Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 52

popok_sakti:
Hi bluto,

after short testing the newest 10 Points 3 EA, I think I still love your Goblin EA and would love to see your new Goblin EA

popok sakti

Why, please elaborate/explain - I'm interested to hear you opinion.

gandolff:
That would be great. Your next version, will it be using the same TF, currency pairs etc..... I would like to make sure that both EA are tested with their own optimal setup's

My personal preference is H1 because I think a lot of the noise gets reduced, but the timeframe parameters should be flexible to accommodate each trader's style. As you say though, standardizing on pairs and TF's that seem to work well is a smart idea.

bluto,

whats the logic behind the new 10 points 3 system EA??? what kind of protection does it have in case of a 400 pip drop?? can you give me a quick example, thankyou....

gandolff:
Why, please elaborate/explain - I'm interested to hear you opinion.

Because When I did backtest from 1/01/2006 - Today, with roughly the same setting, it gave me good result with Goblin, but with newest 10 point 3 EA, the result was not very good

popok

phorex_phreak:
bluto, whats the logic behind the new 10 points 3 system EA??? what kind of protection does it have in case of a 400 pip drop?? can you give me a quick example, thankyou....

Let me fill you in on where I'm at after pouring over and pondering this 10Point3 engine for the past few days and what the future should hold..

My most recent efforts have been targeted at having the EA constantly monitor the trend (short-term swings, medium term, etc.) via the indicators instead of once every Maxtrades cycle. The idea was to address the flaw of placing gobs of countertrend orders. That was fairly easy to implement but the results were offset by the fact that there's open orders on the turn left to be dealt with, typically by closure resulting in losses greater than accrued profits. No throttle exists to ease off on the trades (at increasing lot sizes) as the slowdown in velocity approaches.

Bottom line....there's really no way to make the 10Point3 engine a winner in it's current architecture...the runaway fastbars can be dealt with but at the cost of the bailout of open orders. I had thought of maybe using an inverted lot-size scheme where you place the larger order first followed by decreasing lot sizes for subsequent orders.

So, what's the cure? I think you said it best...10Point3/Goblin/Terminator/Jugulator, whatever you want to call it needs......HEDGING. That's the bottom line. And that's going to take a bit of time but I'm working on it. I think that will be my contribution to furthering the cause.

As for Jugulator, it should be the same as Goblin at this point with the exception that the code has been better organized.

Wackena:
I will try higher pipstep.

Deep pockets needed. I started a $3000 demo on the 4 majors with default settings and quickly ran out of free margin. Restarted with $10,000 demo and again quickly ran out of free margin. Negative float at times was over 30% of Balance. Also, margin level down near 100%. Min margin level for several brokers is 80%. Getting close.

Wackena

Wackena,

I find this negative float thing interesting. I have been running 24/7 since 11/28 and although I have been at work most of the time it has been running, I have never seen a float of more than say -$800. When I check the float after work, more times than not it is positive. I have not had a margin call (knock on wood). It will probably be my luck that tonight when I get home my account will be blown! I started with $10,000 Demo and this morning the account was approaching $25,000. I am running the four majors on the default setting, 1 Hr TF. I think maybe there is something else in play here, such as when the EA is started and at what stage a trend is in and how it is recognized. Any thoughts anyone? I will try to post my statement tonight or Wednesday AM-EST.

Trader1

Ok, I've downloaded the new version, where does each file go? Experts or Indicators?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Ok, I've downloaded the new version, where does each file go? Experts or Indicators? Thanks

Hi matrix,

I think the 10 point 3 should be put in expert and the other to indicator

Bluto,

In last version of Goblin you added this function "EquityProtectionLevel". I must warn you that this will not working. Why?

For some reason every few minutes indicators reload itselfs. I don't know why but, when they do that EA is reloaded too. So you set AllowTrading to true again, and EA will again continue to open some orders.

I was trying to add a similar function which would close all open orders when for instance equity drops for about 5% below the acccount balance. But I can't do this, because EA get's reloaded and then I have this problem again.

Do you have any suggestions?

Dejan

popok_sakti:
Hi matrix, I think the 10 point 3 should be put in expert and the other to indicator

Ok, thanks

Reason: