Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 68

Tross:
Someone had asked for a dumbhedge version with some options.

I wrote all the options that I've been playing with into Goblin1.2

If reset to default options this EA will run exactly as Bluto's Goblin1.2 does now.

Details,

FiboProgression

- true = use Fibonacci sequence for lot progression instead of Martingale .

DynamicPips

- true = calculate distance between orders depending on the swing between high and low of the pair over the last 36 hours. Depends on DefaultPips as it's middle point

ReverseBlindly

- true = reverses every next order in a progression. Not quite working as intended, also seems to reverse when orders are placed.

ReverseOnTrend

- true = constantly checks to see if buy OR sell orders should be placed, works during progression.

Use4hourTrend

- true = reverts trade decisions to fixed 4h, ala Goblin1.1

If you have feedback about these options, maybe PM me.

I do not wish to muddle this thread as we wait for the next installment.

However if something amazing happens, everyone might want to know.

Enjoy

Tross

Cool beans! Someone has been busy....and creative!

visualization... news on the chart...

Hi Bluto and all... I am still miles behind you... but while searching/learning I came across this info on...

"Working with Files. An Example of Important Market Events Visualization"

at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1382 - an EXCELLENT learning site...

A few pages ago... sorry, I don't remember which post ... but it was about potentially implementing the news/time on the chart... so, it just came to my mind what I have seen...

It looks quite nice... hope somebody can do it...

Trader1:
Bluto,

Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you and those who have contributed to this thread. I think that Goblin is a great EA that just needs tweaking which is what all of us are trying to contribute.

I was critisized in an earlier post because I had basically let my demo account run with the default settings and had doubled my account in 4-5 days. As you stated above, the "purpose of the demo testing at this phase is to stress test the limits and see which areas need to be fortified to reduce risk.".

Rather than being deterred by criticism, I continued to test using the default settings of max trades 10, with account protection enabled. My testing started on 11/28 and before the NFP announcement, my account had grown from $10,000 to $32,000+. Please find this statement attached.

While I could have shut down the EA and protected the $22,000 in demo profit, I decided to let it run through the NFP. As expected, the account took a major hit, pretty much in accord with the results that Wackena posted earlier. Within 3 hours the account was down to ~ $4000 total. Essentially a blowout. The point of this exercise is to learn how the EA handles this kind of event. And we find out that (as we had supposed), that the EA won't respond quickly enough to recover. The max trades and account protection did work as coded, with my maxtrades not going past 7.

Several people have posted suggestions, many of which are very creative. I know that you are working on the Hedge aspect and we can hardly wait to see the new version. There are also the ideas of closing all orders when a certain parameter is breached, as well as incorporating the news into the EA to avoid trading on volatile days/news events. I also thought Wackena's idea of protecting account equity was a good one. I'm not sure if he has developed a feature to protect a percentage of the equity as the account increases as I haven't studied it in depth, but it sounds like a good idea.

One concept that may have been mentioned earlier is creating an envelope around price action similar to what Hendrick develped in Firebird v.63H04. This version created a "SAFE AREA" that prevented new trades from being opened when the price spiked outside of the envelope. In Firebird, however, the damage was usually caused by earlier trades, while in Goblin, most of the damage is created at the time of the event so in effect this would immediately stop any further trades until the price conformed to the "safe" envelope settings. I have included this EA so that the code can be studied by our programmers who might want to explore this concept. I have also included a "Safe Area" indicator for those of us who like to see visually.

As for now, I am continuing to let the EA run to see if it will recover or totally run out of margin. Only time will tell.

Trader1

Thanks for the feedback, Trader1! Some good ideas there. The more people we have hammering on this thing with different scopes of testing, the better. That Firebird piece really intrigues me. Someday I hope to have some time to really put it under a microscope and see what makes it tick.

I will forward test 3 options

Tross:
Someone had asked for a dumbhedge version with some options.

I wrote all the options that I've been playing with into Goblin1.2

If reset to default options this EA will run exactly as Bluto's Goblin1.2 does now.

Details,

FiboProgression

- true = use Fibonacci sequence for lot progression instead of Martingale .

DynamicPips

- true = calculate distance between orders depending on the swing between high and low of the pair over the last 36 hours. Depends on DefaultPips as it's middle point

ReverseBlindly

- true = reverses every next order in a progression. Not quite working as intended, also seems to reverse when orders are placed.

ReverseOnTrend

- true = constantly checks to see if buy OR sell orders should be placed, works during progression.

Use4hourTrend

- true = reverts trade decisions to fixed 4h, ala Goblin1.1

If you have feedback about these options, maybe PM me.

I do not wish to muddle this thread as we wait for the next installment.

However if something amazing happens, everyone might want to know.

Enjoy

Tross

Hi

I will use 3 Metatrader demo.

All with Fibo Progression and dynamicpips at true.

One with use4HourTrend at true (but i will have the EA avalanche also cause even if i loose a lot of real money with this EA i still think it has very good potential (by the way you could see how the Avalanche use the hedge in the swap direction)

One with ReverseBlindly at true

One with ReverseonTrend at true

I will see what will happen at the end of the day but for what i backtested Fibohedge had horrible behaviour.

See you later !

what happen to hedging EA developed by phorex phreak?

Suggestion:

In attempt to minimize big loses during volatile market, use a MaxFloatLevel routine to pause trading while negative Float is excessive. This with the EquityProtection code, may help minimize volatile market negative effect. Maybe someone can code a dynamic MaxFloatLevel to calculate a self adjusting level of negative Float p/l required by EA to run efficiently.

Wackena

Wackena:
Suggestion:

In attempt to minimize big loses during volatile market, use a MaxFloatLevel routine to pause trading while negative Float is excessive. This with the EquityProtection code, may help minimize volatile market negative effect. Maybe someone can code a dynamic MaxFloatLevel to calculate a self adjusting level of negative Float p/l required by EA to run efficiently.

Wackena

I think I can build that in.

bluto:
I think I can build that in.

Ok, would you stop talking like that all the time, - kiddies close your Eyes- I'm getting a "hard on" with all this excitement Just kidding, keep up the great work all of you working on this project

Goblin showing its good side so far this week.

Last week my Goblin $10,000 Demo was up over $13,500 equity and then took big hit on Friday. Equity fell to below $7,500. This week so far, equity has shot back up to ~$9,300. For running the 4 major pairs, I feel Goblin needs about $3,000 allowed for negative Float p/l. So, I've set MinEquityLevel=6300. I will adjust this setting as AccountEquity changes. If last week, when equity was over 13,500, I had set MinEquityLevel=10500. This being only midday Tuesday, I would have be back with a positive equity about 12,500.

By minimizing loses, Goblin may just be able to produce mostly positive equity growth from week to week.

Protect those assets.

Wackena

Tross:
Trader1

Goblin1.2 or

GoblinFibo1.2 both have account equity protection built in, as well as MaxLossPer order built in.

Goblin1.2 on first page.

GoblinFibo1.2 a few pages back by me

(not GoblinFibo1.2_dumbhedge)

Tross

Tross,

I don't find these numbered versions on the 1st post. Perhaps you could post those versions as I can't seem to locate them.

Sorry Tross,

I see that you posted v1.2 on the next post with your revised options. I will try that.

Trader1

Reason: