Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 57

abrs70:
can you post the latest and reliable version in 1st post?

I only ever posted two versions of Goblin, and the latest is posted on the first ost of the first page - the 2nd version merely changed the trend detection mechanism from an H4 timeframe to an H1 timeframe.

EnkiJr:
I gather you are busy... am not sure if you've seen recent Hendrick's post - great guy... I would put a link there but don't know how to manage this here...

stand-by orders... very interesting... food for thought...

here is the copy...

=========================

Hendrick is a generous and brilliant guy. To quote a line from Ray Harryhausen's amazing movie "Clash Of The Titans".....................

Release The Kraken!!

abrs70:
wackena, there are 3 version of new EA. which one are you testing? should i use indicators as posted in 1st post? i hope they are the latest....because i saw many of us got error when uploading this EA

These are the latest version of Goblin and indicators that I'm using on H1.

Wackena

Files:
turbo_jvel.mq4  12 kb
goblin.mq4  15 kb

Wackena:
These are the latest version of Goblin and indicators that I'm using on H1. Wackena

i have backtested this EA from february to august 06, very poor results....lost usd10k

abrs70:
i have backtested this EA from february to august 06, very poor results....lost usd10k

lower the max trades to 3

xxDavidxSxx:
lower the max trades to 3

can you give your overall setting?

When the US Non-farm empoyment report came out this AM, on GBPUSD there was initially a price spike down. Goblin placed 6 straight sell orders. At the time, I thought this was very good. Price going south and issuing sells, good. Then on same H1 bar, the price reversed up quickly and caught 5 of the 6 sells for loses.

bluto, if there was a another JVEL filter with a low timeframe and/or period scan, and when TrendVal is exteme, Goblin would stop trading. Would Goblin be able to detect these sudden spikes? I know it would mean losing some good trades during some price spikes, but could it help to minimize these high loss occurences.

Don't know if it's workable, but just a thought.

As you know, Goblin loves a trending ranging market.

Wackena

Files:

Results

Hi...

Here are my results till now. I have restarted my GOBLIN YEOELEVEN... I changed de pairs to: EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, EURCHF.

I did this because i didn`t have good results with many GBP pairs

Good trades.

SETTINGS:

GOBLIN

DEFAULT SETTINGS

Time Frame = H1

Pairs = USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURJPY, EURUSD

GOBLIN YEOELEVEN

DEFAULT SETTINGS YEOELEVEN

Time Frame = H1

Pairs = EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, EURCHF

goblin_19.htm

goblin_yeoeleven_4.htm

Wackena:
When the US Non-farm empoyment report came out this AM, on GBPUSD there was initially a price spike down. Goblin placed 6 straight sell orders. At the time, I thought this was very good. Price going south and issuing sells, good. Then on same H1 bar, the price reversed up quickly and caught 5 of the 6 sells for loses.

bluto, if there was a another JVEL filter with a low timeframe and/or period scan, and when TrendVal is exteme, Goblin would stop trading. Would Goblin be able to detect these sudden spikes? I know it would mean losing some good trades during some price spikes, but could it help to minimize these high loss occurences.

Don't know if it's workable, but just a thought.

As you know, Goblin loves a trending ranging market.

Wackena

Does Goblin work ok with 0.01 lots in Backtesting?

Reason: