Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 16

Eureka:
I've attached the Goblin to H1 charts on the 4 majors before the markets opened on Sunday evening. So far, no trades have been executed.

I have set up a mini demo account with IBFX and the lots are .01. These are nano lots, trading a penney per pip.

I also have the indicator in the indicator folder. The information is appearing at the top left of each chart. But it reports, 'No Conditions to open trades'.

I see others are reporting that they have had trades open. Could it be the mini account using nanao lots? I use nano lots on just about all of the demos when I test an EA, or at least when I can I do.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Eureka

Check two things:

1. Right click the chart - on the Common tab of the Expert Advisor Properties....is Live Trading enabled? Is there a happy smiley face in the upper right corner of the chart?

2. Have you enabled the Expert Advisor toolbar button?

Yes, I have Smiley faces in the upper right corner of each chart, allow live trading has been checked and the Expert Advisor button on the tool bar is yellow.

bluto:
Check two things:

1. Right click the chart - on the Common tab of the Expert Advisor Properties....is Live Trading enabled? Is there a happy smiley face in the upper right corner of the chart?

2. Have you enabled the Expert Advisor toolbar button?

Trader1:
Bluto,

This looks like a great EA. I was wondering about potential downsides to the EA. What kind of things should we be looking for...to improve upon, etc? I loaded this last night and have run the EA 15 hours and I'm already up 680 pips. Needless to say this rocks!! (As long as there is a tolerable downside...)

Trader1

1. We haven't had a good taste yet of how this EA behaves when the price action seriously takes off in the opposite direction (big news, etc.) but the hope is that it will react quickly and keep us out of too much trouble. This is where 10Point3 clones usually get into trouble. It gets worse when maxtrades is too high and pips intervals are too small. Lots of folks have had their accounts blown out by being over-leveraged when 10Point3 has gotten away from them on fast bars and trend reversals. Keep the maxtrades down to something reasonable in the 3-5 range and set the stop parameters.

Eureka:
Yes, I have Smiley faces in the upper right corner of each chart, allow live trading has been checked and the Expert Advisor button on the tool bar is yellow.

Please re-download the zip from the first post and reinstall the EA and indicators. Reset your session and see what happens. You'll have to go back and update the settings for each pair.

Forward testing as per post #112

Still progressing well a detailed statement of the week to date is attached.

John

Files:
goblin3.htm  51 kb
goblin3.gif  5 kb

That did it!! All systems go and I have trades.

Thanks, Bluto.

bluto:
Please re-download the zip from the first post and reinstall the EA and indicators. Reset your session and see what happens. You'll have to go back and update the settings for each pair.

Eureka:
That did it!! All systems go and I have trades. Thanks, Bluto.

Bodaceous!

bluto:
Bodaceous!

Too funny!! LOL

Looks Good!!

Heres mine for 24 hours so far. Looks good and consistenly opens correct trades. WOW!! If there is anything an EA needs is a proper mixture of consistency and profits!!!!

Hey,

frantacech wrote a neat post on hedging pyramid's

The interesting thing of course, is that the progression he uses is a Fibonacci Sequence.

1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34 . .

I had to try it instead of a martingale

For lot size increments. You can see that the FibSequence allows you to enter more trades before your risk reaches the same level, obviously your reward scales similiarly.

Heres the code I replaced in the EA.

This code could replace any of the martingale code in the similiar EA's that this one is based on.

I replaced this

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,2); }[/CODE]

with this

[CODE]mylotsi=MathRound(MathPow(1.6180339,cnt+1)/MathSqrt(5))*lotsi;

It should also adjust for whatever LOTS you choose, ie. .01, .1 or 1.

Heres some results for January to August on 30min EURUSD. *EDIT* (not GBPUSD)

Reason: