100$

3. 0.4 200$

4. 0.8 400$

5. 1.6 800$

6. 3.2 1600$

7. 6.4 3200$

8. 12.8 6400$

9. 25.6 12800$

10. 51.2 25600$

51150 $$$ -total margin for ONE pair

this means you will need a lot margin to start with 0.1 on a normal account. the only way i see to start an EA like this is the mini account at IBFX. there you can trade positions which are very small. 0.1 at alpari means 1.0 at IBFX mini account.

Sorry to answer you now. I prepare to use 2500USD with the IBFX mini account and only use 0.01lot, this 5000USD account is just for test.Anyway the more deep pocket the more possibility to win,thanks a lot!

But do you think the EA opened with the wrong direction for USD/JPY?On the chart the EA said the trend for USD/JPY is "strong up",but today USD/JPY go south so huge.I am just a little confused.

giapel:
hi , bluto

i've a question/suggest about the logical_EA :

Goblin opens orders based on logical of EA, then I suppose that market condition changes and short term trend (JRSI) conflicts with the daily trend (JVEL), so that open-orders are loosing.

Under this condition Ea can close/reverse positions ?

what do you think about this

giapel

That's a very good question. Goblin is by no means foolproof. I think that the Jurik indicators and the trade logic of basing short-term trades on the daily trend will go a long way towards improving the overall performance of the original 10Point3 concept. The gray area remains at the tops and bottoms of daily trend shifts, or that "transitional area" and we'll have to keep on dreaming up ways to improve on staying out of trouble there. I was even thinking it might be wise just to make this EA trade trending periods only and turn trading during transitional or consolidation periods - that way, you wouldn't have open orders that could get into trouble.

Having said that, yes, if the EA is placing trades in the direction of the daily trend and the short term trend, and then there's a short term reversal due to news or whatever, it's probable you'll see some orders temporarily go into drawdown. However, they should correct themselves once the market settles down and gets back into it's daily trend pattern. There's no question trading these type of EA's that you have to be prepared with sufficient capital for a temporary drawdown when the market turns on a dime in the short-term.

Reason: