Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 34

yeoeleven:
You will have Continue Opening 1 as long as you are still progressing through the MaxTrades but when you hit the last one you will see Continue Opening 0.

Order Type relates to Buy or Sell. This taken from the EA's code

if (mode==OP_BUY) { myOrderType=2; }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { myOrderType=1; }

Can't find any record about Order Type 3.

Hope that answers your question,

John

OrderType 3 doesn't do anything...it's a dummy value assigned to the OrderType variable prior to the logic that tests the trend direction. If the tests for a buy signal or sell signal both fail, OrderType remains set to 3 which causes the EA to do nothing.

Some enhancements in the works for testing next week...

1. New "Lot_Size_Increment" - an optional setting that will be used to increment the initial Lots value by a fixed amount for each successive order. This will override the default behavior of doubling the Lots value. You can now have an order Lot series like .01, .02, .03, .04, .05, etc. if you wish.

2. New "Lot_Size_Multiplier" - an optional setting to use If you don't want to use the Lot_Size_Increment or the default doubling behavior. Set it to something like 1.2 or 1.5 and each successive lot will be increased such that New_Lot_Size = (Lot_Size_Multiplier * Previous_Lot_Size)

3. A new optional true/false "Close_Orders_On_Trend_Shift" setting that will cause the EA to close all open orders and start a new order sequence when the indicators detect a trend shift from buy to sell mode or visa-versa.

I'm hoping to have these available by Sunday for your testing on Monday.

bluto:
Some enhancements in the works for testing next week...

1. New "Lot_Size_Increment" - an optional setting that will be used to increment the initial Lots value by a fixed amount for each successive order. This will override the default behavior of doubling the Lots value. You can now have an order Lot series like .01, .02, .03, .04, .05, etc. if you wish.

2. New "Lot_Size_Multiplier" - an optional setting to use If you don't want to use the Lot_Size_Increment or the default doubling behavior. Set it to something like 1.2 or 1.5 and each successive lot will be increased such that New_Lot_Size = (Lot_Size_Multiplier * Previous_Lot_Size)

3. A new optional true/false "Close_Orders_On_Trend_Shift" setting that will cause the EA to close all open orders and start a new order sequence when the indicators detect a trend shift from buy to sell mode or visa-versa.

I'm hoping to have these available by Sunday for your testing on Monday.

Your Awesome Just wondering if you can add an option to feed my Cat while I'm away Just kidding, keep up the good work

Hi Bluto,please view the text below,it is from the thread "10point3",I just think

this advice is really good,can you make another version of Goblin

for it?Buy using this method,our risk will be reduced and still earn money,

of course not so quick,but safe( I think safe is the most important).Just my

2 cent,please consider about it,again thanks for the great work!

=======================================================

Yes Terry, i try since few months to use 10points3 (or DLM) without good results on long term. i have had a margin call on demo account with *2

i think *1.5 change a lot of things

for an example, during a trend (150 pips)

increase *2

level 0 = 0.10 lots

level 1 = 0.20

level 2 = 0.40

level 3 = 0.80

level 4 = 1.60

level 5 = 3.20

level 6 = 6.40

level 7 = 12.80

level 8 = 25.60

level 9 = 51.20

level 10 = 102.40

increase *1.5

level 0 = 0.10 lots

level 1 = 0.15

level 2 = 0.23

level 3 = 0.34

level 4 = 0.51

level 5 = 0.77

level 6 = 1.16

level 7 = 1.74

level 8 = 2.61

level 9 = 3.92

level 10 = 5.88

This is the very big difference. during a trend of 150 pips, your account is not in red zone with Maxtrade = equal or up than 13

==========================================================

bluto,

I have a suggestion for you to consider.

Why not have a try to make goblin a true trend following system, while not giving up the strength of martingale at the same time.

Apparently, we can not do this with short timeframes, like M30 or 1h chart, because on these timeframes there are too many whipsaws, if you keep using martingale, it's not a real trend following system. (For a true trend following system, I mean it only long/sell in one direction, and cut loss at the direction change).

I think the best timeframe is daily chart. We may try to follow the daily trend, while using maringale to take the advantage of the dip and rally that are against the daily trend.

For example, on daily chart if JVEL is above zero, we only long, and vice versa. A daily uptrend or downtrend usually lasts quite a few days. Therefore in these few days, all the trades will be winners with maxtrade setting at a small number.

But there is no such perfect thing in the world, trading methods are all about tradeoffs. The drawdown of this method is the potential loss at the transional period from bull to bear, or from bear to bull. I don't believe there is one single indicator in the world that is not lagging, although we can try to find better ones.

But, I think we can let martingale handle everything right before the indicator signals the direction change of the daily trend. For example, we can set the maxtrade at 6. If we are lucky, the loss can be recovered at this transional period. If it can't, just let it cut loss by itself. And when the new positions are openned, most likely the indicator has already detected the new direction. Overall, this EA will become a winner in the long run without devastating drawdown.

This is just a suggestion for everyone here to consider, and see if it is worth trying.

thanks

teamfri

lmx2000:
Hi Bluto,please view the text below,it is from the thread "10point3",I just think

this advice is really good,can you make another version of Goblin

for it?Buy using this method,our risk will be reduced and still earn money,

of course not so quick,but safe( I think safe is the most important).Just my

2 cent,please consider about it,again thanks for the great work!

=======================================================

Yes Terry, i try since few months to use 10points3 (or DLM) without good results on long term. i have had a margin call on demo account with *2

i think *1.5 change a lot of things

for an example, during a trend (150 pips)

increase *2

level 0 = 0.10 lots

level 1 = 0.20

level 2 = 0.40

level 3 = 0.80

level 4 = 1.60

level 5 = 3.20

level 6 = 6.40

level 7 = 12.80

level 8 = 25.60

level 9 = 51.20

level 10 = 102.40

increase *1.5

level 0 = 0.10 lots

level 1 = 0.15

level 2 = 0.23

level 3 = 0.34

level 4 = 0.51

level 5 = 0.77

level 6 = 1.16

level 7 = 1.74

level 8 = 2.61

level 9 = 3.92

level 10 = 5.88

This is the very big difference. during a trend of 150 pips, your account is not in red zone with Maxtrade = equal or up than 13

==========================================================

You'll be able to easily accomplish this with the new "Lot_Size_Multiplier" setting I mentioned a few posts ago.

teamfri:
bluto,

I have a suggestion for you to consider.

Why not have a try to make goblin a true trend following system, while not giving up the strength of martingale at the same time.

Apparently, we can not do this with short timeframes, like M30 or 1h chart, because on these timeframes there are too many whipsaws, if you keep using martingale, it's not a real trend following system. (For a true trend following system, I mean it only long/sell in one direction, and cut loss at the direction change).

I think the best timeframe is daily chart. We may try to follow the daily trend, while using maringale to take the advantage of the dip and rally that are against the daily trend.

For example, on daily chart if JVEL is above zero, we only long, and vice versa. A daily uptrend or downtrend usually lasts quite a few days. Therefore in these few days, all the trades will be winners with maxtrade setting at a small number.

But there is no such perfect thing in the world, trading methods are all about tradeoffs. The drawdown of this method is the potential loss at the transional period from bull to bear, or from bear to bull. I don't believe there is one single indicator in the world that is not lagging, although we can try to find better ones.

But, I think we can let martingale handle everything right before the indicator signals the direction change of the daily trend. For example, we can set the maxtrade at 6. If we are lucky, the loss can be recovered at this transional period. If it can't, just let it cut loss by itself. And when the new positions are openned, most likely the indicator has already detected the new direction. Overall, this EA will become a winner in the long run without devastating drawdown.

This is just a suggestion for everyone here to consider, and see if it is worth trying.

thanks

teamfri

This is actually the direction Goblin is taking. I suppose the first phase was getting enough feedback on the reliability of these new Jurik indicators and I think they're doing the job pretty well. That was the hard part. From here forward, the trick is going to be to get the order and risk handler to work the way we want it to relative to market volatility.

Ok, so on Sunday when you get the the new EA, there will be an option; Lot_Size_Multiplier=1.5

MaxTrades=13

to set correct?

matrixebiz:
Ok, so on Sunday when you get the the new EA, there will be an option; Lot_Size_Multiplier=1.5

MaxTrades=13

to set correct?

Yes, that's right. It's probably going to be more like later Monday, m8. I need some market time to test everything.

As a side note, with these mods if used, the need for MaxTrades virtually goes away because you'll have the option to kill and reset the order sequencing cycle when the trend detector senses a shift from buy to sell mode or visa-versa.

Have there been any hits/trades today in the market?

My Goblin is happy but no trades all morning

Reason: