Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 7

lmx2000:
Sorry to answer you now. I prepare to use 2500USD with the IBFX mini account and only use 0.01lot, this 5000USD account is just for test.Anyway the more deep pocket the more possibility to win,thanks a lot! But do you think the EA opened with the wrong direction for USD/JPY?On the chart the EA said the trend for USD/JPY is "strong up",but today USD/JPY go south so huge.I am just a little confused.

There's something wrong with your setup or chart. The daily trend direction is "Strong Downtrend" for USDJPY and it has been that way since 11/23. At least that's what it says on my H1 chart. I'm seeing Goblin place successful sell orders for USDJPY today. Is anyone else seeing the chart for this pair indicate a "Strong Uptrend" today?

Goblin initial stop loss and trailing stop.

Hi Bluto.

I have some questions to discuss:

1. When I place initial stop loss at 300 as a security measure in a case of long term internet breakdown. Does it have any influence on the trailing stop?

2. How does the trailing stop work? I use this setup:

InitialStop = 300;

TrailingStop = 20;

TakeProfit = 30;

Now:

1. While entering position, I discovered EA places TP and SL all right, yet I didn't notice any SL sliding.

2. If there is MM=0 (money management Off). Is there a lot in this setting going to be still constant or is increasing 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8 etc.?

3. If there is MM=1. Is it going to be only initial lot size determined dynamically and is it going to remain alike furthermore?

4. Does it take then or in the future into its consideration size of a free margin while openning a new position?

Thanks for your reply.

Alan.

PS: The link to Goblin.zip shows error.

settings

frantacech:
Thanks

I testing with M15 - GPBUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF and USDJPY

extern double TakeProfit = 30; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.3; // First order will be for this lot size

extern double InitialStop = 300; // StopLoss

extern double TrailingStop = 20; // Pips to trail the StopLoss

extern int MaxTrades=10; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=10; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=60; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // If one the decision to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // Month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2050; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

// extern int EndHour=22; // Not used for now

// extern int EndMinute=30; // Not used for now

extern int mm=1; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=5; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

Thanks you have helped me to understand why my MaxTrades10 closed off at 7 in my previous testing of 10points 3 Dynamic Stop.

However I may be able to help you to understand the Initialstop here is a quote from tururo who amended the 10points 3 into the Dynamic Stop

tururo:
The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

Another observation regarding your settings is that you will need very deep pockets if you start your progression from .3, my own .01 can get into enough trouble when several pairs go against the set direction. But of course we are now dealing with a much improved method of setting the direction even so Murphy's law suggests that even the best can go wrong and will, at the most disadvantageous time.

John

yeoeleven:
Here is a detailed statement after closing off for the weekend.

The settings were previously posted.

This looks like a very useful EA having earned $119 over 3 days starting off at .01 units and the highest progression was to .08 and that only once.

Very impressed with it's ability to trade in the right direction.

John

I don't know when you started the forward testing exactly. But from my backtesting, there is a HUGE difference between starting from Tuesday and Wednesday.

I did the backtesting on Eur/USD 1h timeframe using default setting. If the starting day is Tuesday(Nov.21), this week's result was very bad. If it started from Wednesday(Nov.22), it is quite good. I guess it has to do with the time lag to recognize the daily trend change, as mentioned by Bluto.

Anyone else did the backtesting for this week(the whole week) ?

Starting time

teamfri:
I don't know when you started the forward testing exactly. But from my backtesting, there is a HUGE difference between starting from Tuesday and Wednesday.

I did the backtesting on Eur/USD 1h timeframe using default setting. If the starting day is Tuesday(Nov.21), this week's result was very bad. If it started from Wednesday(Nov.22), it is quite good. I guess it has to do with the time lag to recognize the daily trend change, as mentioned by Bluto.

Anyone else did the backtesting for this week(the whole week) ?

I started testing Goblin after Tuesday almost destroyed my testing of 10points 3 Dynamic Stop so I would also be very interested in anyones trading results over Monday/Tuesday.

If I had understood properly about AccountProtection and I had set that to 0 perhaps I wouldn't have been so hurt. There is truth in the statement that you should understand about coding before committing funds to live trading of EAs so there is time for me yet.

John

i love this EA...

detailedstatement_24.htm

Files:

phorex_phreak:
i love this EA... detailedstatement_24.htm

Wow, that's encouraging. Maybe all it needs is some diversification in trading pairs.

At one point, the trading size looks quite big, guess mini lot is a must.

By the way, do you use the default setting?

Here's min for just a day or so. MaxTrades set at 3.

Files:

whats up teamfri,

no i dont use the default settings, i have my own, and ive been testing with nano lots on interbankfx and have the same results on a 10K account, i will be going live with this next week on a 10,000 dollar account....i think this trading is a breakthrough in forex when you accurately find the ATR of a pair and then work with that....ill elaborate more on settings a little later as i have to go to my wifey's birthday dinner tonight.....talk to you guys and gals later....

bluto:
There's something wrong with your setup or chart. The daily trend direction is "Strong Downtrend" for USDJPY and it has been that way since 11/23. At least that's what it says on my H1 chart. I'm seeing Goblin place successful sell orders for USDJPY today. Is anyone else seeing the chart for this pair indicate a "Strong Uptrend" today?

I am seeing "Strong Uptrend" for USDJPY, see attached.

I just use the default settings, with the MaxTrades=5.

[attach]19666[/attach]

Files:
Reason: