Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 21

Sugesstion

Hi! I quite well with martingale, this system is hard to beat but once it's beaten it's gonna wiped 30% of your money (last time it's cost me $1400). I've been running the fist ver. of goblin since 27/11 and it's perform very well even with few large draw down just like yeoeleven statement. I've sugesstion to enhanced this system, how about not make the pipstep exactly at 15 pips but make it:

if ((LastOpenPrice - Bid) > 15 && condition to make another buy == True) visa versa (pardon my english).

So when we open a buy and sudenlly there is down spike we don't have to open another buy every 15 pips, it's gonna make our equity even worst. Insteat of that how about let the down spike end and then we open another buy. And about the lot size, if the first open trade we open 0.1 lot then after the spike (let say it's down 40 pips) then the second trade we open:

Lotsize = 2^Mathfloor(40/15)*LastOpenLot or in other words it's 0.4.

So we just skip the 0.2 lots. How about that? I think it's gonna minimize the draw down and make our break even easier. Please give me comment.

AdamDuritz99:
Do you mind posting your settings?

Hi yeoeleven settings ar here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175616/page3

hexadecimal:
Hi yeoeleven settings ar here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175616/page3

Thanks man. I've read this thread twice and pretty much check up on it every few ours, but I completely missed that post.

Thanks again.

Settings

AdamDuritz99:
Thanks man. I've read this thread twice and pretty much check up on it every few ours, but I completely missed that post. Thanks again.

Adam,

please note the heading for my post it relates to post #112 which I am copying here.

I have upgraded Goblin with the H4 ammendment and to date it has reassessed the direction on 2 pairs.Using the settings previously posted except to remove the AccountsProtect option, here is the first day's result.

My settings are as posted but AccountsProtect now is 0

John

Bluto, this EA is doing really well for me. You did a great job. I'll post some new foward tested data tomorrow evening.

A little tip for anyone who cares. I did some back testing changing the PIPS to 10. It gave me really good results. So I decided to change my foward testing settings using PIP 10, MaxTrades 3 and InitialStop at 1. everything else default.

Well that foward testing was short lived. In matter of a few hours I lost $300. Now it might have peformed better if MaxTrades was set higher, but i'm trying to reduce the drawdown. I advise everyone to keep PIPS at least at 15. When I post my latest foward testing results tomorrow evening, you'll will be able to see the error of my ways.

Snce 3 time GBP/USD opend 3.2LOTs for me,I changed the pips=25 for it. This pair is too wild we should give it more space to run.My results please see the attached file.

Files:
goblin_1130.htm  38 kb

Today seems to be the difficult day even for Goblin

yeoeleven:
Forward testing as per post #112.

Continuing to profit, the week to date detailed statement attached.

John

Hi yeoeleven,

can you please, attach saved setting your Goblin - #198 statement?

I have exact compare.

Thanks

I testing Goblin last H4 update version.

I have two identical copy, start with 5000 deposit, identical time and broker MIG.

First - M15

Second H1

Today winner H1, yesterday M15.

Hmm, it is interesting thing.

Mayby any timeframe automatic switch for help and big profit.

I fret over with open trade and relative DD

This time

M15 - open trade -687,-

H1 - open trade -1680,-

Yesterday has been reverse.

Please, if anybody attach your statement, add your settings!

Regards

Files:
goblin.zip  1 kb
goblin_m15.htm  50 kb
goblin_h1.htm  76 kb

frantacech:
Hi yeoeleven,

can you please, attach saved setting your Goblin - #198 statement?

I have exact compare.

Thanks

Here are my settings for both 10points3 Dynamic Stop and Goblin. I am running 10points on M30 and Goblin on H1 with all recommended pairs and posting my results in the appropriate threads.

Both are on demo accounts and I want to see how long it will take for MaxTrades10 to fail, at what cost and how much profit will be gained before it does.

Contrary to popular belief I do not subscribe to the theory that it is safer to reduce the MaxTrades, Pipstep and TP whilst increasing the unit start.

I believe that if the account has insufficient funding the way to handle it is to read over all the posted statements and deduce which of the pairs is the least likely to get the account into trouble and trade one pair only starting from .01 and not to strangle the EA with reduced settings.

Time will tell and I will be around for the long haul having already been testing 10points3 since August.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1