Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 46

yes yes yes

xxDavidxSxx:
just keep going long gbp/jpy and it will eventually win. Making good swap rate while you wait. gbp/jpy has a long way up to go over the long term.

Yes even if the currencie is the higher till 2000 (so six years) it's still a good trade with the swaps (it's called "carry trades").

And i saw some examples in goldentree forum with very good wins : more swap wins than the losses !!!

I got stuck in the crap that happened friday. Anyways, I have the EURUSD, USDJPY, and GBPUSD all in the red at 0.32 lots. I'm currently -950 in the hole as i speak. I have 2650 right now, minus my loss. What would you do? Except the loss, or hold on for the ride?

I look forward test new version

bluto:
I'm getting some very positive preliminary results with the mods I've made to come up with "Goblin TF" so far. Lotsa protection built in...no more runaway orders in the wrong direction. Thrives on trend.

Hey Bluto,

Thank you for your efforts in the development of Goblin. When do you plan to release Goblin TF?, how many different version of Goblin have been released? I'm correct in thinking that people have been using Goblin to trade with real($) accounts, which version? The results posted (good & bad) are quite encouraging.

Keep up the good work

gandolff:
Hey Bluto,

Thank you for your efforts in the development of Goblin. When do you plan to release Goblin TF?, how many different version of Goblin have been released? I'm correct in thinking that people have been using Goblin to trade with real($) accounts, which version? The results posted (good & bad) are quite encouraging.

Keep up the good work

There have only been two versions. The first version suggested using an H1 chart and an H4 overall trend detection...in fact the H4 was hard coded. Some felt that the H4 was too slow and I agree, so I changed Goblin to use

H1 trend direction...I guess that was version 2 or release 2 if you wish. That was the only change. I haven't turned this new "Goblin TF" thing loose yet because I'm still refining it...I CAN tell you it's going to be quite different from the old 10Point3 model.

bluto:
There have only been two versions. The first version suggested using an H1 chart and an H4 overall trend detection...in fact the H4 was hard coded. Some felt that the H4 was too slow and I agree, so I changed Goblin to use

I look forward to the release

AdamDuritz99:
I got stuck in the crap that happened friday. Anyways, I have the EURUSD, USDJPY, and GBPUSD all in the red at 0.32 lots. I'm currently -950 in the hole as i speak. I have 2650 right now, minus my loss. What would you do? Except the loss, or hold on for the ride?

I am guessing your long the $. I'd hold it. It will collect intrest and probly after the first of the year we'll see the $ recover.

I am guessing your long the $. I'd hold it. It will collect intrest and probly after the first of the year we'll see the $ recover.

I doubt he has enough capital (in his account) for that option.

gpw797:
I doubt he has enough capital (in his account) for that option.

Nope I don't. I should have never used 3 currencies on this. Just one at .01 lot with my small margin. I guess my question is, do you guys think the dollar will recoup any today, or should I just learn a lesson and close out my trades. I'm now at -788.

Update: -448.22

matrixebiz:
I don't see any settings posted on 11/28/06. What settings are you referring to? What is 2HR before London time in EST?

Thanks

Also, extra to my previous post, I read somewhere of a Trailing TP which I guess if the price continues in the right direction then keep going until maybe a few pips in the wrong direction the sell instead of settling on a set TP price. Does Goblin have this Trailing TP option?

Matrixebiz,

To answer your question in the 1st paragraph...I'm also in EST in the US. 2 hrs before the London open would be 1:00AM (0100) EST. My Broker (FXDD) is in GMT+3, with their time being 0800. The London open starts @ 0300 EST (3:00AM).

The second question regarding my settings is that they are the default settings found in the zipped file in the first post. I believe the current settings may have some corrections in them from Bluto...I believe minor fixes, etc. but should basically be the same as I used.

Good luck.

1Trader2

Reason: