Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 70

JanusTrading:
On the Elcactus side of the original creator of 10point3 is a new feature added, which prevents trading of the Martingale Ea`s during news events via a CSV file.

While nice, but incomplete..............

Here is what i like to see:

Get a CSV file location for a month(economic calendar) and the EA closes trades before the selected events(what i did manually up to now) and than restart again.

The idea of "pausing" during news has no appeal to me, since it will create hughe gaps and additional turmoil in your account.

Exit before big news events is the only practical solution, i can proof with EA`s which use "timefilters" and produce excellent results.

IBFX widens spreads ANYTIME they like, even outside news events.

Janus

Janus - you and thesource have tossed out some really good ideas on dealing with news events. I had considered that idea of monitoring the spread because it's a dead giveaway. I like the idea of the external news event log file as well. That info is readily available anywhere and it would be up to each trader to maintain their respective files. A priority/urgency value could be assigned to the news event which could drive the lead time to close trades and go into hibernation...that could allow the EA enough time to attempt closing open positions with a profit. Dealing with external text files is very straightforward in MQL4. Perhaps an enhancement to place in the queue for "Goblinator III".

For New traders to this thread....

Hi Minnesota Jay, What you want to consider, if you are truly interested in the Goblin EA, is to grab your favorite beverage and read the entire thread, and that goes for any other traders who are new to this thread, it will save Bluto some time. After that you may come to the conclusion to wait until Bluto finishes the next version of Goblin, which as he stated several posts back, MAY be out in a week or so. The reason you might want to wait is because the newer version will have a greater potential to handle the problems you are experiencing; so more testing of the last version in my opinion doesn't really serve a purpose except for sharing additional new ideas for improvement. But if you are testing it and you come to this thread and communicate problems that are already being addressed then that would be a reflection of not having read the thread, hope that makes sense. Lastly if you earned $1,000 on a $5,000 account in one night then you will want to play close attention when you read this thread to specific posts that talk about DECREASING your Leverage and using micro lots ie. .01 rather than .1. Hope that helps. cheers

Minnesota Jay:
I'm not sure I have it set up right so far this week on fxdd demo Ive been running the goblin on the 4 majors. The first night I was certainly impressed with nearly a $1000 dollar gain just over night on a 5K account. Not so sure now like on the GBP/USD its saying the daily trend is in a strong down trend when it actually has been going long sense Nov 17th with a little retracement last week. Anyway the Goblin has been putting trades on in the wrong direction for the last two days now. Is their something I may have set up wrong? Just running it as I downloaded it, by the way what chart dose it place trades off of. Haven't figured that one out yet either. Thanks Jay

goldensight:
Hi Minnesota Jay, What you want to consider, if you are truly interested in the Goblin EA, is to grab your favorite beverage and read the entire thread, and that goes for any other traders who are new to this thread, it will save Bluto some time. After that you may come to the conclusion to wait until Bluto finishes the next version of Goblin, which as he stated several posts back, MAY be out in a week or so. The reason you might want to wait is because the newer version will have a greater potential to handle the problems you are experiencing; so more testing of the last version in my opinion doesn't really serve a purpose except for sharing additional new ideas for improvement. But if you are testing it and you come to this thread and communicate problems that are already being addressed then that would be a reflection of not having read the thread, hope that makes sense. Lastly if you earned $1,000 on a $5,000 account in one night then you will want to play close attention when you read this thread to specific posts that talk about DECREASING your Leverage and using micro lots ie. .01 rather than .1. Hope that helps. cheers

Indeed Ihave read it all but Im not up to date on this new type of trading and yes im looking forward to the new update as well thanks Jay

Goblin TF

Hello Bluto,

Any idea on when the next Goblin update will be released?

Thanks much,

Goblin Options

I have tested Goblin Options with the settings below for the past 24 hours. As the name suggests there are plenty of options still to explore so after this week I will make changes as suggested here. H1 TF

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=1

DynamicPips=1

DefaultPips=15

MaxTrades=10

SecureProfit=0

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseBlindly=0

ReverseOnTrend=1

Use4hourTrend=0

CloseOnClose=1

mm=0

risk=1

Magic=123987

ReverseCondition=0

John

Files:

GoblinFibo1.2

I have placed GoblinFibo1.2 over Goblin1 and used settings similar to the ones used for Goblin1 that it has over written.

I have carried the weeks results together and posted a detailed statement below.

The settings used are:-

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=0

MaxTrades=13

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=4000.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=123987

Still carrying on the good work and now showing over $400 Closed Profit for the 3 days.

John

Files:
goblin12.htm  103 kb
goblin12.gif  5 kb

How can I set a specific stop loss, for this EA.

Specific stop loss

Yoda_Glenn:
How can I set a specific stop loss, for this EA.

I have never used the MaxLossperOrder setting preferring to allow the EA use it's MaxTrades setting together with the AccountProtection settings but it will override those other settings.

This taken from the code:-

Max. loss tolerance per order; once reached, order will be closed.

John

yeoeleven:
I have never used the MaxLossperOrder setting preferring to allow the EA use it's MaxTrades setting together with the AccountProtection settings but it will override those other settings.

This taken from the code:-

Max. loss tolerance per order; once reached, order will be closed.

John

I'm a bit confused.....what does Max Orders have to do with stop losses? And can someone explain the AccountProtection function in more detail?

MaxTrades

Yoda_Glenn:
I'm a bit confused.....what does Max Orders have to do with stop losses? And can someone explain the AccountProtection function in more detail?

The best way for you to understand about Dynamic Stop Loss it to go to the 10points3 thread and read what the author of the stop loss modification has to say about it. You will find tururo's post on page #19.

He explains the effect of MaxTrades and Initial Stop on the working of 10points3 Dynamic Stop and that is where this thread originated from.

As far as AccountProtection you can read more about that from the notes at the top of the EA coding.

John

Reason: